Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 20, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #961 of 1,486
Couldn't agree more - just keep it down on the pricing :) These scale sooooo well with a great amp - it's amazing. I sold my 2C and a couple of others as a result!

Seeing you have a very interesting collection there...how do you find your listening time between all your headphones?
I've actually sold a lot of the headphones in my signature when I got the Verum. It opened my eyes how overpriced many headphones are in this day and age. I still have the HD650 and I have the LCD-2C still which I'm selling. My LCD-4 I wanted to keep but after hearing the Verum there's something so lush and addictive about their sound that made me not want to listen to the the 4s much despite the 4 having a bit better resolve.

Oct 21, 2019 at 6:42 AM Post #963 of 1,486
These headphones keep amazing me every day. Garuspik could easily charge over 1k for the type of sound you're getting. They beat out my ZMF Aeolus in every area which is significantly more expensive. They're a all around better headphone than the LCD-2F and 2C as well.
Agreed.

Oct 22, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #964 of 1,486
I've actually sold a lot of the headphones in my signature when I got the Verum. It opened my eyes how overpriced many headphones are in this day and age. I still have the HD650 and I have the LCD-2C still which I'm selling. My LCD-4 I wanted to keep but after hearing the Verum there's something so lush and addictive about their sound that made me not want to listen to the the 4s much despite the 4 having a bit better resolve.
Same for me. Sold some other headphones that I never thought I would sell because the Verum 1 headphones are so much more listenable.

Oct 22, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #965 of 1,486
Enjoying with felt on it.
IMG_20191011_023539.jpg

Oct 23, 2019 at 5:57 AM Post #967 of 1,486
why dont they come with felt already installed over the magnets? if theres only upside and no downside to this mod
Garuspik mentioned on another forum that it was too labour intensive - but a future Mk2 Verum1 may have it, together with other improvements. Given his ramp-up problems, the value proposition, in my view a good decission.
It's a very easy mod to do for about anyone.

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:03 AM Post #968 of 1,486
i'm a huge fan of mine. surprised to hear a few comment on how they sold their lcd-2 classics when getting these. can anyone share detailed comparison information? that is a headphone I have been tempted to try yet but maybe don't need to?

Oct 23, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #970 of 1,486
hello, what differences does the felt mod make? ive read so many things i forgot what exactly they do and i cant find where i last read about this mod.

where did u buy the felt, im from sg too. what did u use to attach the felt to the magnet strips?
felt bought from carrollsel,3mm tape from plaza the big diy shop. i bad in describing. i prefer this than stock. nicer details and images

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #971 of 1,486
I google searched "Verum 1 felt mod" and found some discussion of what differences the mod makes if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 9:19 AM Post #972 of 1,486
firefox_rrri3edogB.png
Im plannin to order verums in next months but this Carbon why it has "uncolored" picture is that Carbon+Silver or Carbon+Gold @Garuspik need to change that pic i think since its confusing
Also anyone from EU how was your order taxes?shipping time? it says right now "shipping in 2weeks" but i saw people waiting in this thread for months not complaining im okay to wait abit.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #973 of 1,486

Im plannin to order verums in next months but this Carbon why it has "uncolored" picture is that Carbon+Silver or Carbon+Gold @Garuspik need to change that pic i think since its confusing
Also anyone from EU how was your order taxes?shipping time? it says right now "shipping in 2weeks" but i saw people waiting in this thread for months not complaining im okay to wait abit.
I did not have to pay taxes for the headphones but I did for the pads (I live in Sweden). I think he declares the value of the headphones lower than $350 so taxes should not be too expensive even if you have to pay them. Shipping took about 3-4 weeks.

Oct 24, 2019 at 12:38 PM Post #974 of 1,486
Also anyone from EU how was your order taxes?
There's no EU customs tax if you're buying certain items from an exempted category, including headphones. But you do have to pay VAT, and this one depends on the country (mine was a quite substantial extra 19%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back