VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 28, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #436 of 2,697
I just got the gr07 be in the mail... and the box is diff than the first post. It came in the landscape box. Did they change it? it is making me worried. The only thing that said bass on it was a sticker on the side.

this is where i got it from:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ATWLG8Y/ref=ox_ya_os_product

Never mind saw in another thread they updated the packaging.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/647646/are-my-gr07-fake

So far I can say coming from the JVC FX3X with Sony Hybrid tips the bass is a lil under whelming. However the clarity in sound is amazing. Much better than the CKM 500. Are there any websites that can help with the break-in or a specific song you recommend on repeat?

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #437 of 2,697
You can use this - http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #438 of 2,697
Quote:
You can use this - http://www.bassdrivearchive.com/flashme/

Yup, that'll work. Not sure if you can download it though.

There are a lot of drums n bass tracks that can be downloaded at Mixcloud. This is a 30 minute track that I play continuously on my mp3 player at a very loud volume (not while in my ears lol!). I don't particularly like the track, but it bangs pretty hard and should give the drivers a good workout.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #439 of 2,697
So how long of a burn in for you to start noticing the bass?  I tried to use these with my shuffle for the gym and i am not sure if it couldnt power it or what but there was no bass and it sounded hollow.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:14 PM Post #440 of 2,697
Quote:
So how long of a burn in for you to start noticing the bass?  I tried to use these with my shuffle for the gym and i am not sure if it couldnt power it or what but there was no bass and it sounded hollow.

The bass should be there right out of the box- are you sure you have a good seal? Lack of bass and a hollow sound seems to point towards a missing seal imo

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #442 of 2,697
I got a tight seal, I guess i was expecting more sub bass out of this. O well guess i need to use a EQ with these. ;p I have to keep in mind that coming from the fx3x with hybrid tips these are a different sound. The FX3X had uber sub bass and a lil muddy sound but boy did it kick the bass. The GRO7 is just different cleaner. The songs I expected deep bass doesnt, foe example this song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCwKXEIhCWo

Maybe mine isnt the bass edition? it has the red and silver wire.

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #443 of 2,697
You have the bass edition for sure and yes they are not as crappy sounding to the fx3x which I also have, the bass edition need 300hrs of heavy bass beatdown on full volume and then the bass become much fuller and the whole sound is better altoghter , trust a brother :D

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #444 of 2,697
Quote:
You have the bass edition for sure and yes they are not as crappy sounding to the fx3x which I also have, the bass edition need 300hrs of heavy bass beatdown on full volume and then the bass become much fuller and the whole sound is better altoghter , trust a brother
biggrin.gif

LOL I trust ;] my ears just arent used to the clean sound.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:11 PM Post #447 of 2,697
Quote:
you might also be used to unrealistic boosted bass.
I promise you after listening to your BE's for a few days, your fx3x will sound much worse than you remembered and bass overdone and uncontrolled.

Couldn't have said it better myself, but I'll add my input as well.  The FX3X definitely has a lower region emphasis (my coworker has a pair), especially in the mid-bass - in comparison I'd say the BE is closer to neutral in that regard, but it does have alot more extension on both ends of the spectrum. Yes, the BE's tuning does emphasize the bass region a bit, but it does so more naturally and without bleeding into the mid region like a headphone with mid-bass emphasis will - yet, it doesn't seem to sacrifice the strengths of the GR07 MKII.  The MKII is even closer to a neutral, flat response compared to the BE, but the re-tuning of the lower regions makes for a more engaging, warmer headphone IMO. Purely for musical enjoyment the BE's sound is pretty great.  As you spend time with them and allow them to burn in (physically and mentally) you'll begin to notice more of the frequency spectrum, not only because these have a greater frequency range, but also because there isn't a real hump that will drown out the other mid regions.  These extend very low into the sub-bass regions, lower than the FX3X... trust me! 
biggrin.gif
  The bass will also be more dynamic and textured - a bass guitar will sound like a bass guitar, a kickdrum like a kickdrum, and a low boom like a subwoofer.  Also, reportedly like the MKII, I can say these respond very well to some EQ if your device supports that - I use it quite a bit depending on what album I'm listening to.

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #448 of 2,697
Quote:
Hi all,  Cowon z2 + Vsonic gr07 MK2,
is bad the result?
Sorry ... my english is very bad
 ... thanks

No worries!  I'd say that is a good pairing - I use a Cowon J3 with my GR07 Bass and they work very well together.  The Z2 should have the same sound quality since they use the same Wolfson DAC chip, the WM8960G.  The GR07 responds well to EQ so use some of the JetEffect settings!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back