Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #1,006 of 1,486
Thanks for the heads up. I just received another response from Verum that this is a tracking number for the shipment. I don't know whether this is a UPS,FedEx.USPS or a Ukrainian shipping company tracking number.I guess I'll try them all.

If you use a universal tracking site it will find the relevant carrier for you. It's pretty handy. I order quite a bit of stuff from China and regardless of the carrier this site can almost always track it. http://parcelsapp.com/en

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:56 PM Post #1,007 of 1,486
Nov 14, 2019 at 11:51 PM Post #1,008 of 1,486
Nov 17, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #1,009 of 1,486
Hey guys,
So I am about to order a pair of these in the coming days. Does it matter which version I choose? I like both the faux Carbon and Zebrano, so was wondering whether there are any sonic differences to be aware of.
Cheers!

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #1,012 of 1,486
Hey guys,
So I am about to order a pair of these in the coming days. Does it matter which version I choose? I like both the faux Carbon and Zebrano, so was wondering whether there are any sonic differences to be aware of.
Cheers!
No sound difference. It’s just your judgment on which color option makes you look cooler.

Nov 17, 2019 at 5:08 PM Post #1,013 of 1,486
No sound difference. It’s just your judgment on which color option makes you look cooler.
Cheers! Both are sexy in their own ways.

Nov 17, 2019 at 11:57 PM Post #1,014 of 1,486
Every cup is made from same material - glass reinforced ABS plastic. Differenc only in paint.
I see, thank you for clarifying! In that case, I'll choose freely. By the way, is the two week wait time still correct?

Nov 18, 2019 at 1:41 AM Post #1,015 of 1,486
I think 2 weeks sounds way too optimistic.

Nov 18, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #1,016 of 1,486
I see, thank you for clarifying! In that case, I'll choose freely. By the way, is the two week wait time still correct?
About 8 weeks is what people have been waiting.

It will be worth it though Verum has the best timbre on a planar and arguably the best planar I've ever heard factoring all it's pros to cons.

I favoured it to my old LCD-4. Yeah it's priced at $350 but make no mistake this headphome in s more premium housing would compete in the 2k market.

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #1,017 of 1,486
About 8 weeks is what people have been waiting.

It will be worth it though Verum has the best timbre on a planar and arguably the best planar I've ever heard factoring all it's pros to cons.

I favoured it to my old LCD-4. Yeah it's priced at $350 but make no mistake this headphome in s more premium housing would compete in the 2k market.
Good to know!

I was wondering whether to wait for the mk2 which should improve the headband and ergonomics a bit, or just go ahead and order the v1.

V2 should also come out eventually, but that'll use a different magnet technology.

I see you have a very nice collection of headphones!

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #1,018 of 1,486
Verum 2 will probably be a while. Verum 1 has been increasing in popularity so he'll have his hands tied up for a while. Garuspik is basically a one man show so these things do take time.

Nov 18, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #1,019 of 1,486
Verum 2 will probably be a while. Verum 1 has been increasing in popularity so he'll have his hands tied up for a while. Garuspik is basically a one man show so these things do take time.
Right AFAIK the mk2 is just a headband improvement (and possibly some more felt to be added to improve some resonance).

I don't mind the esthetics of mk1, and the price looks very good, but the mk2 might come out soon, so I am a little hesitant

Nov 18, 2019 at 12:11 PM Post #1,020 of 1,486
My Verum 1 for me is a real keeper. A lot of phones have been here on visit, but this one never will leave :wink:

Recommended wholeheartly are the perforated sheepskin pads from Verum to order with, my favorites at the moment.
If a bit more oomph in the bass is needed its wonderful easy to change to standard pads... what a glorious idea this magnetic ring is!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back