1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. hakushondaimao

Please say that is so...

2. nmatheis Contributor
  3. hakushondaimao
    Happy birthday, Lee.

SpockRock.jpg

4. zhibli06
    golov17 likes this.
  5. Brooko Contributor
    Runabout photos as promised lads ......

ver-ab01.jpg   ver-ab02.jpg

ver-ab03.jpg   ver-ab04.jpg

ver-ab05.jpg   ver-ab06.jpg

ver-ab07.jpg   ver-ab08.jpg

peter123 and golov17 like this.
  6. davidgao007
    20150820212339.jpg
    I’ve been listening this combination for over 20 days, about 5 hours a day, they really bring me a great enjoyment!  In my 15 years’ experience of pursuing hi-fi headphone, only two headphones let me say “WOW!” One is PS1000, the other is Duke.  Duke is definitely the best in-ear I’ve ever heard, not the one of.  I personally absolutely can’t accept the sound of IE800, even I only listen western classical music, when last week I compared Duke to AKG K3003(I don’t have it, it’s my friends’), we both thought Duke is better. When compare to Duke, the sound of K3K appears “thin”, the difference is especially big when play the “big scene type” music such as Beethoven Symphony No.3 or Mahler Symphony No.6, and in fact , Duke is the only(for now) in-ear which I personally think can perform Mahler Symphony No.6 acceptable.
    And, the duke needs burn-in time to reach a great status, the sound of the first 100 hours appears a little cramped

Finally, forgive my poor english......... 

nick n and golov17 like this.
  7. mochill
    Great impression :confounded:

8. peter123

+1

9. nmatheis Contributor
    Brooko: That's an X3ii, correct?

10. Brooko Contributor
    Yes - X3ii

11. RedJohn456

Just out of curiosity, when stacking your gear, do you use those circular adhesive pads to reduce contact or anything of that sort? The ones that came with the E17 were a boon and I am trying to see if its possible to get more of it. Even for sticking it under the RA, for use on wooden desks and such to avoid direct contact with sensitive surfaces.

Edit: NM I noticed the case on the X3

12. peter123

I use carbon film sometimes on stuff I stack. Keeps it from getting scratches and comes off real easy when you don't want it anymore.

Carbon film and velcro ftw :wink:

13. Brooko Contributor
    Yep - left the case on the X3ii. But I also have silicone pads from my E17K and they are brilliant. I'm sure if you contacted Fiio they may know where to get some.

14. RedJohn456

Yup, was just about to PM James and bug him :p  

Any impressions yet? How do you like the gear so far? I understand if its too early no worries.

15. nmatheis Contributor
    RedJohn456: Fiio sells silicon mats now instead of the little dots. I found the black dots Fiio provided slid around a lot, leaving an adhesive trail.

I much preferred the clear 3M dots that Cayin provides with C5. In the US, you can find those at Home Depot for a reasonable price.

First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last