very important please read and responde !!!
Jan 31, 2002 at 7:46 PM Post #16 of 39
well for 500$ i can make very nice looking box ...

- of course there will be one or two unit that can be tested by right people or mybe even send from one to other but u guys have to tell me who to trust... and who do u respect...

for 500$ i can also make good parts... yes and tubes will be replacable... very easy...

- preamp is really an easy option... so u can count it in..

- desing i have in mind is like cca 0.5 cm or more depth of the fron cover made out of anodized brushed aluminium something like stax boxes.. what do u think about this...

- dont worry for 500$ this will be serius competitor, without hum and noise totaly and matched so u can run all your favorite headphones...

ok hope that help out so you help me more out....

- and about support it will be 100$ support for buyers ( parts and service)...

Jan 31, 2002 at 8:50 PM Post #18 of 39
My requirement for a $500 amp will be.

1. Great sound, should be better then anything for at least $750 and on par with a $1000 amp.

2. It must drive low and high impendance headphones easily.

3. Good looks (i.e EMP), brush aluminium would be nice (see X-Can) or using real wood, a little removable cage for the tubes for protection would be a nice touch.

4. IEC power cord

5. PSU seperate from main unit, this is to allow people like me in the UK to get a suitable PSU. and reduce interference.

6. Make different PSU for different countries, made on order perhaps, but it's a useful option to have.

7. The ability to drive 2 pair of headphone at once perhaps? or 1 socket for low and 1 socket for high Ohm headphones.

8. Gold plated RCA connection

9. A quality feel, I know if something is worth it when I pick it up. It should have a nice weight to it and no sound should come from the inside when given a little shake. The screws should be flush against the surface of the unit, the volumn knob should turn with a nice resistance but smooth.

10. Spare parts cost?

Jan 31, 2002 at 9:11 PM Post #19 of 39
Quote:

- dont worry for 500$ this will be serius competitor, without hum and noise totaly and matched so u can run all your favorite headphones...

Ok now you REALLY have my attention. $500 for a tube amp that has no noise, hiss, hum or otherwise? I'd pay for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 31, 2002 at 9:26 PM Post #20 of 39
There are a lot of requirements people are putting in here. Mine are relatively simple:

I want the best sounding tube headphone amp I can get my hands on. It should be able to drive a wide variety of headphones.

Anything after that is an extra. If you can produce that for $500, I will buy it. I'll pay extra for premium quality tubes.

The problem is: how do we determine that you have produced such a device before purchase? Are you willing to offer a money-back guarantee if your amp does not meet expectations?

Jan 31, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #21 of 39
- for no nosie, hum etc.... i ment first class no artifacts sound...

as i mentioned im willing to send test item to member who u all trust or to reviwer.... and can be send further ....

is this good enught...

im not making fun here i try to make somethin that we all could enjoy listening to...

this is my search for "perfect" amp also...

thnx

matej

Feb 1, 2002 at 3:23 AM Post #24 of 39
I'm thinking, if you send one to me, we in the DC/MD/VA area can have our get-together, and several people can compare it to the RKV...

Feb 1, 2002 at 4:14 AM Post #25 of 39
Quote:

Originally posted by DustyChalk
I'm thinking, if you send one to me, we in the DC/MD/VA area can have our get-together, and several people can compare it to the RKV...

...and the microZOTL. There might not be all that many of us in the area, but we've got good amps
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2002 at 11:11 PM Post #26 of 39
If it can drive the RS-1 without clipping then you got yourself a winner.
That is a tough task for tubes under $500.
What tube design are we talking about here?

Feb 2, 2002 at 12:51 AM Post #27 of 39
Wouldnt most people want to demo it first before departing with 500 US?

I know I would...since different people have different taste in sound...

Feb 3, 2002 at 5:36 AM Post #28 of 39
Quote:

Wouldnt most people want to demo it first before departing with 500 US?

Ideally a prototype should be built and sent to Head-Fi for review.
If it does what the builder/seller claim then I'm sure it will sell with little problems.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 3, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 39
ok guys...

thanx for all kind responding, i see that it is worthly ...

we are getting into protoytpe production,

please help me out by telling me who to send prototype and if there is option that reviewers could send it then further to each other, but hopely to people you all respect most and take their comments for authorithy...

thanx again and in your listening service..

matej

Users who are viewing this thread

Back