Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Aug 20, 2015 at 12:17 AM Post #196 of 662
Naw, man. Lee packed it in an old shoe box with crumpled up newspaper inside so the Canadian Post monkeys will ignore it
wink.gif

Please say that is so...

Aug 20, 2015 at 12:54 AM Post #198 of 662
Happy birthday, Lee.

Aug 20, 2015 at 6:16 AM Post #199 of 662
Aug 20, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #200 of 662
Runabout photos as promised lads ......

Aug 20, 2015 at 10:09 AM Post #201 of 662

I’ve been listening this combination for over 20 days, about 5 hours a day, they really bring me a great enjoyment!  In my 15 years’ experience of pursuing hi-fi headphone, only two headphones let me say “WOW!” One is PS1000, the other is Duke.  Duke is definitely the best in-ear I’ve ever heard, not the one of.  I personally absolutely can’t accept the sound of IE800, even I only listen western classical music, when last week I compared Duke to AKG K3003(I don’t have it, it’s my friends’), we both thought Duke is better. When compare to Duke, the sound of K3K appears “thin”, the difference is especially big when play the “big scene type” music such as Beethoven Symphony No.3 or Mahler Symphony No.6, and in fact , Duke is the only(for now) in-ear which I personally think can perform Mahler Symphony No.6 acceptable.
And, the duke needs burn-in time to reach a great status, the sound of the first 100 hours appears a little cramped

Finally, forgive my poor english......... 

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #205 of 662
Yes - X3ii

Aug 20, 2015 at 1:59 PM Post #206 of 662
Yes - X3ii

Just out of curiosity, when stacking your gear, do you use those circular adhesive pads to reduce contact or anything of that sort? The ones that came with the E17 were a boon and I am trying to see if its possible to get more of it. Even for sticking it under the RA, for use on wooden desks and such to avoid direct contact with sensitive surfaces.

Edit: NM I noticed the case on the X3

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #207 of 662
Just out of curiosity, when stacking your gear, do you use those circular adhesive pads to reduce contact or anything of that sort? The ones that came with the E17 were a boon and I am trying to see if its possible to get more of it. Even for sticking it under the RA, for use on wooden desks and such to avoid direct contact with sensitive surfaces.

I use carbon film sometimes on stuff I stack. Keeps it from getting scratches and comes off real easy when you don't want it anymore.

Carbon film and velcro ftw :wink:

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #208 of 662

Yep - left the case on the X3ii. But I also have silicone pads from my E17K and they are brilliant. I'm sure if you contacted Fiio they may know where to get some.

Aug 20, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #209 of 662
Yep - left the case on the X3ii. But I also have silicone pads from my E17K and they are brilliant. I'm sure if you contacted Fiio they may know where to get some.

Yup, was just about to PM James and bug him :p  

Any impressions yet? How do you like the gear so far? I understand if its too early no worries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back