VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions
Mar 31, 2013 at 2:35 PM Post #481 of 2,697
Quote:
These are by far the best bass iem out there and the bass is deep natural and hit just perfectly. I listen to a lot of electronic music and they sound excelent. , they also sound great with everything else because they are fast.
smily_headphones1.gif
.you will be happy for sure as am I.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say these are a bass IEM.  They are fantastic on the low end, but things like the Atrio M7 are much more bass oriented, but they literally cannot touch the balance and smoothness of the GR07BE.  No one would say the GR07 original or MKII would be a bass oriented IEM so adding a bit of low end to them really doesn't change that perception, it just makes them a better headphone for quite a few people.  :)

I'd have to agree with you, as I've owned the MG7 previously and was able to compare them directly. They certainly have one of the best bass responses I've ever heard in an IEM, but I ultimately found keeping them unnecessary once I started using the BE - they are just more versatile genre to genre for me.

Mar 31, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #484 of 2,697
I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say these are a bass IEM.  They are fantastic on the low end, but things like the Atrio M7 are much more bass oriented, but they literally cannot touch the balance and smoothness of the GR07BE.  No one would say the GR07 original or MKII would be a bass oriented IEM so adding a bit of low end to them really doesn't change that perception, it just makes them a better headphone for quite a few people.  :)

"balance and smoothness" this is what I was hoping for. But I'm also scared for balance's sake, and sounding neutral, I hate to hear "shaved bass". This happened to me with previous UM-2. I mean I'm not making music so I want to hear some fun, not out of fridge served cold tonality. It's so easy to find earphones out there that bump when there is bass or that bump even can be strong but this doesn't necessarily sound good. I'm really wondering how these are producing bass. I mean their signature. I even loved my sennheiser cx500 for this matter.

Mar 31, 2013 at 4:25 PM Post #486 of 2,697
Is there a ceiling for benefits of burn...saying once they have been burnt in....will the sound continue to evolve through regular use of the unit ???

I believe burn in helps the headphones hit their plateau faster than normal, beyond that though they get better I don't think it's huge and noticeable. But you can read tons of comments, people mentioning how their old headphones sounded nice after their years of usage but then they had to replace it with same headphones because they lost their old ones or they got broken. One common thing they tell is how different new pair sounds like compared to the old pair. They ask if the brand revised the product,etc. I believe this is all about the effects of long term burn in. But I think once you hit that spot, sound quality barely advances.

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #488 of 2,697
Quote:
I can agree with that ...ill flip thro some the other posts about n keep this one clean thanks for the feed back

I have heard that on the vsonic website, they recommend burning in the gr07's for 300 hours (and that they are adding that to the packaging as well).

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #489 of 2,697
Quote:

I have heard that on the vsonic website, they recommend burning in the gr07's for 300 hours (and that they are adding that to the packaging as well).

There is no such thing as burn-in, it's all a gimmick. By the time you finish burning them in, your return period is over and you're stuck with a pair of iems you didn't even like to begin with.  IT'S ALL A SCAM!!!
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:46 PM Post #490 of 2,697
Quote:
There is no such thing as burn-in, it's all a gimmick. By the time you finish burning them in, your return period is over and you're stuck with a pair of iems you didn't even like to begin with.  IT'S ALL A SCAM!!!
tongue_smile.gif

You're right. Burn in didn't help my S500's one bit.
beerchug.gif

Mar 31, 2013 at 5:53 PM Post #491 of 2,697
Quote:

You're right. Burn in didn't help my S500's one bit.
beerchug.gif

Of course it didn't, was all in your mind. Your brain was just adjusting to the sound, so the more you listened to them the more you will end up liking them. It's that simple really. Don't underestimate the power of your noggin meng, cuz it has magical powers to adapt and change the sound coming from you cans/ iems no matter how awful it sounded initially it will ALWAYS change for the better the more you listen.

Mar 31, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #492 of 2,697
Quote:
Of course it didn't, was all in your mind. Your brain was just adjusting to the sound, so the more you listened to them the more you will end up liking them. It's that simple really. Don't underestimate the power of your noggin meng, cuz it has magical powers to adapt and change the sound coming from you cans/ iems no matter how awful it sounded initially it will ALWAYS change for the better the more you listen.

Luckily for me, I know you are CRAZY lol!

Mar 31, 2013 at 9:21 PM Post #494 of 2,697
Quote:
^ CRAZY LIKE A FOX!!!

Indeed lol! Anyway, getting back OT, when are you getting your GR07BE's? (I would call them atomikn00b's gr07be's, but we all know that they are not his anymore lol)

When you get them, try out various tips such as your mh1c tips (a bit congested), and try out the auvio green tips, and of course try out the stock blue tips (which seem to be the ones). Spend some time finding the ones that work best for you, and then provide your thoughts on how the gr07be's compare to your cnk70's and fxz200's. And remember... this is serious stuff. Don't mess it up!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back