Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions
Nov 24, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #316 of 873
The picture seems use single channel opamp + LME49600 for each channel. Interesting.

Nov 24, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #317 of 873
Has anyone compared this to the vorzuge 1? Is it worth the upgrade?

Nov 24, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #318 of 873
Nov 24, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #320 of 873
It would be near impossible to squeeze all discrete components on that PCB. 

Nov 24, 2014 at 9:25 PM Post #321 of 873
I can't find any transistor on both layer PCB. 
Someone who have FiiO E12DIY would know how transparent is the sound of buffer LME49600. I do not intend to dig deeper Vorzuge tech, then measure how capabilities based solely on hardware specs. But that picture really interesting 
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2014 at 8:26 AM Post #322 of 873
same electronic components are used in diffrent amplifiers  ,the sound can be completelly different  it depends how do you use the specific component BTY i had before the fiio E12 but I sold it because it killed all the subtle harmonic components and this is  NOT
the case with the pure II amplifier ,the vorzamp output magnifies all the components of the music nothing is missing
vorzuge said that they audition the amp many , many hours and I the results seem to be very good IMO
also the PCB layout can be critial to achieve the best performance

Dec 5, 2014 at 9:48 AM Post #324 of 873
Do you feel that the singer's voice is a little bit far so that sometimes its details are hard to be listened out in the music played by vorzuge pure2?

yes that it right, the mids are pushed back and might be a little recessed, lacking the fullness you might want in vocals. For me the pure 2 is not a great vocal amp.

Dec 10, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #325 of 873
oh really? I Always thought the pure II is a very good amp for vocals because it has lush mids and black black background?
So in your opinion what would be a good amp for vocals?

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #326 of 873
Dont get me wrong its definitely not thin or anemic, it sounds good, but i just wouldnt place it as a top vocal amp. Perhaps its my pairing too. Try the kojo km-01 for that.

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:28 PM Post #327 of 873
  oh really? I Always thought the pure II is a very good amp for vocals because it has lush mids and black black background?
So in your opinion what would be a good amp for vocals?

Yeah, I don't find the upper mids (vocals) recessed at all. YMMV, based on the source and phones, but to my ears the mids are actually slightly forward.  Sorry, I probably just made the water muddier!

Dec 10, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #328 of 873

Yeah, I don't find the upper mids (vocals) recessed at all. YMMV, based on the source and phones, but to my ears the mids are actually slightly forward.  Sorry, I probably just made the water muddier!

That's how I hear it too... And with the Parterre, which is a touch dry on the mids....

Dec 10, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #329 of 873
That's how I hear it too... And with the Parterre, which is a touch dry on the mids....

I guess its really just my pairing. Now that i think of it the IC that i use with the pure 2 isnt the fullest sounding one so that might be the culprit. Having said that, compared to the kojo the pure 2 does sound thin and recessed in the mids in comparison. But the kojo is a super lush super sweet amp so thats probably why i find the pure 2 lacking for vocals! Not sure about the rest of you, but i find the pure 2 to be a better performer in classical music, one of the best in fact!

Dec 29, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #330 of 873
Just ordered the Pure II. Could use some help on finding a good pairing with the amp using both open and closed back headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back