Virtual Dynamics Judge power cable arrived
Apr 6, 2009 at 10:37 AM Post #256 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by vvanrij /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you replaced the K1000 with ER4P's...

The ER4P's were no good until I rolled some resistors and replaced the stock cable with Genesis + Valhalla.

I have found that the headphones come last, Valhalla headphone cable comes first. But I still need to use Genesis daisy chained into the Valhalla to get the bass.

l_d969843a89344700b3052aefb7b70153.jpg

l_53f217693fe241fcb2ebcd5fecfb8fe1.jpg

Apr 7, 2009 at 4:20 PM Post #258 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by apatN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With all those facial expressions and all. Are you trying to tell me something?

I think his Brother works for Sham-Wow....

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:32 AM Post #259 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you tried Stax?

No, I have not tried electrostatic headphones, but I think I would like them if they give more resolution than K1000.

Apr 18, 2009 at 8:37 AM Post #260 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
l_53f217693fe241fcb2ebcd5fecfb8fe1.jpg

This looks like some sick experiment involving electricity and a mass murderer.
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 18, 2009 at 9:19 AM Post #261 of 327
I plugged in the laptop battery and it sounded very warm, flat and boomy, the layering was bad and it didn't sound good. However, there was a little more low-level detail and resolution, the edginess had transformed into more transients, I believe that is how it's supposed to sound. But I wasn't impressed. I rather have some edginess in the sound to give an illusion of clarity, the battery was just grey and boring.

When I changed back to Judge power cable I got bigger and tighter bass, everything was clean, clear and aggressive. The bass was stronger than battery power because it was colored, it also sounded deeper and very different. I could hear many sounds at the same time because there was more space between those sounds, everything was more 3 dimensional. It wasn't neutral but it sounded more like real music to me.

The bass of most power cables is bigger than battery power, but it's only bigger because it's smeared, muddy and slow. Some thin cables like Nordost Vishnu have tighter bass than battery but everything is weak and thin. Judge power cable has bigger bass than battery but it doesn't smear anything, it makes it tighter than battery, much tighter!

It reminds me of my fat Nordost Valhalla experiments a while ago, I made the Valhalla as fat and short as possible (10x16awg conductors) while inserting RFI into it to get brightness into the sound. Smearing out the RFI with overly thick power cable resulted in smooth whiteness which gave an illusion of transparency and realism, however, the Valhalla gave less low-level detail and bass than Genesis power cable. The Genesis sounded too warm and analog like vinyl, I didn't like either of them.

The Judge power cable has more speed and clarity than Nordost Valhalla and more low-level detail and bass than 3 Genesis daisy chained together. The Judge is something very special!

Judge is the only cable I would choose over battery power. With my multiple Genesis + PS Audio Quintet + Premier Power Plant (MultiWave) the sound was equal to battery power. The bass was the same, the low-level detail worse, but it sounded clear and fast because of the MultiWave setting. I only used that setup to get MultiWave, if I only had the normal sinewave I would have used battery power. After I removed the power conditioners I didn't have MultiWave anymore, it sounded grey and boring with less low-level detail than battery. But when I reduced the wattage of the system and used a shorter signal path I got better sound overall.

When I upgraded multiple Genesis into a Judge I could hear the MultiWave sound signature again, I suspected it was better than 3x Genesis + PS Audio Quintet + Power Plant. When doing a direct comparison of Judge vs battery, I confirmed it, it's much better! And it isn't equal to battery, it's better overall! Judge is my dream cable!

Apr 22, 2009 at 1:10 PM Post #262 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No, I have not tried electrostatic headphones, but I think I would like them if they give more resolution than K1000.

I think they should be next on your list, I cannot say if they are more detailed than the k1000, ask Krmathis? To my ears they are a lot more detailed than the ER4*.

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:10 PM Post #264 of 327
Why cant I view the videos except the one where he bashes the crate open. He is my hero.

Sep 6, 2009 at 11:15 PM Post #265 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why cant I view the videos except the one where he bashes the crate open. He is my hero.

I put those videos private because otherwise my girlfriend will see them and dump me from fear (we met on youtube). However, I still kept the underwear photos/videos for obvious reasons.

Sep 7, 2009 at 1:45 AM Post #266 of 327
Patrick, I thought you were long gone. Well seems you are still alive.

Anyways I have read "more about you" and seems I am getting closer and closer. I have to admit you are more interesting than any thread here on head-fi. I have watched all your vids before you made them private and there is just something in them that is always a bit out of place.

I like the way you criticize this "hobby". It is a different approach that allows you to keep participating in this forums without getting attacked or insulted. You basically play around a lot and it confuses everyone.
beerchug.gif

Even so there are still some parts I don't completely understand from your posts here. You sure spend some money on tweaks and stuff like that. You mix things all together and it seems to be a good way as to not get caught. Even so, I assume you came here for the same reasons everyone did, to find the "best sound possible". You found the "truth" (as if were really that here) somewhere and decided to keep what you decided it was worth it.

I would appreciate if you were to tell me via PM what you are exactly up to. I wouldn't tell, don't see any reason why I should nor any benefit. Even so, keep up with this threads and funny videos.

Hope you got the Hello Kitty pajamas
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #267 of 327
OMG I have not laughed this much in ages!
The level of facepalm in this thread is unparalleled
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by les_garten /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think his Brother works for Sham-Wow....

gahhhh we have to suffer this guy in AU now too :'(

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #268 of 327
I just spent the last 15 mins reading the whole thread... I am speechless and confused.... and uhh.... yeah... words fail me at this time...

Sep 30, 2009 at 2:03 PM Post #270 of 327
Patrick, you got big balls man. Anyone who actually spunks away money like this just for social commentary/performance art .... that's a whole new level of dedication. Never seen anyone so, uh, dedicated to a cause ... I got massive respect for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back