Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 18, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #1,021 of 1,486
About 8 weeks is what people have been waiting.

It will be worth it though Verum has the best timbre on a planar and arguably the best planar I've ever heard factoring all it's pros to cons.

I favoured it to my old LCD-4. Yeah it's priced at $350 but make no mistake this headphome in s more premium housing would compete in the 2k market.

weird, why dont you have it listed in your signature then?

Nov 18, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #1,022 of 1,486
Nov 18, 2019 at 7:57 PM Post #1,024 of 1,486
how does the verum compare to the utopia?

also the lcd 4, if u can write more details about the comparison
Utopia has more aggression, lighter footprint to the sound, more lively and forceful but also more resolving, slightly. It has more sharpness to the sound giving it better detail perception but the actual detail is good, slightly better than the Verum. Verum has a better timbre, more body, more soul to the sound, lusher, more engaging. Verum has superior bass texture, better extension.

The LCD-4 is also more resolving, not by loads but noticable. Unlike the Utopia it doesnt have much over sharpening to the sound so no false detail to give that perception. LCD-4 sounds a bit drier, leaner but quicker than the Verum. Verum has a more lush, liquid presentation where the LCD-4 is slightly more coarse but has better extension in the treble. The Verum has better timbre, vocals sound more lifelike there's no disconnect like voices tend to be on Audeze phones. Verum brings out those emotional feelings where as the LCD-4 I tend to just appreciate it's resolution and capabilities.

I'd take Verum over both for musicality, liquidity, vocals despite being slightly less resolving. Drivers are not really expensive to make. The LCD-4 and Verum probably are worth about the same in materials where as Utopia would be a bit less being dynamic so cost of the headphone doesn't really always matter when it comes to driver performance surprisingly.

Nov 19, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #1,026 of 1,486
Am I the only one? I ordered and paid for the Verum One over a month ago on October sixth and still have not received them. Around three weeks ago I received an email telling me that the item would be shipped the following week but received no further communication or reply to my emails concerning shipment. I'm somewhat frustrated at this point.

yo, i ordered and payment completed on 5th october, 1 day before you and i just emailed and he replied just shipped out "today" (19 nov). i am still pestering him for the tracking number which he didnt include with his reply.

ours should be manufactured as the same batch isnt it? and yet yours was shipped out at end october while mine was only shipped out on 19 nov. lol, feels good man.

lol, "shipping time: 1-2 weeks as per website". mine took 1.5 months from payment completion date to ship instead of the 0.5 month it should normally be :D

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #1,027 of 1,486
I put my order in yesterday. Apparently, it might take up to 8 weeks for the headphone to ship, so patience, my friends :)

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #1,029 of 1,486
yo, i ordered and payment completed on 5th october, 1 day before you and i just emailed and he replied just shipped out "today" (19 nov). i am still pestering him for the tracking number which he didnt include with his reply.

ours should be manufactured as the same batch isnt it? and yet yours was shipped out at end october while mine was only shipped out on 19 nov. lol, feels good man.

lol, "shipping time: 1-2 weeks as per website". mine took 1.5 months from payment completion date to ship instead of the 0.5 month it should normally be :D
I received a an additional email informing me that the actual shipment was made on November 12th and since then tracking tells me that it's floating around somewhere in Kiev..

Nov 19, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #1,030 of 1,486
I received a an additional email informing me that the actual shipment was made on November 12th and since then tracking tells me that it's floating around somewhere in Kiev..

still, its interesting how we arent sent out as the same batch. im just glad i was procrastinating whether to bug them for a tracking number so at least i know it left their country and just needs to take time to get to me and i was putting off the thought for a few days until i saw a post on another forum of a guy who got his order overlooked for 2 months lol

Nov 19, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #1,031 of 1,486
Would Verum1 be suitable for harder music like death metal?

Death Metal (or pretty much any metal) sounds dope on the Verums. As I'm typing this, I'm listening to "Twilight Of The Thunder God" - "Amon Amarth", and the intensity is hard, but clean and clear, not harsh.

Exactly, most rock and metal sound great on the Verum 1, as I'm writing this Candlemass is playing cristal clear without any EQ, which I prefer never to use.

Nov 19, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #1,032 of 1,486
The Verum sound great with all music which is what a good headphone should do.

With most headphones there's fatal flaws and it's rare to see a headphone do everything so well especially at the price they're going at.

I think Audeze need to pay Garuspik a crap tone of money to fix their headphone line up because the fact a $349 planar is out performing all their products outside the LCD-4 is mad.

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #1,033 of 1,486
Right AFAIK the mk2 is just a headband improvement (and possibly some more felt to be added to improve some resonance).
I'll have to experiment with some felt either on the inside of the stock pads or as a fuzzor mod, because it's kinda bothering me that the "depth" of the stage seems realized through a disconnection, where there's some "empty space" inserted between me and the music (frontally at least; there's no such problem at the sides, for extreme-left and extreme-right sounds). Has to be from the reflections in some way.

Changing pads would move these up in price by much more than adding some felt, so I'm trying to avoid that. (Hmm, unless I give Oluv's idea with the Superlux pads a shot. I have a few of those lying around.)

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #1,034 of 1,486
I'll have to experiment with some felt either on the inside of the stock pads or as a fuzzor mod, because it's kinda bothering me that the "depth" of the stage seems realized through a disconnection, where there's some "empty space" inserted between me and the music (frontally at least; there's no such problem at the sides, for extreme-left and extreme-right sounds). Has to be from the reflections in some way.

Changing pads would move these up in price by much more than adding some felt, so I'm trying to avoid that. (Hmm, unless I give Oluv's idea with the Superlux pads a shot. I have a few of those lying around.)
Are you using the add-on angled pads that Verum sells or the stock pads?

Nov 20, 2019 at 5:26 PM Post #1,035 of 1,486
Utopia has more aggression, lighter footprint to the sound, more lively and forceful but also more resolving, slightly. It has more sharpness to the sound giving it better detail perception but the actual detail is good, slightly better than the Verum. Verum has a better timbre, more body, more soul to the sound, lusher, more engaging. Verum has superior bass texture, better extension.

The LCD-4 is also more resolving, not by loads but noticable. Unlike the Utopia it doesnt have much over sharpening to the sound so no false detail to give that perception. LCD-4 sounds a bit drier, leaner but quicker than the Verum. Verum has a more lush, liquid presentation where the LCD-4 is slightly more coarse but has better extension in the treble. The Verum has better timbre, vocals sound more lifelike there's no disconnect like voices tend to be on Audeze phones. Verum brings out those emotional feelings where as the LCD-4 I tend to just appreciate it's resolution and capabilities.

I'd take Verum over both for musicality, liquidity, vocals despite being slightly less resolving. Drivers are not really expensive to make. The LCD-4 and Verum probably are worth about the same in materials where as Utopia would be a bit less being dynamic so cost of the headphone doesn't really always matter when it comes to driver performance surprisingly.
I'm sorry, you're overstating Verum capabilities. It's not that close. Just providing realistic expectations here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back