VentureCraft Go-DAP DAC/Amp /Series: Go-DAP X (13th May 2012) and Go-DAP TT (21st May 2013)
Jul 23, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #46 of 507
Quote:
Sounds like this might be shaped to conform to the size of the iPhone 5... which will be larger

I would really love it if this actually sounds better than the the iPhone headphone out with IEMs. Otherwise, for my purposes, what is the point? There are cheaper battery packs out there.

From the pictures of the Go-Dap X, its form-factorless

Jul 24, 2012 at 6:12 AM Post #47 of 507
Looks like the pricing is out now Y32,800 (USD$420). Interestingly they are using the BurrBrown OPA2134 (for the black X), and the newer Muses 8920 (for the red X). I've not heard the 8920 yet myself.

http://www.venturecraft.jp/gadget_jp/

Availability Sept 10th thereabouts with pre-orders taken from Aug 13th.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:38 AM Post #51 of 507
It should work with the Classic, but any opinion about its performance relative to the CLAS/HP-P1 will have to wait until its release. I don't think they have finalized a MSRP yet either. Last time I checked, it was still being developed and improved.

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:17 AM Post #52 of 507
It should work with the Classic, but any opinion about its performance relative to the CLAS/HP-P1 will have to wait until its release. I don't think they have finalized a MSRP yet either. Last time I checked, it was still being developed and improved.
?

It's in the shops now. I was just playing with one of them no more than 30 mins ago.

Edit: & yes it does work with the Classic. I just had coffee with the VentureCraft Sales Mgr before hitting the shops & he had the Classic hanging off his Go-DAP X.

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #53 of 507
?
It's in the shops now. I was just playing with one of them no more than 30 mins ago.
Edit: & yes it does work with the Classic. I just had coffee with the VentureCraft Sales Mgr before hitting the shops & he had the Classic hanging off his Go-DAP X.

This is really exciting release. Hopefully the street price is more affordable like below $400.

By the way Go DAP X is portable DAC like CLAS or Fostex HP P1?

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:05 PM Post #54 of 507
Quote:
This is really exciting release. Hopefully the street price is more affordable like below $400.
By the way Go DAP X is portable DAC like CLAS or Fostex HP P1?

The Go-DAP X is really more of a category of it's own. It's a DAC/Amp like the Fostex HP-P1 however there are quite a few differences (pros 'n cons, I'll leave it up to you) :-

1. It speaks both iAP (for iDevices including iOS and Classic) & a USB DAC/Amp (for PC's, and Android Jelly Bean's being tested at the moment)
  2. It's a DAC/Amp combo and cannot be separated - whereas the HP-P1 can be DAC-only or Amp-only
  3. It has this surround sound button (whether this is audiophile-accepted or scorned, is yet again left up to each individual)
  4. It actively charges iDevices, as opposed to the HP-P1 which seems to trickle charge as a side-effect rather than an advertised feature

The local street price here with Muses 8920 OpAmp or TI BurrBrown's OPA2134 for approx USD$413. As with the Go-DAP 4.0 the X can also be customised with different OpAmp offerings.

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #55 of 507
I still think they should make phone covers that encapsulate the Go-Dap X and certain target devices eg iPhone 4. SGS3, 1X, SG Note, thus targeting some of the major devices, and providing a fit almost as good as the Go-Dap 4 and the iPhone 4

Aug 21, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #56 of 507
See the Torx screws, I reckon they could be very useful :wink:. Yes suggestions have been made before especially when the X was first announced. Sure the USB cable may still be dangling but at least integrated.

Aug 21, 2012 at 2:10 PM Post #57 of 507
Quote:
See the Torx screws, I reckon they could be very useful
wink.gif
. Yes suggestions have been made before especially when the X was first announced. Sure the USB cable may still be dangling but at least integrated.

I was probably the one that made the suggestion before :p I'm just pushing it now. 

I get the torx screws hint. :)

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #58 of 507
Quote:

The Go-DAP X is really more of a category of it's own. It's a DAC/Amp like the Fostex HP-P1 however there are quite a few differences (pros 'n cons, I'll leave it up to you) :-

1. It speaks both iAP (for iDevices including iOS and Classic) & a USB DAC/Amp (for PC's, and Android Jelly Bean's being tested at the moment)

There are two kinds of USB audio for Android : standard USB audio and Android-specific USB audio.

As the Go-Dap X is compatible with PC, it could work with a stock Samsung Galaxy S III, which should operate as a USB host (i.e. USB Micro-A plug inserted in the S III):

Samsung Galaxy S III >> USB OTG cable >> Go-Dap X

Aug 21, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #59 of 507
Quote: Originally Posted by AnakChan The Go-DAP X is really more of a category of it's own. It's a DAC/Amp like the Fostex HP-P1 however there are quite a few differences (pros 'n cons, I'll leave it up to you) :- It speaks both iAP (for iDevices including iOS and Classic) & a USB DAC/Amp (for PC's, and Android Jelly Bean's being tested at the moment) There are two kinds of USB audio for Android : standard USB audio and Android-specific USB audio. As the Go-Dap X is compatible with PC, it could work with a stock Samsung Galaxy S III, which should operate as a USB host (i.e. USB Micro-A plug inserted in the S III): Samsung Galaxy S III >> USB OTG cable >> Go-Dap X

Thx for the info! Especially the cable. I'll pass this to VentureCraft.

One thing though, the table is not entirely accurate about the iPad & CCK/USB support due to the 20mA limitation since iOS 4.2x onwards. And officially unsupported by Apple - (i.e. more a "side effect" that some work & some don't).

Edit: removed my question about Android Audio USB cos I didn't read your post carefully - on my iPhone at the moment. Sorry :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back