VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Dec 1, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #181 of 507
Hmmm...it should lock quickly. I don't have trouble with my 4S. One thing I noticed is that after the firmware upgrade, I don't even need to be in the iDevice mode for it to lock, it would even lock in USB DAC mode for the iPhone/iPad. But the other switch is in Amp mode. Make sure you're using a cable with good connection.
P.S. my devices are still on iOS 5.11

Thank you Anakchan

With galaxy note 2 lock directly , only with iPhone iOS 6 I must try 2 or 3 times .
Overall Sq is very good , combination soundzig between Alo class solo and fostex ho p
With iPad and Mac I haven t try yeb

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #182 of 507
Quote:
Thank you Anakchan
With galaxy note 2 lock directly , only with iPhone iOS 6 I must try 2 or 3 times .
Overall Sq is very good , combination soundzig between Alo class solo and fostex ho p

I see...maybe I need to try with iOS6. With my devices I've daren't upgrade yet 'cos my iPhone/iPad are still j@1lbr0k3n :wink:.

Dec 1, 2012 at 2:17 AM Post #183 of 507
Quote:
Hmmm...it should lock quickly. I don't have trouble with my 4S. One thing I noticed is that after the firmware upgrade, I don't even need to be in the iDevice mode for it to lock, it would even lock in USB DAC mode for the iPhone/iPad. But the other switch is in Amp mode. Make sure you're using a cable with good connection.
P.S. my devices are still on iOS 5.11

Quote:
Thank you Anakchan

I tried the GO DAP X bk with my iPhone 5 only once or twice and do not remember it taking longer than iPod to lock.

The Go DAP DD just showed up. I will unbox and use it tomorrow. Maybe AnakChan can tell us if it would be a fair comparison to test against the X?

Dec 1, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #184 of 507
Quote:
I received my Go DAP X today....having mixed feelings about it at the moment. I need to clarify a few things.

I'm using my PC and Galaxy S3. The gain button doesn't seem to make any difference and I can not use the bass boost function. When I tried these with my friends iPhone 4, it seems to function as expected.
Also I assume the auto charging is limited to iDevices only. Please advise.

anyone with the galaxy s3??

Dec 1, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #185 of 507
Here is mine; got it since 4 days

To sum up, let's say, as I'm no expert at all, that it makes the whole thing much better: in terms of amplification and SQ; I'm not such a fan of the "surround" button as I don't like the original sound to be transformed... The mariage with my SH Amperior is pretty good: actually I could ever use the Iphone without the Go Dap X because of the very low impedance of these headphones, but the Dap makes it better after all; The good thing is that I can carry the rig with me in my pocket (would have prefer right angled cable btw...): it's not this heavy and very thin actually;
The surround function can be appropriate for some kind of music I guess as the bass option (why is it so weird/complicated to activate it?) which I dont need with these HP.
I'm not found of the battery indicator: you don't really know for how long your Dap will run yet...
It's ok to syncronize the iDevice too to your computer via the Go Dap.
About the cable I'll run some tests between the toxic one and the looooonnnng Apple original one to see the improvment (or not).
Plus I did not give a try to the USB Dac function either yet.
AFAIK It is a really good product (well built) for the asked price; all I can say for now!!
PS: dont know about the black unit; red one is ok for me: quite clear even If it's never enough for me...

PS2: have to thank VentureCraft for their great service and for having answering all my stupid questions.

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #186 of 507
Quote:
The Go DAP DD just showed up. I will unbox and use it tomorrow. Maybe AnakChan can tell us if it would be a fair comparison to test against the X?

Well if you can find an amp that's Muses 8920 or OPA2134 since that's what the X has. But then it may sound the same since the DD & the X have the same AKM DAC. I think comparing the DD to the CLAS would be more interesting.

Dec 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #187 of 507
Quote:

Well if you can find an amp that's Muses 8920 or OPA2134 since that's what the X has. But then it may sound the same since the DD & the X have the same AKM DAC. I think comparing the DD to the CLAS would be more interesting.

Sorry, what I was asking is would it be a fair comparison just for the non-locking that Rudi is experiencing DD and X?

Dec 1, 2012 at 9:11 PM Post #188 of 507
Rudi, not sure if its apples to apples, I think it is because it is the DAC in the X and DD which locks on to the phone, no?

Anyway, it did its thing 3 different times on the first attempt.....took maybe 2 seconds and the iPhone 5 running 6.0.1 came to life and then played as soon as I could push the play button.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #189 of 507
Rudi, not sure if its apples to apples, I think it is because it is the DAC in the X and DD which locks on to the phone, no?

Anyway, it did its thing 3 different times on the first attempt.....took maybe 2 seconds and the iPhone 5 running 6.0.1 came to life and then played as soon as I could push the play button.

I do not have iPhone 5 , with my iPhone 4 S iOS 6.0.1can not lock directly , I must set the right toggle switch up and down 2 - 4 times until lock properly .
First turn on look already locked , but I Hear very small music with max volume control .
Overall I am very happy with my go dap x sound quality .

Dec 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM Post #190 of 507
Quote:
I do not have iPhone 5 , with my iPhone 4 S iOS 6.0.1can not lock directly , I must set the right toggle switch up and down 2 - 4 times until lock properly .
First turn on look already locked , but I Hear very small music with max volume control .
Overall I am very happy with my go dap x sound quality .

My iphone 4s was doing that from time to time but not very often like once a week. Try unplug USB cable that connect to your Go-Dap (not to your phone). It's working for me. Usually it took me about 3-5 second after I turn on the X to lock.

Dec 8, 2012 at 2:02 AM Post #191 of 507
anyone running the X with a iPhone 4 experiencing any noise issues....? ie pop/clicks....this with several IEMs and different stock Apple LOD>usb cables...

i have this strange problem happening where i'm getting very noticeable noise when switched to "AMP" and much, much less when switched to "AMP>i"...

also, when connected to a iPod nano 3g i get absolutely NO noise....clear and clean as can be...

any ideas....?  

TIA

Dec 8, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #193 of 507
Quote:
Here is mine; got it since 4 days

To sum up, let's say, as I'm no expert at all, that it makes the whole thing much better: in terms of amplification and SQ; I'm not such a fan of the "surround" button as I don't like the original sound to be transformed... The mariage with my SH Amperior is pretty good: actually I could ever use the Iphone without the Go Dap X because of the very low impedance of these headphones, but the Dap makes it better after all; The good thing is that I can carry the rig with me in my pocket (would have prefer right angled cable btw...): it's not this heavy and very thin actually;
The surround function can be appropriate for some kind of music I guess as the bass option (why is it so weird/complicated to activate it?) which I dont need with these HP.
I'm not found of the battery indicator: you don't really know for how long your Dap will run yet...
It's ok to syncronize the iDevice too to your computer via the Go Dap.
About the cable I'll run some tests between the toxic one and the looooonnnng Apple original one to see the improvment (or not).
Plus I did not give a try to the USB Dac function either yet.
AFAIK It is a really good product (well built) for the asked price; all I can say for now!!
PS: dont know about the black unit; red one is ok for me: quite clear even If it's never enough for me...
PS2: have to thank VentureCraft for their great service and for having answering all my stupid questions.

any results from A/B 'upgraded' cable vs apple's....?

Dec 17, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #194 of 507
I've got a black version here in the PNW for audition courtesy Dimitri of MA.....a couple of local Vancouver members are going to give it a listen for a couple of weeks then it'll be ready to move on...

Post here and/or PM if intersted...

Dec 18, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #195 of 507
Checking in here. I have toads' unit and will post impressions soon. About aftermarket usb cables, I've gone through many, and I find minimal to zero difference in sound, and only offers ergonomic and aesthetic improvements.

I don't think I'll draw comparisons with the DX100 and CLAS+SR71B because it's been too long of a time since I've had them in my possession. I'll make quick comparisons between this and the ODAC/O2 though.
Quote:
I've got a black version here in the PNW for audition courtesy Dimitri of MA.....a couple of local Vancouver members are going to give it a listen for a couple of weeks then it'll be ready to move on...
Post here and/or PM if intersted...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back