VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 26, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #421 of 2,697
Quote:
The mh1c tips congest the sound and ruins the beautiful sound quality that these posseses. The stock tips are made for this.

Yeah, I think the stock tips might be better too.

The MH1C tips give too good of a seal. The wider bore of the stock tips opens up the sound as well.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #422 of 2,697
Quote:
can you use the gr07 straight from your phone or do you need an amp or dac?

What phone will you be using? I just tested it on my Galaxy SIII, which has a Wolfson WM1811.  It actually sounds quite good and gets sufficiently loud for my tastes - I used some 320kb MP3s and streaming via SoundCloud.  I haven't tried any of the Android EQ apps yet, though there are a bunch I've heard good things about.  I've also tried these with the GF's G1 iPad,  iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 3, all of which sounded pretty good and were able to offer plenty of power.  These are only 40 Ohm impedance rated, so most portable devices should power them quite well.  I would only recommend a separate amp if you have an iPhone and plan on utilizing it's line out (or with another device capable of line out) - you don't want to double amp from a headphone out.

The mh1c tips congest the sound and ruins the beautiful sound quality that these posseses. The stock tips are made for this.

I have to agree - the best SQ seems to be with the stock tips that come preinstalled.  IMO genuine Sony Hybrids come in a close second as they are more comfortable to me and have the nearest SQ to the stock tips, with the stock pseudo-hybrids coming in third.  I would recommend those who haven't tried the genuine hybrids to give them a shot, they can be had for about $7.50 from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-EPEX10A-BLK-Replacement-Earbuds/dp/B001RB24UA

They're pretty much identical in size to the pseudo-hybrids that come with the GR07/BE, but the inner foam is thinner and the silicone is a bit softer - YMMV depending on preferences.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM Post #423 of 2,697
Ok, thanks. I didn't notice the congestion with the mh1c tips happening, but I will try out the stocks again.

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:02 AM Post #424 of 2,697
Quote:
Ok, thanks. I didn't notice the congestion with the mh1c tips happening, but I will try out the stocks again.

Does anyone have link for the mh1c eartips
I'm using the "grey" stock gr07 be eartips,,& I'd like to try the mh1c's

Tnx
Mike

Mar 26, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #425 of 2,697
Yeah through tip rolling experimentation, the light blue/gray tips seem to be best. The stock hybrids are uncomfortable though. I gotta get a new set of Sony hybrids.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM Post #427 of 2,697
Thanks, i plans on getting either the new HTC one or sg4. I currently use the HTC Evo 4g and a shuffle for music. How comfortable are they? i plan on using them for my daily iem and possibly for the gym. The over/round the ear wire setup is making me hesitate on the purchase.

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #428 of 2,697
Quote:
Originally Posted by sybe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How comfortable are they? i plan on using them for my daily iem and possibly for the gym. The over/round the ear wire setup is making me hesitate on the purchase.

They are  as comfortable as any other over the ears. Have you had over the ear iem's before? What about over the ear is making you hesitate?

Fwiw, I typically like non over the ear iem's myself simply for the ease of taking out and putting in. But, I make the exception for the gr07be's :)

Mar 26, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #429 of 2,697
Quote:

They are  as comfortable as any other over the ears. Have you had over the ear iem's before? What about over the ear is making you hesitate?

Fwiw, I typically like non over the ear iem's myself simply for the ease of taking out and putting in. But, I make the exception for the gr07be's :)

They would be the first pair I would own, and I think the process of taking then off and on might take its tole on me. I had the cmk500's prior that i lost ;(. The sound was good but sometimes gave me ear fatigue. So i am looking for an updated daily iem. I also own the JVC FX3X which i typically use for the gym, but the sound isnt great. I guess for the gym the FX3X are good, just wanted a better sound.  Is there a similar sounding iem that is not over the ear?

Mar 27, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #430 of 2,697
Sony XBA-30 is not over the ear and from Amazon Japan via Tenso is the same price.

Mar 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #432 of 2,697
Quote:
Sony XBA-30 is not over the ear and from Amazon Japan via Tenso is the same price.

Yup, good recommendation. I don't think you can go wrong with the 30's.

Mar 28, 2013 at 10:17 AM Post #433 of 2,697
Quote:
I just pulled the trigger on the gr07 BE figured why not give them a try ;]

Welcome to the club!  Definitely let us know of your initial impressions and what you think after the recommended burn-in period 
cool.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back