Vision Ears and Rhines Custom Monitors (formerly Compact Monitors)
Apr 23, 2021 at 6:57 AM Post #2,461 of 5,717
They are really really lovely haha even going back and forth with Odin I don’t feel like it’s lacking in anything particular... obviously the signature and driver technology differences are apparent but the VE8 just nails what it sets out to do and the signature it’s going for. It really reminds me of a warmer, more technical Andromeda that has better mids and a more natural sound. I would pick the VE8 EVERYDAY over the U12t.

Same here. For as far as the VE8 is underappreciated, the U12t is overhyped...........it's not bad really, but nothing special as long as the VE8 is around. The only problem with VE8 is its German not US so not as easily seen and listened to in many parts of the world, and not as robustly marketed as 64, and it's somehow weirdly positioned price-wise under 2 sonically inferior "flagship" models.

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:16 AM Post #2,462 of 5,717
Same here. For as far as the VE8 is underappreciated, the U12t is overhyped...........it's not bad really, but nothing special as long as the VE8 is around. The only problem with VE8 is its German not US so not as easily seen and listened to in many parts of the world, and not as robustly marketed as 64, and it's somehow weirdly positioned price-wise under 2 sonically inferior "flagship" models.
Controversial end points haha. I have no experience with the others you are on about but I agree with your other points. I don't think VE quite has the marketing clout etc as 64 yet but I can see this changing pretty fast. Made in Germany will definitely be a USP for them, love their craftsmanship and finish.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #2,463 of 5,717
I grab VE 8 today without audition and trust review around. Really sweet sound and i found the sound signature kinda like refined Fitear TG335 :heart:
IMG_2292.jpg

Apr 23, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #2,464 of 5,717
Hmmm on VE8 vs U12t, I’d personally take the U12t over it any day, admittedly though I have an especially big soft spot for the U12t

Of the VE lineup, I like the Elysium best, but the house tuning hasn’t been as appealing to me lately in general, been favoring the colder tuning of 64A/JH

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #2,465 of 5,717
Hmmm on VE8 vs U12t, I’d personally take the U12t over it any day, admittedly though I have an especially big soft spot for the U12t

Of the VE lineup, I like the Elysium best, but the house tuning hasn’t been as appealing to me lately in general, been favoring the colder tuning of 64A/JH
My music do you listen to mostly @mvvRAZ ? Thats the great thing about this hobby I guess! So much variety to suit everyones tastes.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #2,466 of 5,717
...it's somehow weirdly positioned price-wise under 2 sonically inferior "flagship" models.
not sure ve would agree with you about that. 😃

overall, I think ve is really great at what it does, which to me, is delivering a uniquely musical and engaging sound regardless of driver configuration; they always strive to ensure the emotion of the music comes through.

it also helps that they have some of the best customer service in the business, so they’re also generally quite humble and pleasant to deal with.

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:15 AM Post #2,467 of 5,717
My music do you listen to mostly @mvvRAZ ? Thats the great thing about this hobby I guess! So much variety to suit everyones tastes.
Currently - loads of rock, some metal, a lot of rap ranging from the 90s to more modern meme-y stuff - all of what I currently listen to has these harsh, cold and depressing lyrics so an emotional, poetic midrange just feels out of place haha

A lot of my current IEM preference is a direct reflection of what I’m listening to right now though, for sure. Back when I was obsessed with the Elysium my music was really vocal-centric and for that, the Ely has no second

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #2,468 of 5,717
Currently - loads of rock, some metal, a lot of rap ranging from the 90s to more modern meme-y stuff - all of what I currently listen to has these harsh, cold and depressing lyrics so an emotional, poetic midrange just feels out of place haha

A lot of my current IEM preference is a direct reflection of what I’m listening to right now though, for sure. Back when I was obsessed with the Elysium my music was really vocal-centric and for that, the Ely has no second
Haha sounds dark man, you ok? :sweat_smile: But yeah I get that, VE8 wouldn't be my first pick for fast metal or synth stuff that benefits from an accentuated sub bass.

Apr 23, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #2,469 of 5,717
weirdly positioned price-wise under 2 sonically inferior "flagship" models.

I would disagree that the Elysium is "sonically inferior" to the VE8. I owned a VE8 last year for a while and had the Ely/VE8 tour kit a few months ago and found the Elysium a better sounding IEM to my tastes pretty much across the board (as usual, YMMV). Regarding the price difference Ely has more exotic driver types and more tech so it's not that surprising it costs more. I will agree that the VE8 (and the Andromeda 2020 for that matter) smokes the u12t though-- relative to the hype around it the u12t was the most disappointing TOTL IEM I've heard. 64 Audio IEMs in general don't do anything for me as I find their overall sound too thin and insubstantial (I have not heard either Fourte or the u18s, however). Again, YMMV.

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #2,470 of 5,717
I'm currently battling out the VE8 with the Oriolus Mk2 and I'm finding the latter to be more layered with more extension on both ends... and this mini bird costs slightly less than a grand...

😐

Apr 23, 2021 at 9:30 AM Post #2,471 of 5,717
Haha sounds dark man, you ok? :sweat_smile: But yeah I get that, VE8 wouldn't be my first pick for fast metal or synth stuff that benefits from an accentuated sub bass.
I’m good hah! There’s just something about sitting on an office desk, plugging numbers into excel while listening about the world’s injustices and cold realities :D

Apr 23, 2021 at 11:46 AM Post #2,472 of 5,717
The VE8 should be in the hall of fame for IEMs. So technically superior, so complete in its capabilities while so easily enjoyable to e
I’m a recent VE8 owner and I have to say I enjoy listening to any genre on it.
Even for rock and heavy metal, it suits my preferences really well!
I think VE absolutely knocked it out of the park with this well built and tuned (dare I say warm-smooth-engaging) in ear monitor.
It’s a beautiful blend of comfort and sound through exquisite expertise and craftsmanship!

Attachments

• 90144893-5C0B-48BD-950B-656C15557D7A.jpeg
    90144893-5C0B-48BD-950B-656C15557D7A.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Apr 23, 2021 at 11:58 AM Post #2,473 of 5,717
I think VE absolutely knocked it out of the park with this well built and tuned (dare I say warm-smooth-engaging) in ear monitor.
It’s a beautiful blend of comfort and sound through exquisite expertise and craftsmanship!
VE8 is absolutely fantastic, and i would be hard pressed to say which one i liked more, it or U12t.
I think i would still go with U12t, but mostly because of the pressure relieve system.

Elysium on the other hand didn't impress me at all 🤷‍♂️

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:02 PM Post #2,474 of 5,717
VE8 is absolutely fantastic, and i would be hard pressed to say which one i liked more, it or U12t.
I think i would still go with U12t, but mostly because of the pressure relieve system.

Elysium on the other hand didn't impress me at all 🤷‍♂️
Curious as to what you found lacking in the Elysium...

Apr 23, 2021 at 12:05 PM Post #2,475 of 5,717
Curious as to what you found lacking in the Elysium...

Whenever you're feeling up for I'm game to do that exchange we talked about and let you hear mine for a couple weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back