Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Aug 12, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #5,311 of 5,717
Thanks. I love my Phoenix and my EXT, but was also wondering, whether the Jewel could replace both, using the N8ii.
Based on your review and mainly listening to acoustic music and vocals, I’d think that the Phoenix is still a good match.
Not so sure the Jewel will be superior to the Phoenix for acoustic music and vocals. That might be a battle. Please audition first. I do feel the Traillii is superior, but also a bit different and the Jewel is close to it so you definitely need to audition.

The best for vocals I have found is the Red Halo and Le Jardin by UM. Both are exactly the same. Now they might be adding a little bit to the vocals, but they did sound awfully nice when I auditioned them. Again, audition first if you ever have the chance.

The Phoenix is pretty darn good, so I would not be in any rush even though Traillii is my personal favorite.

Aug 12, 2022 at 7:54 PM Post #5,312 of 5,717
I looked at VE's own site and I couldn't find the limited edtion. Do you know who sells it?
As far as I know, this is specially for the Hong Kong agent to show at the HK AV Show. It should be sold out soon, and it will not be available in other regions. I have seen it on DMA's official website. You can ask them.

Aug 12, 2022 at 9:05 PM Post #5,313 of 5,717
IMG-20220719-WA0012.jpg

Side by side, the limited Black Phonix is really stealthy and cool. Last day to order through HK dealer is 14th Aug 2022.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #5,314 of 5,717

The special edition Black and Gold Phonix is extremely stealtht but very eye catching when paired with black and gold color tone.
Man… This colour combo is just match made in heaven.

Aug 14, 2022 at 6:33 AM Post #5,319 of 5,717
If like me, you have ripped off all your mesh that covers the bore of the IEM after trying tips 🤬, I recommend these for EXT :

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mO598fe

I received them today and they fit very well
IMG_20220812_161138.jpg

the selected size is 6,6*5,3
thank you .. as I lost those protections on my EXT too.

Aug 15, 2022 at 5:21 AM Post #5,320 of 5,717
Looking for a cable with slightly darker highs and slightly more defined bass for the EXT and N8ii. Leonidas II could be an option. I'm pretty sure there are further recommendations somewhere in this thread. ..

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #5,321 of 5,717
Looking for a cable with slightly darker highs and slightly more defined bass for the EXT and N8ii. Leonidas II could be an option. I'm pretty sure there are further recommendations somewhere in this thread. ..
The Effect Audio Ares S will get the job done givin your rquirements.

Aug 15, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #5,322 of 5,717
You may want to stay away from silver or majority silver cables. I think plussounds hybrid+ would be a good option for the higher end cables, plussounds tri-copper is also a good option and the copper+ (I feel that this pairing would neuter technicalities too much with EXT however hence the Hybrid+ Rec).

Aug 20, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #5,323 of 5,717
any cayin n8ii owners here who have erlkonig, what is your preferred setting on cayin n8ii with erlkonig.

whats your thought on engaging high gain power mode with erlkonig ?

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2022 at 4:47 AM Post #5,324 of 5,717
my effect audio Chiron sounds like a fit for what you are looking for haha 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back