Very disappointed with sennheiser
Sep 22, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #31 of 68
just buy some pxc 450, 580, 555, whichever you prefer and try those

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:36 PM Post #32 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by JaZZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

John53...

...how about washing the new pads?! Maybe they will assume the same shape as the older ones, which on their part may have got their extraordinary shape from washing and drying.

I already did that a few days ago,but didn't help.

Look.The difference in height was obvious even before i wash the old pads.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #33 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gbjerke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just buy some pxc 450, 580, 555, whichever you prefer and try those

The 450 does not have velour pads.The hd 555 have different pads.

The hd 580 had the same,i tried to find some used here in greece but...no luck.
I don't trust to buy from internet.

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:13 AM Post #34 of 68
Quote:

The opposite is true: A closer driver sounds darker, bassier.

Great, then we've found the answer to the Sennheiser "veil": we just find a way to hold the phones out from our ears a further two inches without our hands getting tired.

Sep 23, 2009 at 1:35 AM Post #35 of 68
I can't comment on Sennheiser Germany, since I have had no dealings with them. And I understand the OP is in Greece, so Sennheiser USA is not an option for support.

But to be sure the wrong impression is not left, I want to state from extensive personal experience that Senn USA has top-notch, excellent customer service. On the phone they are amazing. I have gotten detailed technical explanations and other help.

They have tracked repair and parts orders for me.

OK, now top this: one day while driving to Old Lyme to pick up a repaired item I hit a trafiic jam on I95. I called Senn to find out how late they were open. When I explained my situation, the phone rep got on the Internet, used mapquest, guided me around the traffic, accessed I95 web cams to tell me how far south I had to drive to be clear of the problem, and then stayed on the phone until he saw my Toyota go by the cam.

I am not making this up. Now that's customer service. I have never bought anything from Sennheiser, btw. Just used stuff I send them for repair.

Do not for one moment think anything bad about Senn USA. They are great people.

BTW, beyerdynamics USA is also excellent. They have gone the extra mile for me many times.

Pad thickness and "is this pad different?" issues are very tricky. We went round-and-round with Ultrasone reps last year on this -- they claimed "no change" and we proved with measurements and photos that there had been a change. They never admitted it. They forwarded from Germany a note saying "no change". Sounds like the current story, no?

It's all about sourcing and maufacturing lots, etc. Many people at Senn Germany (or Ultrasone) might actually believe there was no change, and answer honestly, when in fact some lots came out differently. This type of "parts QA" is very hard in the real world. We demand low prices so the parts manufacturing gets outsurced, and sometimes one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Not the best, but it happens.

Sorry for the OP's problem. In the U.S, one phone call to Senn parts in Connecticut and the issue would be dealt with. No question about this -- I am giving you first hand exprerience.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:34 AM Post #36 of 68
Quote:

The opposite is true: A closer driver sounds darker, bassier

Yes,but a closer driver sounds also more forward(not laidback),so it gives you the impression of a more livier,involving sound.

Sep 23, 2009 at 8:00 AM Post #37 of 68
Come On Sennheiser Europe, sort it out.
If you want loyal customers try your best.
There might be some "forgotten" old stock somewhere!

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:44 PM Post #39 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can't comment on Sennheiser Germany, since I have had no dealings with them. And I understand the OP is in Greece, so Sennheiser USA is not an option for support.

But to be sure the wrong impression is not left, I want to state from extensive personal experience that Senn USA has top-notch, excellent customer service. On the phone they are amazing. I have gotten detailed technical explanations and other help.

They have tracked repair and parts orders for me.

OK, now top this: one day while driving to Old Lyme to pick up a repaired item I hit a trafiic jam on I95. I called Senn to find out how late they were open. When I explained my situation, the phone rep got on the Internet, used mapquest, guided me around the traffic, accessed I95 web cams to tell me how far south I had to drive to be clear of the problem, and then stayed on the phone until he saw my Toyota go by the cam.

I am not making this up. Now that's customer service. I have never bought anything from Sennheiser, btw. Just used stuff I send them for repair.

Do not for one moment think anything bad about Senn USA. They are great people.

BTW, beyerdynamics USA is also excellent. They have gone the extra mile for me many times.

Pad thickness and "is this pad different?" issues are very tricky. We went round-and-round with Ultrasone reps last year on this -- they claimed "no change" and we proved with measurements and photos that there had been a change. They never admitted it. They forwarded from Germany a note saying "no change". Sounds like the current story, no?

It's all about sourcing and maufacturing lots, etc. Many people at Senn Germany (or Ultrasone) might actually believe there was no change, and answer honestly, when in fact some lots came out differently. This type of "parts QA" is very hard in the real world. We demand low prices so the parts manufacturing gets outsurced, and sometimes one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Not the best, but it happens.

Sorry for the OP's problem. In the U.S, one phone call to Senn parts in Connecticut and the issue would be dealt with. No question about this -- I am giving you first hand exprerience.

It's nice that you had a positive experience with sennheiser usa.

All the people are not the same of course,some want to help you,some other don't.This goes to people that work in companies,too.

The problem is that i'm not in USA,unfortunatelly.

Sep 23, 2009 at 5:13 PM Post #41 of 68
It's not the pads it's a mater of principle!

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:14 AM Post #42 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by chicscantdrive /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't think I've ever seen someone get so upset over earpads before.

We all here roasted the Ultrasone rep pretty good last year over the Pro 750 pads.

The list of things more important in life than the pads on your fave HPs is not empty, but it is short.

OP -- I understand Senn Germany let you down. I just didn't want that to tar Senn USA.

Sep 24, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #43 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not the pads it's a mater of principle!

exactly,it's not only the pads,but it's that they don't give me a straight and fair answer.They hide and they lie.Why?That is not good customer service,it's a shame.

Where is John Willet now?Why he doesn't reply here in this thread?If it was a problem about the hd 800,then it would be different i guess.I don't have a problem with you John,but i find it really unfair when there are other problems with sennheiser products(especially the hd 800),to reply to them,and not in my case.

That's very dissapointing.I know i'm losing my time with all this,that's for sure.

Anyway,thanks all headfiers who understand me and support my opinion.I hope that you will have better luck when you face similar problems with your favourite headphones.
smile_phones.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 5:16 PM Post #44 of 68
I gave up on Sennheiser 10 years ago.
A few months ago I bought some HD650's to try them, but if that's the way they treat their customers, I'll soon say goodbye for good this time!

Sep 24, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #45 of 68
Hello everyone-

We try to assist as best as we can based on the info we are given. I apologize that you had difficulty with the earpads, and that the answer changed. As projects and products change, so do the people working on them, and so information can occassionally be confused as it changes from one entity to another. I hope you can be understanding and forgiving of that and allow us to earn your business in the future. Your feedback is important, and we attempt to use this forum (as often as time allows) to improve upon what we can control. John W and myself are also trying to do join in conversations when possible, but with so many new products coming out it is difficult, so we appreciate your patience.

Can you please measure the thickness of the new and old pads? I will communicate this measured difference and see what we can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back