Verum Audio - Exciting high performance DIY planar
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #932 of 1,486
I the balanced only part was directed at the power dac v2 in the picture..? Afaik that only has a balanced output.
Yeah, they were talking past eachother. :laughing: fpantalone was asking about the E1DA (which, yes, it's also my understanding that it only has balanced-out) and he got an answer about the Verum (which may or may not "need" to be run balanced, could be there's no audible benefit beyond simply getting a quality 4-wire single-ended cable). Also the Verum itself does not "need" an impedance adapter. Some amps may need it if they can't source enough current to push the Verum loud enough and/or get too hot while doing it (like my HA-2 gets too hot for my taste, so I'm using a 30-ohm thingy to lower the current and also get more volume control range).

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 11:39 PM Post #935 of 1,486
Well, I've ordered mine almost 6 weeks ago and they haven't arrived yet. However I don't know if I was among those from the first batch.
It was hard for me to wait the 10 weeks it took to get mine, but it was well worth the wait.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2019 at 11:46 PM Post #936 of 1,486
I agree that Garuspik is awesome. Immediate email responses and always cordial. While there was no tracking info provided, it was easy to learn the status of my order through the Verum 1 website, regular updates posted by Garuspik on another head-fi website which I will not name, and through emails, so I had a good idea of when my headphones would be delivered.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #937 of 1,486
(I also preferred the Verum 1 to the MrSpeakers Aeon Flow Open, for what it's worth.)
[/QUOTE]

Verum 1 headphones are addictive.

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2019 at 3:21 PM Post #942 of 1,486
I disagree with Steve's comments about the Verum 1 being lean which is a lusher more full bodied headphone than the LCD-2C.

Oct 8, 2019 at 8:56 AM Post #944 of 1,486
Ok ... So I got my Verum back from repair. Job well done !! Included are the promised Fenestrated pads. So, I've tried both sets of pads, back to back. What am I listening for ? I'm not sure I'm detecting any 'noticeable' difference. Help me out please ...
Hey man, I just got my Verum back from repair too with the newly ordered perforated pads attached.

I havn't heard the Verum for awhile but I came to the following conclusions:
Perforated Pads : Vocals are pushed back and is more in line with instruments. Vocals sound more full and vocal timbre is improved. Clarity in the mids is also improved slightly (less hazy).
Stock Pads : A lot more air moved in the subbass, and drums feel more realistic. Vocals are more forward and intimate.

I've been listening to the HD600, HD800S, SR-003 lately and I preferred the Perforated Pads right away. However, when I tried the LCD-2 on and switched to the Verum, I preferred the Stock Pads. Strange. I havn't decided which pads I'm sticking with.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #945 of 1,486
Hey man, I just got my Verum back from repair too with the newly ordered perforated pads attached.

I havn't heard the Verum for awhile but I came to the following conclusions:
Perforated Pads : Vocals are pushed back and is more in line with instruments. Vocals sound more full and vocal timbre is improved. Clarity in the mids is also improved slightly (less hazy).
Stock Pads : A lot more air moved in the subbass, and drums feel more realistic. Vocals are more forward and intimate.

I've been listening to the HD600, HD800S, SR-003 lately and I preferred the Perforated Pads right away. However, when I tried the LCD-2 on and switched to the Verum, I preferred the Stock Pads. Strange. I havn't decided which pads I'm sticking with.
I saw online that some Verum 1 owners are using the ZMF Universe Perforated Lambskin pads and like them very much. If anyone has tried these with the Verum 1, it would be great if you would share your impressions compared to the stock pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back