Virtual Dynamics Judge power cable arrived
Nov 9, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #286 of 327
Signal Virility Boosters!

Nov 9, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #287 of 327
It keeps the bad audio waves away from the good ones.

Oh yeah...

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #292 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i don't even understand what those huge cylinder things are on the cable and what purpose they serve.

All of the black things on the cables are magnets. 2 different sizes.
The brass things are not magnets. According to patrick, the magnetic
properties are significant. i.e. several thousand gauss.

Magnets used this way in similar circuits serve to add hysteresis
to the AC signal. Basically as a way to reduce noise around the
zero crossing.

Nov 17, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #293 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

zero crossing.

I nominate Gauss for the coolest unit of measure!

Nov 17, 2009 at 11:42 PM Post #294 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by West726 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"SEND-UP"? Seriously? Sorry, friend, it's far more subtle. Think as you wish, though.

How does being "more subtle" make it not a send-up? Perhaps it's performance art?

Claiming to put $500 in vibration supressors under a powerstrip and raving about all the improvements in sound is about as un-subtle as it gets.
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2009 at 1:36 PM Post #295 of 327
The main benefit of VD gear is that they figured out that powdered metal completely immobilizes the conductors while still allowing the cable to (sort of) bend, this is really effective vibration dampening beyond what textile padding and such can do. Then the various clamps snuff out vibrations at certain points by squishing the metal powder into the wires even harder. The magnets do some sort of sound cleanup duty. Really, the VD cables have a lot more to offer than most out there that I've seen. This cable is overkill for the OP's purposes but I'm sure it could be a valuable part of a super reference setup. With his T-amp and EMU system it's a terrible, terrible waste...while he's maxed out the performance of these items by purifying their power until it's whiter than the robes of God, it's like achieving the maximum F1-tuned status of a Geo Metro.

Dec 3, 2009 at 2:43 PM Post #297 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by scootermafia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The main benefit of VD gear is that they figured out that powdered metal completely immobilizes the conductors while still allowing the cable to (sort of) bend, this is really effective vibration dampening beyond what textile padding and such can do. Then the various clamps snuff out vibrations at certain points by squishing the metal powder into the wires even harder. The magnets do some sort of sound cleanup duty. Really, the VD cables have a lot more to offer than most out there that I've seen. This cable is overkill for the OP's purposes but I'm sure it could be a valuable part of a super reference setup. With his T-amp and EMU system it's a terrible, terrible waste...while he's maxed out the performance of these items by purifying their power until it's whiter than the robes of God, it's like achieving the maximum F1-tuned status of a Geo Metro.

I don't think it is overkill for a K1000 system. Perhaps it's overkill for Etymotic ER4P since they are resolution limited, however, the difference in flavor is still easy to hear. I re-wired the ER4P with Valhalla...I didn't get any resolution improvements but I did get the Valhalla sound signature which I love. It's the same thing with Judge, I like the Judge mostly for the coloration I get, and as a bonus I get higher resolution than with multiple Genesis power cables.

I have switched into a speaker setup, I have both Adam A5 and Adam A7. I get more resolution from the cheaper A5 because of lower electricity and smaller driver, but that's only when I use a lot of tweaks to fix the brightness of A5. The same thing was true when I switched dCS sources into EMU0404 USB.

With K1000, Adam A7, and Adam A5. If I can hear huge improvements when undervolting the computer, then the system is revealing enough and will benefit from Judge power cable.

Dec 29, 2009 at 12:26 AM Post #299 of 327
I moved the Judge a little and bent it on one end to change the position of the power strip 90 degrees. I heard a reduction of sound quality and went to look what was wrong, then I saw that one of the magnets wasn't resting on Magix anymore, I quickly put the Magix back and got more clarity in the music. But it's still not like before. Bending the Judge reduces clarity because it needs to get burned in again for many weeks.

Dec 29, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #300 of 327
Quote:

Originally Posted by kevin gilmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif

zero crossing.

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back