Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Jul 11, 2015 at 11:50 PM Post #662 of 5,715
Hi all, it has been 2 years with my Vision Ears Stage 3 now. I think it is time for me to say something with my experience again. I was comparing with quite a few established products, including FitEar 334 and JH 13. I think sometimes it is extremely difficult to judge a earpiece by other comments and experience. You will really have to try it yourself. I'm still not sure why JH 13 was a total disaster for me at that time of testing. Probably the seal was really poor. I love the FitEar 334, but too expensive for me. I was shocking that I love the Stage 3 so much amongs all well known ear pieces I've compared.

I'm not gonna to describe how this earphone sounds. But I wish to talk about something else here. I think to judge a ear piece if it is truly good or not, it is not at all by telling others how it sounds. The comment and experience from one user can be extremely misleading to another because it is the experience from one's ear and hearing preference. But I somehow tend to realise how my Stage 3 does to me and I really wish to share this to everyone.

I think a truly good ear piece is by how it responses to different recordings and how revealing it can be. The Stage 3 is able to changing the character of bass and its response, all depends on the recording itself. I have never hear from a earpiece that it can reproduce so many kind of different bass character, revealing the truth of the recording itelf. Some recording has such strong and tight bass, some has less, and some has a lot of very low end bass, and the Stage 3 can fully monitor the real truth of each recordings and I can hear so many different kind of bass which I don't find many earpieces are capable of.

It is same to the quality of each recording. the Stage 3 can sound awful with poor recordings, and it progresses along with better and better recordings. It can reveal so much difference the better a recording is, the Stage 3 can really tell you the subtle difference of the improvement of the better recordings.

The Stage 3 is so revealing and it has such great flexibility of reproducing how each recording is meant to be. It is a real master piece of monitoring device. I think this is a very important factor to judge a earpiece.

Sep 14, 2015 at 12:14 PM Post #665 of 5,715
had the opportunity to take an expensive day trip from IFA at Berlin to visit these guys at Cologne.  had spoken at length with both Amin and Marcel.  their passion for what they build with their hands is immense and filled with pride.  yes, both bosses are hands on creating the very pair of VE customs in your ears!

they are not your typical business out to sell you a pair of ciems but highly skilled craftsmen that create the gem of a pair where you will cherish with many years to come.

Sep 14, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #666 of 5,715
Very nice! But next time you should have Kölsch instead of Almdudler.
wink_face.gif

So which CIEM did you go/are you going for?

Sep 15, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #669 of 5,715
will leave it to Vision Ears to make the announcement as and when they so decide to.

personally do listen to a lot of vocals where the VE5 really shines.  it is really scalable with different upgrade cables.

Sep 15, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #670 of 5,715
  will leave it to Vision Ears to make the announcement as and when they so decide to.

personally do listen to a lot of vocals where the VE5 really shines.  it is really scalable with different upgrade cables.

I love it with the Effect Audio Mars cable. NOt cheap but superb sound in combination with the VE5

Oct 23, 2015 at 8:14 AM Post #674 of 5,715
Hi all, it has been 2 years with my Vision Ears Stage 3 now. I think it is time for me to say something with my experience again. I was comparing with quite a few established products, including FitEar 334 and JH 13. I think sometimes it is extremely difficult to judge a earpiece by other comments and experience. You will really have to try it yourself. I'm still not sure why JH 13 was a total disaster for me at that time of testing. Probably the seal was really poor. I love the FitEar 334, but too expensive for me. I was shocking that I love the Stage 3 so much amongs all well known ear pieces I've compared.

I'm not gonna to describe how this earphone sounds. But I wish to talk about something else here. I think to judge a ear piece if it is truly good or not, it is not at all by telling others how it sounds. The comment and experience from one user can be extremely misleading to another because it is the experience from one's ear and hearing preference. But I somehow tend to realise how my Stage 3 does to me and I really wish to share this to everyone.

I think a truly good ear piece is by how it responses to different recordings and how revealing it can be. The Stage 3 is able to changing the character of bass and its response, all depends on the recording itself. I have never hear from a earpiece that it can reproduce so many kind of different bass character, revealing the truth of the recording itelf. Some recording has such strong and tight bass, some has less, and some has a lot of very low end bass, and the Stage 3 can fully monitor the real truth of each recordings and I can hear so many different kind of bass which I don't find many earpieces are capable of.

It is same to the quality of each recording. the Stage 3 can sound awful with poor recordings, and it progresses along with better and better recordings. It can reveal so much difference the better a recording is, the Stage 3 can really tell you the subtle difference of the improvement of the better recordings.

The Stage 3 is so revealing and it has such great flexibility of reproducing how each recording is meant to be. It is a real master piece of monitoring device. I think this is a very important factor to judge a earpiece.

True story, have VE3 and JH13 atm, and had CE6P. Among the elder 'sisters' ve3 has a place in my heart. But i'm still eyeing VE6, might place an order this winter :D

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #675 of 5,715
Hello. Lurker here...been very happy with my CKR earphones so I want to get into CIEM world.

I prefer my music to sound very bright and musical without too much focus on the vocals as I love hearing heavy metal instruments and solos.

Any idea how the VE 1.2, 2 or 3 will sound? Would their basic unit be a good starter for getting into the world of custom? Thanks for replying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back