Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Jul 16, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #376 of 1,087
Yr welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 16, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #377 of 1,087
So about 66" with the extention I can live with that as the ADDIEM's I was using were 44" and are on the short side for me...

Has anybody listened to the FX-500 and the MonsterBeats Tours to compare?? ....longshot I know but any info would be great

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:59 AM Post #378 of 1,087
I received my FX 500's today. I ordered on 7-10, shipped 7-13 and received today the 16th. I gave a quick listen and liked the overall presentation as described. I have them burning in now. I will be using 4th gen IMOD>ALO Cryo>Original Hornet. I will post my thoughts on these next week. Thanks to everyone for their reviews and remarks.

Joe

Jul 18, 2009 at 10:11 PM Post #379 of 1,087
Just picked my FX500's from the post office today and have spent a couple hours listening to them.

Out of the box the bass definitely is the best I have heard from any IEM I have owned (NE-7M, Klipsch Custom 2's and 3's). The mids seem a bit recessed, especially compared to the Custom 3's. The high's come off to my ears a bit harsh at times but it may be because I listen to my music at somewhat high volume levels.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the FX500's for the price. Looking forward to seeing how much these improve after burn-in.

Jul 20, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #380 of 1,087
Does the cable wrap around the neck or is it a y type? Also, i really like the buds on the sony phones (cause they fit me real well) that came with the X1050 but can they be used on the FX?

Jul 20, 2009 at 4:56 AM Post #381 of 1,087
it is a Y style cable... as to the NC20 tips, yes, they are the same size, but to me they slightly color the sound compared to stock (you will see that they are shaped slightly differently) so, YMMV...

hope you like them
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 5:14 AM Post #383 of 1,087
i have also heard the x10 quite a bit and i find it to be an extraordinary BA phone. however, while it is bass heavy and smooth, it lacks a gritty edge in mids and bass that the FX500 has; an edge that gives them superior sound in natural instruments and great vocals.

They are both great phones, but i would place the FX500 ahead if you are into natural instruments.

Jul 20, 2009 at 5:54 AM Post #384 of 1,087
Shigzeo answered probably better than I could have there
smily_headphones1.gif

The only thing I will add is that for me I have to EQ the X10 quite heavily to attempt to get the same treble extension as is possible from the fx500... YMMV of course, and before the fx500 I didn't even know I liked a clean top end... but, just an 'imo'
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:33 PM Post #385 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by SleazyC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just picked my FX500's from the post office today and have spent a couple hours listening to them.

Out of the box the bass definitely is the best I have heard from any IEM I have owned (NE-7M, Klipsch Custom 2's and 3's). The mids seem a bit recessed, especially compared to the Custom 3's. The high's come off to my ears a bit harsh at times but it may be because I listen to my music at somewhat high volume levels.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the FX500's for the price. Looking forward to seeing how much these improve after burn-in.

Mids are much less recessed, the soundstage opens up and the bass gets far less boomy with burn-in. Highs are less harsh also. These do benefit from burn-in and do experiment with tips.

Jul 20, 2009 at 1:15 PM Post #386 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mids are much less recessed, the soundstage opens up and the bass gets far less boomy with burn-in. Highs are less harsh also. These do benefit from burn-in and do experiment with tips.

Right now I am using Comply's but I might go back into the thread and pick out a couple of the other tips recommended.

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:27 PM Post #387 of 1,087
Just got these today:

Well I must say, the Bass on these does have some kick, the most i've heard on any top end IEM.

The Sony EX82/EX85 I would say still have the edge when it comes to quantity.

However, the rest of the range is very good. As mentioned, the mid range is slightly held back, but I don't like to much of a up-front mid range anyway.

The highs are slightly too forward at the moment, But i'm sure thats because i've been listening to the stupidly dark and undetailed EX82 for quite some time now.

The build of these things is by far the best i've EVER seen on a headphone, must better than any plastic i've seen before. The only headphone to come close would IMO be anything made out of aluminium, as this also looks awesome
tongue_smile.gif

I've not really found any weakness in this headphone yet, except for the top end of the treble seems to slightly break off, but this is probably due to my VBR MP3's
smile.gif

Very impressed so far. These things really do impress on heavy vocals, and the quality is tremendous.

Don't think i'll every buy another set of headphones. These are rather good for the price I paid!

Everything is very tight sounding and generally a joy to listen to
smile.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 7:56 PM Post #388 of 1,087
Burn them in for a while - they improve. I've had mine since saturday and they've had about fifty hours burn in, as well as some actual listening time. I shant bother with any more burning in because they are now superb, and I really take all these 400 plus burn in claims with a shovel of salt anyway.
I was thinking the mids were still a bit veiled, but the usual advice regarding tips and fit applies here too. I find the ebay dual flange tips, not shoved too far in, but with a seal, bring up the mids a treat, and without losing bass. Oh, and I took the filters out too, which only makes very small gain in brightness.
I'm sitting here listening to Santana right now, and prior to that some chorul music, and I can't believe I only paid ninety quid for these. They really are as pleasurable to my ears as the IE8s were - and as I said elsewhere, that includes the soundstage! And they're way better at low volume.
Beautifully built too, they look gorgeous and ooze quality. A nice little detail - there's a little bump on the straight part of the cable on the left one, so you can use them easily in the dark.
And they got here in two and a half days from japan!!
I love em. Can you tell?

Jul 20, 2009 at 8:45 PM Post #390 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by willw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Burn them in for a while - they improve. I've had mine since saturday and they've had about fifty hours burn in, as well as some actual listening time. I shant bother with any more burning in because they are now superb, and I really take all these 400 plus burn in claims with a shovel of salt anyway.
I was thinking the mids were still a bit veiled, but the usual advice regarding tips and fit applies here too. I find the ebay dual flange tips, not shoved too far in, but with a seal, bring up the mids a treat, and without losing bass. Oh, and I took the filters out too, which only makes very small gain in brightness.
I'm sitting here listening to Santana right now, and prior to that some chorul music, and I can't believe I only paid ninety quid for these. They really are as pleasurable to my ears as the IE8s were - and as I said elsewhere, that includes the soundstage! And they're way better at low volume.
Beautifully built too, they look gorgeous and ooze quality. A nice little detail - there's a little bump on the straight part of the cable on the left one, so you can use them easily in the dark.
And they got here in two and a half days from japan!!
I love em. Can you tell?

Sweet. I always give these fandangled IEMS a bit of time for me to adjust. I see at as adjustment more than the sound actually changing, but all a matter of opinion
biggrin.gif

I noticed the bump earlier when I was trying to get the best seal!
biggrin.gif

They do ooze the most quality i've ever seen from a IEM, much expected when you start talking the money we are paying for them.

Mine 1 week to arrive, 3 Days to dispatch, then 2 working days to deliver.

And to the above poster, the best place to buy them is:

SEYO-shop.com*»*Headphones*»*JVC-Victor*»*JVC-Victor HP-FX500

They must be bombarded with orders of them at the minute
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back