Vintage Pioneer thread
Jun 14, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #121 of 272
Here's some SE-505's to add to the pile!

You can tell what beasts they are sitting next to my Shures.

Got them for $10 a few years ago. Never listen to them, I just hang on to them because they look like Darth Vader's personal headphones really.
smile.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #123 of 272
Oh man...I want a pair o' those Vader Cans...The force is strong with this one :p

Jun 25, 2011 at 7:39 PM Post #124 of 272
Dang, $10 is a straight up steal for those, especially in that condition. I didn't even know they had a fancy box like that! I'll take them for $15.
biggrin.gif

How do they sound?

Jun 30, 2011 at 5:50 PM Post #125 of 272
Quote:
Dang, $10 is a straight up steal for those, especially in that condition. I didn't even know they had a fancy box like that! I'll take them for $15.
biggrin.gif

How do they sound?

Well they're seventies cans, so basically lots of midrange and rolled off on both ends.

Not bad at all for their age though, must have been pretty sweet back in the day!

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #126 of 272
How detailed/accurate are they? I'm jealous.

*oops wrong thread and didn't look at the above posts I was thinking of the L401*

Jun 30, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #128 of 272

Quote:
Try the Monitor 10 very detailed and accurate as the old Yamaha NS10.
happy_face1.gif

Working on it.
biggrin.gif
But I feel that they'd be a waste because I already have a DT48.

Dec 24, 2011 at 5:31 PM Post #130 of 272
just got a monitor 10 ii in nice condition!

much lighter than the monitor 10, range extends a little farther on both ends

Dec 28, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #131 of 272
Absolutely love their designs. Just got a pair of SE-L401. Really beat up drivers blown, and cups worn to dust. Now almost fully restored just have to finish cushioning the cups and they will be my gem for many more years. 

Jan 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM Post #132 of 272

Quote:
Absolutely love their designs. Just got a pair of SE-L401. Really beat up drivers blown, and cups worn to dust. Now almost fully restored just have to finish cushioning the cups and they will be my gem for many more years. 

how do these things sound, and where might I find replacement pads? I currently have a pair of se-4's that i refurbished and am looking for a new vintage pioneer project (recabled a pair of monitor 10's in the past as well).

Feb 6, 2012 at 11:40 AM Post #133 of 272

Quote:

Just GORGEOUS!!!

Congratulations.

I was lucky enough to acquire a pair of SE-L40 in fantastic condition a few years ago, I'll try looking for some pics I may have taken later.

However, I am posting because I did some poking around looking for replacement parts, and it appears Pioneer has some available. They may have some for other vintage models also, though I just looked up parts for my particular model. The link may be useful for you other Vintage Pioneer fans though, and I thought I should share my find with you all.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model.asp?modelNum=SE-L40

Enjoy folks!

EDIT:

I just found the info for the SE-L401. Hope it helps. BTW, I think you can request parts that are not in stock and get notified when and if they become available... At least that's how it seems to me after giving the parts site a look over.

Here's the SE-L401 link. If it doesn't work, most likely you'll just have to sign up for a retail (i.e. non-dealer) account for access. I had to log in to access the part list, FYI.

http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/model.asp?modelNum=SE-L401

Feb 6, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #135 of 272

Quote:
Very cool man... I thing they are 25 ohm  and more easy to drive compare to the original 10, can you confirm this?

I can- these are surprisingly easy to drive- can play decently from a portable player, but likes an amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back