Violectric HPA V281 - Vorsprung durch Balanced (September 2023 Update: Limited Reissue Edition up for preorder!)
Sep 11, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #5,643 of 6,030
Sep 11, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #5,644 of 6,030
I was messaging with Arthur earlier. It looks like the re-issue was a good idea. He has sold some and he said he’s even had people inquire about trading in their old V281 for a new one. Obviously he can’t do that.

I guess it is different enough from the original in that has a better relay volume, updated case, lighted volume control, small remote, and a 4.4 pentaconn headphone output.

I guess I’ll own two V281’s. One old and one new. :)

Sep 11, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #5,645 of 6,030
I was messaging with Arthur earlier. It looks like the re-issue was a good idea. He has sold some and he said he’s even had people inquire about trading in their old V281 for a new one. Obviously he can’t do that.

I guess it is different enough from the original in that has a better relay volume, updated case, lighted volume control, small remote, and a 4.4 pentaconn headphone output.

I guess I’ll own two V281’s. One old and one new. :)
Lucky you! :thumbsup:

Sep 11, 2023 at 3:03 PM Post #5,646 of 6,030
That kind of luck costs real money (I should know--I'll have one old & one new V281, too).

The thing is, I never want to be without a V281. This is how I future-proof the V281.

(and if any of that makes sense, you probably need therapy as much as I do!)

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2023 at 3:07 PM Post #5,647 of 6,030
That kind of luck costs real money (I should know--I'll have one old & one V281, too).

The thing is, I never want to be without a V281. This is how I future-proof the V281.

Having backups of your favorite tubes is smart and reasonable. Having backups of your favorite solid state amps is some serious dedication!

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #5,648 of 6,030
I'm getting on-board with this reissue and will put in an order. I saw the discussions in the other threads and then Arthur sent an email to me this morning since I'm a previous customer. Can't resist a rare piece of gear with a good reputation.

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:17 PM Post #5,649 of 6,030
That kind of luck costs real money (I should know--I'll have one old & one V281, too).

It's nice to find that one component serves you so well that you buy another of the same. 👍

Sep 11, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #5,650 of 6,030
Hmm…the harder I work, the luckier I get —> the luckier I get, the ‘broker’ I get —> the ‘broker’ I get, the harder I work … 🤪.

Sep 11, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #5,651 of 6,030
The picture on our site is of the original model. The reissue will look identical except for two changes. One of the 6.3 unbalanced connectors will be replaced with a 4.4 balanced pentaconn connector. Then the DIG button will either be removed or changed to control a third set of inputs since there will be no internal DAC option. We haven't decided yet. Maybe we can get some suggestions from everyone? What would you like to see?

Are there be anything internal changes that make a noticeable SQ difference to the previously released V281 (once listening volume is set)? or will both sound the same, with exception of some added input/output options per above?

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #5,653 of 6,030
Yes, worldwide usage possible. Just don't forget the switch.

Sep 12, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #5,654 of 6,030
Yes, worldwide usage possible. Just don't forget the switch.
I burned a perfectly good Edirol UA-5 (now unobtanium) by using a wallwart that didn't auto switch :frowning2:

Sep 13, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #5,655 of 6,030
I've decided to refrain from starting a new thread - since @Fegefeuer is doing a superb job in keeping the opening post updated, it seems best to keep everything confined to this thread.

I've heard from multiple people who are contemplating picking one of these up. Some were looking for an upgrade anyway, and others already have upper-tier amplification but are still having a tough time resisting the siren call of the V281.

In either case I think the reissue will be a safe bet for crowd-pleasing sonics and exceptional versatility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back