Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Oct 26, 2015 at 6:41 AM Post #676 of 5,715
Hello. Lurker here...been very happy with my CKR earphones so I want to get into CIEM world.

I prefer my music to sound very bright and musical without too much focus on the vocals as I love hearing heavy metal instruments and solos.

Any idea how the VE 1.2, 2 or 3 will sound? Would their basic unit be a good starter for getting into the world of custom? Thanks for replying.

Hey, lurker :D

I will give my best to describe VE2 and VE3, as i have demoed them, and i ended up with VE3 now.

All i can say about VE3 is neutralish but musical, it has spacious soundstage, a lot bigger than VE2. Sound presentation is more intimate in VE2, and VE2 is more fun than VE3, VE3 is more monitor like ( and i use it also for in ear monitoring )

VE3 has better resolution, you'd get to hear micro details in your tune, in comparison to VE3, VE2 lacks the sparkle.

About the bass, that's quite tricky, i've been always thinking that VE3 has less bass than VE2, but the guy from VE said that VE3 has more bass than VE2. During the demo, i did hear more bass on VE2, but now i have VE3, VE3 has indeed sufficient bass, it's punchy and defined, and it also depends on source and Recording quality.

Separation is excellent in both, i can say it was surprising considering the number of driver they have.

I wouldn't say VE3 and VE2 are bright sounding IEMS, but VE3 is a good all rounder, i can enjoy free falling of john mayer, as well as Nemesis of arch enemy with my VE3, and i don't think i lose something there. If you are a basshead, you might lose that rattling sub bass, but otherwise high gain guitar solos sound real nice, and distorted crunchy strumming are reproduced with high resolution.

I didn't demo VE1.2, just because i know i wouldn't be interested.

Could you demo the IEMS in your country?

Btw, i don't know if they are good 'starter' CIEM because of the pricetag, but they sure are good :D

Oct 26, 2015 at 8:28 PM Post #677 of 5,715
Hey, lurker :D

I will give my best to describe VE2 and VE3, as i have demoed them, and i ended up with VE3 now.

All i can say about VE3 is neutralish but musical, it has spacious soundstage, a lot bigger than VE2. Sound presentation is more intimate in VE2, and VE2 is more fun than VE3, VE3 is more monitor like ( and i use it also for in ear monitoring )

VE3 has better resolution, you'd get to hear micro details in your tune, in comparison to VE3, VE2 lacks the sparkle.

About the bass, that's quite tricky, i've been always thinking that VE3 has less bass than VE2, but the guy from VE said that VE3 has more bass than VE2. During the demo, i did hear more bass on VE2, but now i have VE3, VE3 has indeed sufficient bass, it's punchy and defined, and it also depends on source and Recording quality.

Separation is excellent in both, i can say it was surprising considering the number of driver they have.

I wouldn't say VE3 and VE2 are bright sounding IEMS, but VE3 is a good all rounder, i can enjoy free falling of john mayer, as well as Nemesis of arch enemy with my VE3, and i don't think i lose something there. If you are a basshead, you might lose that rattling sub bass, but otherwise high gain guitar solos sound real nice, and distorted crunchy strumming are reproduced with high resolution.

I didn't demo VE1.2, just because i know i wouldn't be interested.

Could you demo the IEMS in your country?

Btw, i don't know if they are good 'starter' CIEM because of the pricetag, but they sure are good :D

Thanks for telling me. I am just curious. And no, sadly I cannot audition VEs so thats why I am asking.

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #678 of 5,715
So guys. Curious here, how does the VE5 sound? For indie pop like OMAM, will it be great? I like listening to vocals of such songs and I heard lot of goid things bout it. Any thoughts from auditioners/owners?

Nov 2, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #679 of 5,715
So guys. Curious here, how does the VE5 sound? For indie pop like OMAM, will it be great? I like listening to vocals of such songs and I heard lot of goid things bout it. Any thoughts from auditioners/owners?

It's all in the review. VE5 = Vocals Vocals Vocals Vocals Vocals

Nov 2, 2015 at 6:42 AM Post #682 of 5,715
I had the VE5 for a home demo and really liked it. It was definitely my favourite of the Vision Ears lineup.  Unfortunately, it was out of my price range.

I read plenty of reviews of it and they're shimmering with praises on the vocal presentation. Now I am curious to demo one. :U

Nov 6, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #686 of 5,715
Can anyone tell me any different between VE 2,3,4 and Rhines Stage 2,3,4? Thanks.

Nothing, ve2,3,4 are made based on stage 2,3,4 back at the days, when rhines and VE were still under the same hood

R u sure theres absolutely no difference? I wouldnt be surprised if both companies based their designs on the designs from compact monitors before the split, but id be very surprised if theres no difference between them at all

Nov 7, 2015 at 7:45 AM Post #687 of 5,715
R u sure theres absolutely no difference? I wouldnt be surprised if both companies based their designs on the designs from compact monitors before the split, but id be very surprised if theres no difference between them at all

I would be surprised if there would be a difference!
wink.gif

Even the prices are the same!

An indicator is the fact that the newer models(RC Stage 5) are described as "exclusively available at Rhines", so they are something build by the seperated companies.

A difference is the housing(process of making them), but I wouldn´t go that far that this would make a difference...

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #690 of 5,715

I'm dead sure, I live in germany, and even in the order form over here, if you order VE2, VE3, or VE4, they still refer them as 'stage2, stage3, and stage4'. to take it to another level, even the founder confirmed that VE2,VE3,VE4 are based on stage2, stage3,and stage4, so are the stage series from Rhines custom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back