Very disappointed with sennheiser
Sep 25, 2009 at 9:17 AM Post #46 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello everyone-

We try to assist as best as we can based on the info we are given. I apologize that you had difficulty with the earpads, and that the answer changed. As projects and products change, so do the people working on them, and so information can occassionally be confused as it changes from one entity to another. I hope you can be understanding and forgiving of that and allow us to earn your business in the future. Your feedback is important, and we attempt to use this forum (as often as time allows) to improve upon what we can control. John W and myself are also trying to do join in conversations when possible, but with so many new products coming out it is difficult, so we appreciate your patience.

Can you please measure the thickness of the new and old pads? I will communicate this measured difference and see what we can do.

Hi,the old pads are about 27-28 mm when new and the new are 22-23 mm when new.

Edit: I measured again the new pads more carefully and they are about 24mm or somewhere between 24 and 25 mm,when brand new.
The older are at least 4-5mm taller(height),maybe a little bit more.(when in new contition)

Sep 29, 2009 at 12:21 PM Post #47 of 68
I exchanged emails with the product manager and he states "we have checked samples from 1993, 2000 and 2009, all are the same.

So i think the KG office is right in saying there is no change."

If you need additional assistance please contact the office closest to you. I apologize we do not have the cushion size you were looking for.

Sep 29, 2009 at 1:48 PM Post #48 of 68
Nice customer service here from Sennheiser USA.

I wish Sennheiser Belgium was as responsive... they never answered my emails about where to get new PX200 pads.

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:27 PM Post #49 of 68
Most European makers have excellent service in the US, but tend to ignore their European customers!

Sep 29, 2009 at 3:03 PM Post #50 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDeliveryMan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I exchanged emails with the product manager and he states "we have checked samples from 1993, 2000 and 2009, all are the same.

So i think the KG office is right in saying there is no change."

If you need additional assistance please contact the office closest to you. I apologize we do not have the cushion size you were looking for.

Thanks for the help.

The local dealer here has sent an email to sennheiser Germany(as i have stated many times before) and he recieved a reply that they indeed changed the pads but with the new the heaphone sounds better.So i don't think that if i contact them again they will find a way to help me.

That's a bit strange and dissapointing,although there is nothing i can do,i guess.At least i got an official reply.But these pads really were not the same when compared to the older.Maybe something went wrong with these pairs of earpads that came here in greece.

Now i'm gonna keep my headphones until my older pads completely worn out,and then i'm moving to another headphone(maybe not sennheiser again)

Anyway,thanks both you and John Willet for the help,and sorry if some of my posts were insulting.

And an advice to all hd800 owners:If you really like your cans,go get replacement pads,cables etc,because you may face similar problems in the future.I hope you don't
smile.gif

Sep 30, 2009 at 5:55 AM Post #51 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by john53 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now i'm gonna keep my headphones until my older pads completely worn out,and then i'm moving to another headphone(maybe not sennheiser again)

Moving to another headphones? It will sound even more different, won't it? Have you found another one sounds just like hd 600?

Oct 1, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #52 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by david1978jp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Moving to another headphones? It will sound even more different, won't it? Have you found another one sounds just like hd 600?

I know it will be difficult to find something similar to the hd 600(similar sound signature),but at least i want a headphone that i know i can find the same replacement parts(i will check it before i buy something in the future)

I know i'm gonna find something really good out there,maybe something that i'll like better than the hd 600.There are so many headphones out there!

Oct 2, 2009 at 2:19 PM Post #55 of 68
If these dt880 600 ohms have more treble presence than the hd 600,then they are not for me.I don't like the sound to be hot/sibilant.I already find my hd 600 to have enough treble.(it's fine out of my amp though)

Oct 3, 2009 at 2:41 PM Post #57 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a.k.a. detailed

Any phone with exaggerated treble will initially sound more detailed than some other with less treble. I've never heard the 600 ohm Beyer 880, but the Beyer Pro 880 I owned was unlistenable. I sold it within a week and went back with a sigh of relief to my Senn 650.

We still have a wonderful relationship.
biggrin.gif

Oct 3, 2009 at 4:53 PM Post #59 of 68
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was the HD600's new when you purchased them, because if they was purchased used it sounds like the pads maybe a D.I.Y job.

No,the stock pads are not a diy job.I bought the headphones from the local's dealer shop,and they were brand new.

The stock pads don't have an extraordinary thickness,they are normal.The replacement pads where shorter.I've recently checked a pair of hd 600 and a pair of hd 650 at the dealers shop,and the hd 600 had the same pads as my hd 600,but the hd650 had the shorter pads.

These new pads are not the same,and sennheiser people don't admit it.No problem with that.At least i got an official reply from people who work for sennheiser here.

I'm not gonna chase it anymore,i'll keep them until the old pads completely tear out,and then i'm gonna search for another headphone.

Oct 3, 2009 at 5:29 PM Post #60 of 68
John, you are a clever person.
You know what's going on, people now understand and are supporting you. From now on you are wasting your time with them. Just don't buy Sennheiser ever again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back