Very disappointed with sennheiser
Sep 22, 2009 at 11:15 AM Post #16 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's likely Sennheiser responded to criticism of the 600 range being "dark" and dim by modifying the pads without any announcement. After all, bringing the ear closer to the driver is always going to lead to a livelier sound sound with more presence.

That's exactly what i believe,too.Too many people complained about the laidback(for some,boring)sound,so i guess they found this way to make them sound more forward etc...

If i don't find a solution,i'm moving to another brand.I'm not going to modify them in any way.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:44 PM Post #17 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know that they can modified them without any notice,but my problem is that

1)the local dealer said that sennheiser confirmed that they modified them

Can you be sure your local dealer is getting genuine ear pads and they did not lie about the confirmation from Sennheiser?

Quote:

2)John Willet said that he received an initial reply that they haven't changed anything!

Although Sennheiser didn't change anything, manufacturing variations could be the reason here. I've owned three different pairs of HD650 and two pairs of HD600, they were new when I bought them and earpads were in different thickness and texture.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #18 of 68
Cry some more?

What do you want them to do? Build you one set of pads just for you?

But I do think it's hilarious, so keep posting and your outrage. Especially enjoying that you are planning to boycott Sennheiser over this. ROFL, best laugh this week so far.

Sep 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM Post #19 of 68
Put a want to buy thread up, or try the pcx450 pads which I've heard are compatible, maybe you'll like how those sound.
There's also that thread of people making a list to get a special run of jmoney pads for the 580/600/650s.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM Post #20 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can you be sure your local dealer is getting genuine ear pads and they did not lie about the confirmation from Sennheiser?

Although Sennheiser didn't change anything, manufacturing variations could be the reason here. I've owned three different pairs of HD650 and two pairs of HD600, they were new when I bought them and earpads were in different thickness and texture.

I can't be sure that my local dealer told me the truth.

I don't think it's about manufacturing variations.If you see them in real you will understand what i'm talking about.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:07 PM Post #21 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cry some more?

What do you want them to do? Build you one set of pads just for you?

I know my post was not so polite.

If sennheiser tells me that no solution can be found,then it's ok.
I'll simply move to another brand,so simple.
I didn't say i want them to built a pair for me.
Just to be honest with customers.

Do you find it logical that after so much time i recieved no valuable answer?

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:10 PM Post #22 of 68
Quote:

I can't be sure that my local dealer told me the truth.

I don't think it's about manufacturing variations.If you see them in real you will understand what i'm talking about.

You're probably right, those differences in earpads of my 650/600 were too small to cause any concerns.

Can you please post some pictures of earpads and packaging materials?

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:13 PM Post #23 of 68
Quote:

Do you find it logical that after so much time i recieved no valuable answer?

Yes I do. Because I love their earpads and see no problems with them. I personally think your issue over them are hilarious. So I have been enjoying reading your threads.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:14 PM Post #24 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're probably right, those differences in earpads of my 650/600 were too small to cause any concerns.

Can you please post some pictures of earpads and packaging materials?

Check the link at the bottom of my post.I know the pictures don't do justice,but i didn't want to remove the old pads again from the headphone.I will post some better pictures in the future,when i remove the old pads to wash them.

Sep 22, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #25 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruffle /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes I do. Because I love their earpads and see no problems with them. I personally think your issue over them are hilarious. So I have been enjoying reading your threads.

Look,i see that you think that i want to give sennheiser a bad reputation.This is not the case.

Believe it or not,i think sennheiser hd 600 is a great headphone,and i'm doing all this because i wanted to know what happens.And if i had enough money,i would bought another hd600 only for the pads,and maybe i wouldn't post anything here.I really like my hd 600 and it would be very nice for me to find the same pads.

I really enjoy my hd 600(with my older pads),and i think sennheiser makes some very good headphones.I have no reason to try to make a bad reputation for them.

I'm just angry because they can't give me a simple answer,after so many months.This is not a good behavior to a customer that is satisfied with the sound quality of their product,and is trying to find a way to keep it for many years...

Sep 22, 2009 at 3:58 PM Post #27 of 68
It's a shame you didn't get a straight answer, but that's typical customer service from a big company. Probably the guy who answers the emails doesn't even know the answer and doesn't have the time to search it out. I had similar problems with an audio technica microphone issue. They're so busy they can't be bothered searching for answers to a problem that in their mind is very minor. Maybe the 580's had the older/thicker pads. If so, sell your 600 and pick up a second hand hd580.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #28 of 68
Quote:

But no other reply till now.

I think this is ridiculous.THIS IS VERY RIDICULOUS.

Company ethics and the way they go about handling their clients, i.e. the ones whom purchase their products is and always has been something I will never understand. They all lie, steal, cheat and give you the run around when what they should be doing is provided the same quality customer server as the quality products they're selling.

Is it beyond these companies to employ someone, just one person, to go around the internet and answer questions on the likes of head-fi.org where a huge majority of headphone buyers will stop by before making their educated purchase? I have seen a couple 'Sennheiser reps' stop by from time to time but it's clear they have better things to do. The Sponsor Forums here at head-fi are like ghost town most of the time because no one gives a crap about the consumer, when this should be in fact be number 2 on their list. Number one being making more headphones while number 3 is sleeping.

I hope you find an answer john53

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:25 PM Post #29 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's likely Sennheiser responded to criticism of the 600 range being "dark" and dim by modifying the pads without any announcement. After all, bringing the ear closer to the driver is always going to lead to a livelier sound sound with more presence. It's Sennheiser's right, unfortunately; not much you can do about it. I wonder if it's possible to modify them in some way?

The opposite is true: A closer driver sounds darker, bassier.

John53...

...how about washing the new pads?! Maybe they will assume the same shape as the older ones, which on their part may have got their extraordinary shape from washing and drying.

Sep 22, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Company ethics and the way they go about handling their clients, i.e. the ones whom purchase their products is and always has been something I will never understand. They all lie, steal, cheat and give you the run around when what they should be doing is provided the same quality customer server as the quality products they're selling.

Is it beyond these companies to employ someone, just one person, to go around the internet and answer questions on the likes of head-fi.org where a huge majority of headphone buyers will stop by before making their educated purchase? I have seen a couple 'Sennheiser reps' stop by from time to time but it's clear they have better things to do. The Sponsor Forums here at head-fi are like ghost town most of the time because no one gives a crap about the consumer, when this should be in fact be number 2 on their list. Number one being making more headphones while number 3 is sleeping.

I hope you find an answer john53

Thanks Graphicism,i hope i'll get an answer...

You know,I'm just one person here having this problem.If they were over 100 persons having this problem,it would be different.(see hd 800 spring issues etc,sennheiser gave answers after the complaints)

That is not fair though.I gave over 300 euro to buy a headphone which i hoped to keep it for many years,and now i can't find something so simple.

At least,i just want an answer,to know if i keep hd 600 or sell them and get another headphone.

I don't want to do modifications,diy or anything else.I just want a fair answer.Can they find me a pair of the same pads or not?So simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back