Very disappointed with sennheiser
Oct 3, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #61 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, you are a clever person.
You know what's going on, people now understand and are supporting you. From now on you are wasting your time with them. Just don't buy Sennheiser ever again!

Hi rosgr63,thanks for the support.

I think i'm not gonna buy any sennheiser product again after this.And it's a bit sad because hd 600 are very good headphones,and i'm used to their sound.

I hope i'll find something better in the future though!(more expensive i guess...)

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #62 of 68
Maybe more expensive maybe not!
Try another firm who'll offer better customer support!
AKG Austria is good very good, pity about their local agents!

Oct 3, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #63 of 68
yes,akg is gonna launch a succesor to the k701/k702,(not that k701/702 are bad choices,they are fine)

Do you have personal experience with akg service(you live in greece,that's why i'm asking)

Oct 3, 2009 at 7:23 PM Post #64 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These new pads are not the same,and sennheiser people don't admit it.No problem with that.At least i got an official reply from people who work for sennheiser here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosgr63 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
John, you are a clever person.
You know what's going on, people now understand and are supporting you. From now on you are wasting your time with them. Just don't buy Sennheiser ever again!

I also think its pretty clear to see whats going on within the Sennheiser company. 'Audiophile' listeners demand quality and extra work for them equals more money for them; enter the HD800, what should of been a moderately priced $400 headphone is now over $1000; less people buy it, therefore there are less people to complain and they still make a wad of money to fund there new skullcandy chaser series headphones with 'design you own' also just like skullcandy... this company has lost there foundation and is following in the footsteps of skullcandy but failing.

john53; what you have witnessed first hand is Sennheiser cutting production costs on there existing headphones, using different cheaper materials which they will never own up too, and furthermore lie about it.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #65 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by wavoman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pad thickness and "is this pad different?" issues are very tricky. We went round-and-round with Ultrasone reps last year on this -- they claimed "no change" and we proved with measurements and photos that there had been a change. They never admitted it. They forwarded from Germany a note saying "no change". Sounds like the current story, no?

It's all about sourcing and maufacturing lots, etc. Many people at Senn Germany (or Ultrasone) might actually believe there was no change, and answer honestly, when in fact some lots came out differently. This type of "parts QA" is very hard in the real world. We demand low prices so the parts manufacturing gets outsurced, and sometimes one hand does not know what the other hand is doing. Not the best, but it happens.

My late father was a quality control engineer for Shure Bros for twenty-four years. That would be direct quality control of parts coming off the line and in house assembly quality control. If he saw this he would turn over in his grave. I am not one to lament "the good old days," but come on. This outsourcing binge is short term thinking of the stupidest kind. You can't do the kind of job he did by remote control.

If the problem is downward pricing pressure, the solution is simple. Shut down Walmart and jail the greedy second generation owners (the kids) for flushing the USA and the World down the toilet to make even more billions for themselves. Remember when their Dad insisted everything possible be made in the USA? Thanks to his kids, we have outsource companies outsourcing.

Clark

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #66 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also think its pretty clear to see whats going on within the Sennheiser company. 'Audiophile' listeners demand quality and extra work for them equals more money for them; enter the HD800, what should of been a moderately priced $400 headphone is now over $1000; less people buy it, therefore there are less people to complain and they still make a wad of money to fund there new skullcandy chaser series headphones with 'design you own' also just like skullcandy... this company has lost there foundation and is following in the footsteps of skullcandy but failing.

john53; what you have witnessed first hand is Sennheiser cutting production costs on there existing headphones, using different cheaper materials which they will never own up too, and furthermore lie about it.

Yes it's clear that sennheiser lies,but i expected it.I was not expecting them to say that they did changed them.(although my local dealer said some months ago that he recieved a reply from sennheiser that they changed them,i guess he also lied to me for some reason)

I'm sure that John Willet and Delivery man know that the pads are not the same,but they work for sennheiser and they are not allowed to tell the truth.Anyway i thank them for their help...

I think that Sennheiser managed to cut the production cost and make the headphones sound more forward at the same time,so no one complained about it...

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #67 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think that Sennheiser managed to cut the production cost and make the headphones sound more forward at the same time,so no one complained about it...

Wouldn't shallower pads cause the headphone to loose some soundstage as the speaker is closer to the ear? I found adding foam under my JVC RX700 pads increased the soundstage tenfold.

Oct 3, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #68 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wouldn't shallower pads cause the headphone to loose some soundstage as the speaker is closer to the ear? I found adding foam under my JVC RX700 pads increased the soundstage tenfold.

Yes,the soundstage is less open,but the sound becomes a bit more forward(less laidback).So,some people may prefer this sound.

I don't.I find the sound with these new pads to be less airy and detailed,the soundstage is not so open,the bass becomes a bit muddy and not so well defined,and the mids sound less natural to my ears.The overall feeling is like i hear a headphone with not so good sound quality as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back