Victor HP-FX500 Review: World's first Wood Canalphones
Jul 14, 2009 at 12:24 PM Post #361 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by kwang411 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well from what he was saying, it seems like FX500 > all the othe BA headphones out there. i'm just saying, FX500 is good, but not THAT god-like

Ahem...

Excuse me... that is not what I was saying at all... As Woody469 said, I posted that I have not heard a better BA setup... Does not mean there isn't one though does it...

Please, when quoting me (or anyone else for that matter) - keep the quote in the context it was originally posted...

Thanks.

Jul 14, 2009 at 4:49 PM Post #363 of 1,087
That is correct Bina, and even the TF10 treble sounds artificial and somewhat flat in comparison to the clarity on offer from the JVCs...

The CK100s intruige me, but, I have been caught out too many times before by BA products, so, for now at least, am quite happy sat where I amm with these dynamics
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #364 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahem...

Excuse me... that is not what I was saying at all... As Woody469 said, I posted that I have not heard a better BA setup... Does not mean there isn't one though does it...

Please, when quoting me (or anyone else for that matter) - keep the quote in the context it was originally posted...

Thanks.

My apologies for misinterpreting you.
I didn't see your quote in the original context.. just happend to see it while looking at this thread..
sorry!

Jul 14, 2009 at 6:10 PM Post #365 of 1,087
Quote:

My apologies for misinterpreting you.
I didn't see your quote in the original context.. just happend to see it while looking at this thread..
sorry!

Hi kwang...

No harm done, just didn't want it to look as if I was making a broader remark than I was...

Then again, you are an evil person putting the CK100s on my radar! lol
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #366 of 1,087
Besides the treble becoming much more open, I think the biggest thing that happened with burn in was how much the soundstage opened up. When I first got them, the stage was noticeably narrower than the IE8's. It was probably my biggest complaint. Now it's equal in width I'd say, and the extra level of spatial resolution offered helps it feel more polished too.

Jul 14, 2009 at 8:17 PM Post #368 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woody469 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL Yup Definitely evil. Kwang411, was wondering of the phones you have listed, which are your favorite and which your least favorite.

In order of preference it would be..
CK100 > IE8 > EX500 > FX500 > C751

I really like CK100's soundstage depth, and the transparency of the sound. IE8 has slightly wider soundstage, but lacks the depth of CK100. CK100 also has best isolation out of all my IEMs. Its bass is not as quantitative as IE8 or FX500, but for most of my music its more than enough.

My least fav is C751 because its soundstage is simply too narrow, and the mids/vocal is too recessed. I can't really listen to it for to long without getting a slight headache...

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:11 AM Post #369 of 1,087
kwang...

You didn't say why you put the EX ahead of the FX... Having the EX700, there is no way on earth that I would put them ahead of the JVCs, so really just after a sonic impression of the EX500...

That will also help pinpoint how your and my views differ...

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 15, 2009 at 2:25 AM Post #370 of 1,087
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
kwang...

You didn't say why you put the EX ahead of the FX... Having the EX700, there is no way on earth that I would put them ahead of the JVCs, so really just after a sonic impression of the EX500...

That will also help pinpoint how your and my views differ...

Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually i should say my preference of EX500 and FX500 are more or less equal. They sound quite different, since is FX500 is more bass prominent and EX500 is more neutral across the frequency. However, i do find the EX500 to a bit more transparent and 'cleaner'. The vocals is also a bit more forward, which i also like (You see why i like CK100 so much now?
ksc75smile.gif
). EX500 does sound thinner compared to FX500, though. WHat i hate most about it is its cable, which feels so fragile and tangles so easily.

Jul 15, 2009 at 8:24 AM Post #371 of 1,087
Quote:

Actually i should say my preference of EX500 and FX500 are more or less equal. They sound quite different, since is FX500 is more bass prominent and EX500 is more neutral across the frequency. However, i do find the EX500 to a bit more transparent and 'cleaner'. The vocals is also a bit more forward, which i also like (You see why i like CK100 so much now?
ksc75smile.gif
). EX500 does sound thinner compared to FX500, though. WHat i hate most about it is its cable, which feels so fragile and tangles so easily.

interesting

agree about the cable on the ex500 btw, most annoying cable ever

Jul 15, 2009 at 1:13 PM Post #372 of 1,087
Ordered last week and my FX500's just arrived in NY. Really excited to try these out after reading so many positive comments/reviews.

Jul 16, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #373 of 1,087
Can some one tell me what the total cable lenght is from the top of the buds to the tip of the plug i'm pretty tall and don't really want to use the 1m extention on these when i'm walking aroung. Thanks in advance

By the way i'm think i'm going with these over the Beats tour....

Jul 16, 2009 at 4:39 AM Post #374 of 1,087
I make it 92.5cm bud to jack tip

Extension: 78.5cm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back