Victor HA-FW10000: 10th Anniversary model
May 6, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #631 of 1,217
the harsh treble toranku mentioning, I guess was from the DLC coating but with insufficient run-in time. As the FW10000 usually not run in enough in the demo, some listening with high powered DAP/amp and in high volume will usually hear unpleasant sound.

The reviews I found in Twitter and Japanese sites were mostly positive, and most of them stated they would like to buy it after the demo. That's how FW10000 always out of stock.

May 6, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #632 of 1,217

I mean the treble wont sound as harsh or sibilant as that while burning in.

May 6, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #634 of 1,217
?

How long does it take for treble to stabilize or does it get worse?

this should depend on the volume you listen, and the equipment you use to run in. Normally I turn down the volume if I hear any harshness from the treble, so maybe in my case the run in may take a little longer.

I think around 300 hours should be okay for normal listening volume.

May 6, 2019 at 4:28 AM Post #635 of 1,217
Toranku also mentioned he auditioned in noisy environment.

Low end usually the first one to be drown out in these situation and in process of trying to retrieve those bass, you crank up the volume.

May 6, 2019 at 4:34 AM Post #636 of 1,217
Check out this impression:

Revisited: JVC/Victor FW10000

I popped by the store that has the Rai Penta and thought "hey, might as well". I've tried 4 different FW10Ks and all of them have a consistent signature.

The FW10K has a harsh and aggressive uppermidrange with potentially harsh lower treble as well. Lower mids are thin. Scratch that, the overall tone is thin and shrill. Bass levels are lesser than EX800ST with even less of a bodied punch, opting for a tight and fast bass response. Treble is pretty well extended with great texture, shimmer and perhaps a bit too much shine. Soundstage is wide but the notes don't hold much real weight. Due to it's tuning the attack is pretty darn sharp but it listens like a one-trick. Predictable, oddly tuned signature with emphasis on the upper harmonics whilst retaining a little bit of warmth in the mix. Sounds like ass on most of my music because it lacks the weight and body. Plucked strings have a great feeling of precision and tact and that is the only thing it has going for it. Thought some country music would be nice. Until the vocals came into the mix. No thank you.

The FW10K is perhaps the only 1DD out there with decent treble extension. Let down by a signature only few can appreciate. Honestly, sounds like a good iem for those with hearing damage.

May 6, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #637 of 1,217
Wow! And you like the FW10K best? You're listening to many of the genres I like.

What is the deal with seal and venting?
In Asia one can demo everything.

May 6, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #638 of 1,217
Check out this impression:

read that some time ago, I always doubt how much you can get from a demo, as there's always limitation. The best way to know a earphone/headphone/dap/amp/cable is to buy it and then go through the burn in process and pairing yourself.

May 6, 2019 at 5:04 AM Post #642 of 1,217
I agreed with what the guy said about the treble before burn in and, “hey, let’s try low gain instead of high gain with a mini amp to pair with it!” Then I found a whole new scenario with the fw10k.
When I first bought it during Jan or Feb this year for which I couldn’t recall precisely, I did consider selling after the first week with them, because of the treble harshness. I turned to this forum quite earlier on to express the concern of treble harshness and gave my 2 cents on cable rerolling, until David and jmills8 talked about tips rerolling. After that I did gave them another try with burn in after the 100 hr mark, with different settings for listening, they become the only pair of iem that I go to unless I want some extreme bass banging my head or rainy days, I’ll turn to my other iems. Now I try to keep them running non stop until I can hit the 1000hr run in mark.

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 5:10 AM Post #643 of 1,217
10k surely do not lack the body and weight. I also found that the quality of the recording changes how it presents the track as well.
Again 10k is power hungry, but not as extreme like the 1r does.

Sry this suppose to be a reply post to Rutter’s post about lack of body and being thin

Last edited:
May 6, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #644 of 1,217
10k surely do not lack the body and weight. I also found that the quality of the recording changes how it presents the track as well.
Again 10k is power hungry, but not as extreme like the 1r does.

Sry this suppose to be a reply post to Rutter’s post about lack of body and being thin

Heh, saw your signature. Maybe you can do a comparison between both :)

May 6, 2019 at 5:30 AM Post #645 of 1,217
Heh, saw your signature. Maybe you can do a comparison between both :)
I would love to but seriously I am not a good reviewer with lots of technical vocabulary and my essay writing skill is far from satisfactory lol
I did post some comments on both earlier in this thread and in the Sony IER-Z1R flagship thread, seriously nothing close to even an immature review, just sharing my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back