Virtual Dynamics Judge power cable arrived
Dec 29, 2009 at 2:39 AM Post #302 of 327
The virtual absence of magnetism in this thread fails to attract my attention. Why the lack of tolerance for the dynamics of positive and negative opinions? (Am I being too judge-mental (sic)?) Maybe if I get wired I'll feel the electricity of the arguments.

Dec 29, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #303 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's just nonsense.

well, isn't that OP's speciality?
wink.gif

Dec 29, 2009 at 10:25 AM Post #304 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I moved the Judge a little and bent it on one end to change the position of the power strip 90 degrees. I heard a reduction of sound quality and went to look what was wrong, then I saw that one of the magnets wasn't resting on Magix anymore, I quickly put the Magix back and got more clarity in the music. But it's still not like before. Bending the Judge reduces clarity because it needs to get burned in again for many weeks.

Yeah, right!
evil_smiley.gif

Dec 30, 2009 at 5:17 PM Post #305 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's just nonsense.

Maybe...maybe not. Just because one does not understand something, does not mean it is not happening. Some thought long ago that it was "nonsense" that the Earth revolved around the sun and not visa versa.

I have heard similar things from George Cardas when mentioning moving interconnects and speaker cables. Just the fact of moving them and changing their shape/position does alter the flow of the signal through the cable, and hense the sound, for a brief period, at least until the cable "settles" into its new position and the sound returns to "normal." What exactly is happening to the signal at the electrical and the atomic level I do not know. This is best described in the Cardas website: Cardas Audio

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #306 of 327
Last night I dreamt that I received a 2nd Judge power cable in the mail, then I went to the city and carried them around and did biceps curls with them while people were looking. What does my dream mean? I should purchase another Judge power cable? Where will I put it?

Jan 1, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #307 of 327
Happy New Year Patrick!
Tie up your girlfriend with it.

Jan 4, 2010 at 6:09 AM Post #308 of 327
patrick82 said:-
Last night I dreamt that I received a 2nd Judge power cable in the mail, then I went to the city and carried them around and did biceps curls with them while people were looking. What does my dream mean? I should purchase another Judge power cable? Where will I put it?.

What does the dream mean? That one's easy. Too much xmas cheer.
Go easy on the eggnogg, Patrick.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:13 PM Post #309 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Last night I dreamt that I received a 2nd Judge power cable in the mail, then I went to the city and carried them around and did biceps curls with them while people were looking. What does my dream mean? I should purchase another Judge power cable? Where will I put it?

I think you might try to recable Sennheiser HD800 or even better Grado PS1000 with this cable. No offence just came up to my mind as a nice idea.
atsmile.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #310 of 327
Patrick banned?

no-darth_vader.jpg

Jan 12, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #311 of 327
While lurking in this thread I've come to think of patrick as a Schrodinger's cat of sorts. He was present in two capacities on head-fi, Jekyll as a tragically gullible hi-fi nut who transgressed the psychological bounds of good taste and Hyde as the elaborate troll who feigned subservience to fashionable nonsense. His ban means that someone looked in the box, at least privately, to find evidence of one over the other. (Now to further mutilate the initial metaphor) The cat's out of the bag and if it's dead then there's not much left to do but kick around the carcass
frown.gif

Jan 12, 2010 at 3:17 PM Post #313 of 327
Is Patrick banned?

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:34 PM Post #314 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is Patrick banned?

Yes, as evidenced by the fact his username says banned under it. It's sad, even if he was an elaborate troll he was entertaining and relatively harmless (although his videos about skeptics gives me the heebie jeebies)

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:47 PM Post #315 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by 4N6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...What exactly is happening to the signal at the electrical and the atomic level I do not know. This is best described in the Cardas website: Cardas Audio

And neither do they know. No cable company does. It's all marketing hype and b.s. claims. If there is some unknown effect happening, they do not know what it is and should not claim to. Rather just say "it sounds good but we do not know why it does this." At least that would be honest. When was the last time they put their cable under a scanning electron microscope? When was the last time they did any scientific study of the cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back