VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 30, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #466 of 2,697
I use stock tip as well and am thinking the sony hybrid will bring out the bass a little more on these. Also today I received a goodie in the mail from vsonic called the vsonic 1000 which I almost as good as the bass edition but has a dual ba driver and is tiny :0

Mar 30, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #469 of 2,697
Quote:
I personally noticed a little bit of difference once they were burnt in about 75 hours, as well as mentally getting adjusted to the sound.  Nobody has really been able to A/B a brand new BE vs one that has been burnt in, but I listened to mine for a few days initially, then let it burn in for about 50-60 hours before my next listen and noticed an improvement.  Mainly I noticed the high end of the spectrum was tamed a bit.  I think it's the nature of the bio-cellulose drivers, as you'll read about it with other headphones that use them (GR07, Creative Aurvana Live, various Sony headphones like the R-10, which is revered as one of the greatest headphones ever made).  Here is a little info on the technology, which was originally developed and patented by Sony:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/568694/biocellulose-and-its-use-in-headphones-earphones-referring-the-recent-iem-example-vsonic-gr-07-r07

Makes the GR07 and it's variations just that much more special IMO, and also makes me want to try out the CAL, which are pretty reasonably priced for how good they apparently sound:

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1364224559&sr=8-1&keywords=creative+aurvana+live

Sorry for my late response, but I was asking about the MH1C tips on the BE's, not its burn-in process.

I do agree with your reply though, the burn-in process is very well worth the wait. I'm well over 300 hours on my BE and very happy with the performance, but this leads to me wondering if the MH1C tips would make a significant improvement in the sounds?

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:34 AM Post #470 of 2,697
Quote:
Sorry for my late response, but I was asking about the MH1C tips on the BE's, not its burn-in process.

I do agree with your reply though, the burn-in process is very well worth the wait. I'm well over 300 hours on my BE and very happy with the performance, but this leads to me wondering if the MH1C tips would make a significant improvement in the sounds?

I liked the mh1c tips on the BE's, but I got mocked for using them, so I switched back to the blue stock tips
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, the mh1c tips do tend to increase the bass somewhat, but also make the bass more congested. I didn't mind it though, but after I switched back to the blue stock tips, I did realize that the blue stock tips are better in that the sound is more open and refined.

What I have been trying lately though are the auvio green tips. These have a fairly wide bore, and I was afraid that they might result in the treble getting too harsh or sibilant for me. But that didn't happen, and I am really enjoying them. The bass is lessened a bit from the blue stock tips, and the sound opens up even more. I'm not sure I'll be sticking with them in favor of the blue stock tips, but I am enjoying them.

Mar 31, 2013 at 12:40 AM Post #471 of 2,697
Mh1c tips make the sound congested for the bass edition , the vc1000 sound is similar to the gr07 bass edition but with airer mids and treble and the speed is about 15% faster and micro details are more prevalent. The bass does not have as much mid bass as the bass edition but sub bass is equal , this is the sound with only about 3hrs of use and no burn in. If you guys want it you better buy it now before they are gone because the are limited edition. Wayne you need to get these as well :D

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #472 of 2,697
Mochill, you are evil lol!

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:20 AM Post #473 of 2,697
Quote:

I liked the mh1c tips on the BE's, but I got mocked for using them, so I switched back to the blue stock tips
rolleyes.gif

Seriously, the mh1c tips do tend to increase the bass somewhat, but also make the bass more congested. I didn't mind it though, but after I switched back to the blue stock tips, I did realize that the blue stock tips are better in that the sound is more open and refined.

What I have been trying lately though are the auvio green tips. These have a fairly wide bore, and I was afraid that they might result in the treble getting too harsh or sibilant for me. But that didn't happen, and I am really enjoying them. The bass is lessened a bit from the blue stock tips, and the sound opens up even more. I'm not sure I'll be sticking with them in favor of the blue stock tips, but I am enjoying them.

That relieves me, I didn't want to spend $30 just for the tips lol.

I'm very happy with the stock tips (I use the red ones). Ran 6 miles with them. These things stay on even without the hooks!

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:24 AM Post #474 of 2,697
Hi guys, I just ordered 07 BE two hours ago, hope I'll not regret it. I was first going to buy Shure s215 Limited Edition but this topic changed my heart in the last minute. I mostly and heavily listen to electronic/house music. Tiesto, Axwell, Madeon, etc. Hope these will go great with this genre. I get them from Amazon with overnight shipping and sent a message to the seller telling them to be careful about not mixing it with original version and that package unopened/ not scratched :L3000: Otherwise I'll send it back. Headphones must smell new plastic :D

Can anyone tell their experience with house music? Does bass sound deep? This is all matters to me. Not boomy plastic, synthetic bass but deep, characteristic and natural bass is what I am looking for (not necessarily suppressed just should feel soft nice bass). Even my headphones that came with galaxy s3 sounded better than my prev westone um2 headphones in bass (yeah kill me but ears don't lie)

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:18 AM Post #476 of 2,697
My experience so far with 36+ hours of burn in is that songs with bass like trance/house/dnb/trip hop/dub/break beats sound awesome. I have been hearing stuff in songs by dj krush and dj shadow that i didn't know were there. Same with David Guetta. The tips also make a huge difference FYI. I went from the blue all the way up to the foam tips and back to the blue. The foam gives the best bass but I cant always get a good seal. The foam actually tends to close-up my right ear where i don't hear anything
triportsad.gif
. The clarity of these iems still blow my mind. I do recommed eq software (DSP?) if you use it with a android phone.

Mar 31, 2013 at 7:59 AM Post #477 of 2,697
These are by far the best bass iem out there and the bass is deep natural and hit just perfectly. I listen to a lot of electronic music and they sound excelent. , they also sound great with everything else because they are fast. :) .you will be happy for sure as am I.

Mar 31, 2013 at 1:59 PM Post #478 of 2,697
Quote:
These are by far the best bass iem out there and the bass is deep natural and hit just perfectly. I listen to a lot of electronic music and they sound excelent. , they also sound great with everything else because they are fast.
smily_headphones1.gif
.you will be happy for sure as am I.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say these are a bass IEM.  They are fantastic on the low end, but things like the Atrio M7 are much more bass oriented, but they literally cannot touch the balance and smoothness of the GR07BE.  No one would say the GR07 original or MKII would be a bass oriented IEM so adding a bit of low end to them really doesn't change that perception, it just makes them a better headphone for quite a few people.  :)

Mar 31, 2013 at 2:32 PM Post #479 of 2,697
That is what I'm reffering to, there are much more iem with much more bass but that doesn't mean they are better then the bass edition.the bass edition are just better in balance and bass response in my opinion vs. My jvc fxz200 which I bought for more then twice the price of them. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back