VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Jan 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #226 of 507
Quote:
I am still surprised at how all the head-fiers went crazy at the iriver  AK100 headphone output impedance of 22.41ohm, but not a sound was made about the Go-dap X output impedance of 47ohms.

Strangely quiet.

Holy Mollie, is that what it has? Goes to show number sometimes don't mean a thing. I listened to the X for almost a month with my sensitive IEMs and thought they sounded good together.

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #227 of 507
Quote:
Holy Mollie, is that what it has? Goes to show number sometimes don't mean a thing. I listened to the X for almost a month with my sensitive IEMs and thought they sounded good together.

Yeah, i thought the Go-Dap X sounded quite good too (only a short demo). 
The ohm stats are from Venturecraft themselves.

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:14 PM Post #228 of 507

I kinda agree. I'm actually doubting the X has a 47ohm output. I'm not saying ExpatInJapan is wrong but actually saying VentureCraft may have misunderstood & therefore given the wrong information. Expat, I'll SMS you more on my thoughts of this privately.

Out of curiosity though has any 3rd party actually measured the output impedance to confirm its 47 ohm?

This is one case where until a 3rd party publishes their findings, I'd say trust your ears.

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #229 of 507
Quote:
I kinda agree. I'm actually doubting the X has a 47ohm output. I'm not saying ExpatInJapan is wrong but actually saying VentureCraft may have misunderstood & therefore given the wrong information. Expat, I'll SMS you more on my thoughts of this privately.

Out of curiosity though has any 3rd party actually measured the output impedance to confirm its 47 ohm?

This is one case where until a 3rd party publishes their findings, I'd say trust your ears.

I did receive the email from Venturecraft.

BUT as you say, perhaps they misunderstood my question as I emailed them in English (Japanese company).

ALSO it would be a pity If they meant to write 4.7ohms instead of 47ohms.
size]

And as I have written before, The go-dapX sounded good to me. (Fostex hp_p1 owner here).

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:38 AM Post #230 of 507
Quote:
I did receive the email from Venturecraft.

BUT as you say, perhaps they misunderstood my question as I emailed them in English (Japanese company).

ALSO it would be a pity If they meant to write 4.7ohms instead of 47ohms.
size]

And as I have written before, The go-dapX sounded good to me. (Fostex hp_p1 owner here).

Nope confirmed it. It is 47ohms, but they can do 10ohms on request.

I`ll have to have another listen, the demo unit sounded fine to me.

*Kudos to Venturecraft for their honesty, communication and transparency as a company. Two thumbs up.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:40 AM Post #231 of 507
Quote:
Nope confirmed it. It is 47ohms, but they can do 10ohms on request.

I`ll have to have another listen, the demo unit sounded fine to me.

*Kudos to Venturecraft for their honesty, communication and transparency as a company. Two thumbs up.

Interesting. I must say I've never heard a 47ohm amp that sounded that good on low impedance IEMs.

I don't know if mine's 47 ohm or not, but you're more than welcome to try mine (OpAmp LME49860 upgraded).

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #233 of 507
Anyone heard a difference beetwen the sound quality with an Apple product and with a computer?

The sound quality of my Go Dap X with a computer aren't really good in comparison of using it with my ipod classic...

I notice something else : I think my Go Dap X using the battery of my Ipod classic like energy supply. The battery was empty at the same time on the both device.

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #234 of 507
Quote:
AnakChan,

How is the sound quality after upgrading to OpAmp LME49860 ? Is it a lot improved from OPA2134 (black) or MUSES8920 (red) ?

I'm going to need to spend more time with it but pre-burn in, I kind of like the LME49860 as it sounds more articulate.

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #235 of 507
Quote:
I am still surprised at how all the head-fiers went crazy at the iriver  AK100 headphone output impedance of 22.41ohm, but not a sound was made about the Go-dap X output impedance of 47ohms.

Strangely quiet.

Well I did moan how I didn't like its sound from my Denons, thought it was just the fact that the VAMP is coloured, but now its 2 fold. I also used it with AKG's which honestly don't give a rats about Output Impedance, so no surprise why I liked the colouration there. 

Wouldn't want it with IEM's....
And I wouldn't say all the head-fiers went nuts, its a big factor to me because of my Denons. Depends on your gear. Grado's are another one that don't give a damn.

Quote:
Interesting. I must say I've never heard a 47ohm amp that sounded that good on low impedance IEMs.

I don't know if mine's 47 ohm or not, but you're more than welcome to try mine (OpAmp LME49860 upgraded).

I never liked that opamp in my STX, hell I remember reading even TI admitted the LME49720 was flawed (the LME49860 just being the cherry pick versions). 

Still wouldn't mind giving the X a hear wit THS4032 chips in, now they are smooth, neutral and can image just as well if not better then the LME's. Without the flawed bass (I'm curious is that an issue in the X aswell? Or just with the STX?).

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #236 of 507
My testing was done with the tg334, so it now makes sense why I found my impressions of a little less bass and more forward upper mid and treble. The tg334 becomes more neutral/flat with added impedance (especially at 100 ohms). The other thing I noticed was the treble was slightly less articulate. I wonder if the higher impedance also contributes to less articulation/ control?

Anyway it still sounded good but not as impressive as the leckerton uha-6s I was comparing it too, which is less than 1ohm but of course is not an iDevice dac. Sounds like if one wants to go with VentureCraft, the socket1 iDevice dac and a different amp is the way to go if you use multi-BA's. I liked the versatility of the socket1 (but the blue only color is a turn off).

Jan 26, 2013 at 10:54 AM Post #237 of 507
Aww....you don't like the blue :)? Add a little red & white cable to the mix.

P.S. I'm actually doing test reviews at the moment. I'm not that rich to own both DD's. One is with Muses01 OpAmp, & the other (hooked up rig) is with OPA627. I had to ask VentureCraft why a DAC needed OpAmps but it seems they act as pre-amp...now I understand.

eruza3a8.jpg

Jan 26, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #239 of 507
Quote:
Are they thinking if making any of those other opamps a choice on the market? If they decide to make a black one, I would consider owning one.

So far, in Japan only the base DD is off the OP-275 OpAmp and it's Y32,800 (approx USD$361.50). The Muses01 is also available in Japan but it's a lot more expensive (apparently each Muses01 OpAmp chip retails around USD$50!?!?). The OP-627 will be available in the US via Amazon. I don't think they plan to have the Muses01/Muses02 overseas.

No plans for black colour but I'll gladly give your feedback to VentureCraft on preferences (esp for the overseas OP-627 version).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back