Very disappointed with sennheiser
Sep 22, 2009 at 9:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 68

john53

1000+ Head-Fier
When i bought replacement earpads for my 7 years old hd 600 many mounths ago,I found that they were thinner/shorter when compared to my already used earpads,so the sound quality was not the same.It was very strange,because these new pads had no use but they were not as thick(height)as the old ones.If the old ones were flatened out and the new were thicker(taller in height),then that would be no surprise.But here happened exactly the opposite.At first i thought that my new pads were defective and i compared them with other 5 new pairs in total here in the local dealer.All these new pairs were the same(thinner/shorter in height,and somewhat smaller i would say,when compared to my old ones)

I know that i've started similar threads in the past about this,but i'll try to explain why i post again.

The local dealer here in Greece sent an email to sennheiser Germany to ask about this,AND THEY TOLD HIM THAT SENNHEISER SLIGHTLY MODIFIED THE EARPADS SOMETIME BACK IN THE PAST,BUT WITH THESE SLIGHT DIFFERENT PADS IN SIZE/THICKNESS,THE SOUND IS BETTER MORE INVOLVING ETC...

4 months ago,i sent an email to JOHN WILLET(John is a head-fier who works for sennheiser)describing my problem.He forwarded it to sennheiser product manager and desighner germany.

The only reply i got until now from John about this problem(28/7/2009),is that sennheiser replied to him that NO CHANGES HAS BEEN MADE TO THE EARPADS AND THEY WILL TRY TO FIND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM.

But no other reply till now.

I think this is ridiculous.THIS IS VERY RIDICULOUS.

At first my local dealer say that sennheiser germany confirmed that the latest earpads are not the same and now sennheiser say that no changes have been made to them!

I THINK THAT IT'S A SHAME THAT SENNHEISER DON'T GIVE ME A FINAL REPLY AND A SOLUTION TO MY PROBLEM.

I'VE MADE SO MANY PHONECALLS TO LOCAL RETAILERS IN GREECE,SEARCHED FOR USED HD MODELS IN GREEK FORUMS,BUT I FOUND NO SOLUTION UNTIL NOW.

I'M A VERY DISAPPOINTED SENNHEISER CUSTOMER BECAUSE SENNHEISER CAN'T FIND A SOLUTION,THEY EVEN CAN'T GIVE ME A REPLY TO THIS EXTREMELLY SIMPLE PROBLEM AFTER FOUR MONTHS JOHN WILLET SENT THEM MY PROBLEM WITH EMAIL.

I SAW IN SOME OTHER THREADS THAT SENNHEISER CAN ACTUALLY REPLY VERY QUICKLY IF THERE IS A PROBLEM REGARDING THE HD 800...SIMPLY BECAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY AND SALES.

THAT'S VERY DISAPPOINTING.

I WANNA THANK JOHN WILLET FOR HIS WILLING TO HELP ME BUT...SORRY I DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING ANYMORE.

SENNHEISER,I WANT AN ANSWER AND I WANT IT KNOW!I WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN FIND THE SAME THICK EARPADS AS THE ONE THAT CAME STOCK WITH MY HD 600.

JOHN WILLET CLAIMS THAT HE HAS SENT SOME EMAILS TO CHASE IT BUT HE SAYS THAT SENNHEISER DON'T ANSWER HIM BECAUSE THEY ARE BUSY ETC...

LOOK JOHN,MAYBE IT'S NOT VERY NICE I WRITE THESE THINGS PUBLICLY,BUT I'M NOT AN IDIOT.SOMETHING WRONG IS GOING WITH THIS PROBLEM AND YOU CAN'T REPLY BECAUSE YOU WORK FOR THEM...

I THINK SENNHEISER REALLY MODIFIED THE EARPADS SOME YEARS BACK BUT THEY ARE AFFRAID TO TELL THE TRUTH BECAUSE THEY WILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH PEOPLE.OR SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENS HERE WHICH I DON'T KNOW.

ANYWAY,I WANT A REPLY FROM SENNHEISER ABOUT MY PROBLEM.THIS IS A SO SIMPLE PROBLEM,THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR SENNHEISER NOT TO GIVE AN EXPLANATION...EVEN AFTER 4 MONTHS THEY RECIEVED THE QUESTION FROM JOHN WILLET.

THIS WHOLE STORY IS REALLY DISAPPOINTING CAUSE SENNHEISER MAKES SOME REALLY GOOD HEADPHONES,AND I REALLY LIKE MY HD 600.

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:23 AM Post #3 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by colgateam /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser has stated many times that they have not changed the pads, maybe those pads you originally had were defective or 3rd party...
You should really stop searching for an item that doesn't exist.

you think that the stock pads were third party or defective?Are you kidding,right?

And where did you see that sennheiser has stated many times that they haven't changed them?
confused_face_2.gif

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #5 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
they changed them i had a old and new set of hd650s the pads were totally diff btw new ones sounded better to me and felt better

Please be more specific.The new had "shorter pads" or taller than the older?

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:28 AM Post #6 of 68
john53, is there a possibility that your pads are not HD600 pads? Have you checked out any new pairs to see if the pads are the same?

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:32 AM Post #7 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by johnwmclean /img/forum/go_quote.gif
john53, is there a possibility that your pads are not HD600 pads? Have you checked out any new pairs to see if the pads are the same?

Yes my new pads were the original from the local dealer.I compared these new pads with other 5 other same new pairs at the store and they were all the same(slightly smaller/thinner/shorter when compared to the old pair which had a little break in,too)

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:43 AM Post #9 of 68
Read the small print, I bet you they have the right to modify or change the product without any consent from the purchaser, this is standard company practice. The fact that your unhappy with the modification is not Sennheisers fault, there is nothing they can do. And they have answered your question in the first paragraph of your post.
Have you tried to post WTB thread in the for sale section?

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:48 AM Post #10 of 68
I know that they can modified them without any notice,but my problem is that

1)the local dealer said that sennheiser confirmed that they modified them

2)John Willet said that he received an initial reply that they haven't changed anything!

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #12 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by momomo6789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the newer ones were softer and shorter just like what you said

It would be very interesting to post some photos here comparing the two.

Sep 22, 2009 at 10:59 AM Post #13 of 68
As long as they keep making the 414 pads for my Grados, I can live with their woeful customer service - in your case, john53, I'd just get a new (used/whatever) pair of headphones. Seriously - life is too short.

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:05 AM Post #14 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As long as they keep making the 414 pads for my Grados, I can live with their woeful customer service - in your case, john53, I'd just get a new (used/whatever) pair of headphones. Seriously - life is too short.

Believe me,if i had money i wouldn't bother with all this.

Sep 22, 2009 at 11:08 AM Post #15 of 68
It's likely Sennheiser responded to criticism of the 600 range being "dark" and dim by modifying the pads without any announcement. After all, bringing the ear closer to the driver is always going to lead to a livelier sound sound with more presence. It's Sennheiser's right, unfortunately; not much you can do about it. I wonder if it's possible to modify them in some way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back