Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Sep 13, 2023 at 5:13 PM Post #5,656 of 5,991
Another thing I had apparently misunderstood: this reissue is actually available for worldwide shipping! For some reason I had thought it was USA only... even though it probably says otherwise somewhere in the thread above. Forgive me, I can be dense sometimes.

So for anyone out there wishing this deal was available outside of North America - which is indeed the usual territory for Power Holdings - it can actually be shipped worldwide!

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #5,659 of 5,991
I definitely don't need a reissue V281 but I find myself tempted regardless...

Please buy all 100 of them so there aren't any more available when I eventually break down and try to order!
This my dilemma as well....

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #5,661 of 5,991
I think we all should consult a certain Rolling Stones song about want vs need...
That's only if you try sometimes, a hah hah hah...

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #5,662 of 5,991
Sep 26, 2023 at 5:50 AM Post #5,664 of 5,991
Still love my OG V281! Current headphone : Meze Elite.

Sep 26, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #5,666 of 5,991
Sep 27, 2023 at 1:36 AM Post #5,668 of 5,991
The whole thing leaves me Shattered. With 60 years of Stones archives, I'm thinking this could go on ad nauseam
… unless the Head-Fi moderator(s) banish us to be Exiles On Main Street … 😖👎

Sep 27, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #5,669 of 5,991
(Got this email blast about the V281 reissue, I suspect many of you did as well but here it is just in case.)

Introducing a V281 Reissue!

Customers have been asking for years if there are any V281 left in stock. This model has been missed by many for its tube like warmth and slim form factor. So Violectric has decided to make 100 special edition units. At the request of many customers we have added some new features to make this iconic model even better.

V281 Reissue

• The circuit design will be the same as the original for that iconic Violectric sound signature (Tube like warmth with a powerful tight bass punch).
  • The case will be the same form factor and design as the original. Measurements: 170mm W x 112mm H x 320mm D / 7" W x 4.4" H x 12.6" D

New features added!

• The case will be smooth brushed black anodized aluminum (No more gray nextel coating that chips off).
  • The front plate will have Light-Edge milling (45 degree silver polished edge).
  • The feet will be silver polished aluminum.
  • The knobs will have white inlaid indicator marks (like all the new models).
  • The addition of a 4.4 Pentaconn balanced headphone connector (Along with the 4 pin XLR balanced and 6.3 unbalanced connectors).
  • A second RCA unbalanced input (Now with 2 x RCA unbalanced inputs and 1 x XLR balanced input).
  • A relay volume as standard with REED relays 128 steps (no more mechanical clicking when adjusting the volume).
  • Additional gain setting of +/- 18db (now with three gain settings +/- 6, 12, & 18 db).
  • The input voltage can be set to 115v or 230v via an internal switch (just remove the top cover to access).
  • The new style small aluminum remote control included.

Delivery is scheduled for the end of December (We found out adding the requested features is going to cause some delays, this may push the delivery date to January).

These are only available at Power Holdings Inc. We are shipping this model world wide and accepting pre-orders.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back