Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Aug 9, 2015 at 9:56 AM Post #61 of 662
  My mistake was actually writing my opinion on a public forum that I hereto thought was subject to freedom of speech guidelines.
I did not believe my opinion to be offensive or hurtful to anyone, and if so, I apologise for this but my original opinion still stands and I really don't have the time, or desire, to defend myself or my opinions here and at this time. I will, however, have the good grace to withdraw from this particular discussion as my opinion seems to be troublesome to some.  

Don't worry, the cognitive dissonance will hit you soon.

Aug 9, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #62 of 662
smily_headphones1.gif
OK, point blank: Based on initial impressions and the plethora of VERY GOOD sub $100 earphones out there, Anyone honestly at this point feel they are worth 4 Grants (2 Benjamins)?

Or is it too early too tell yet?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:08 AM Post #63 of 662
I kind of want to try these. I mean, I really want to try these. Like, I have a ladyboner for them even though I'm a dude want to try them. Loooove the form-factor and wonder how they fare against my R2As and Rockets.

Aug 9, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #65 of 662
Not passing judgement, just stating my opinion. You, of all people, should recognise the difference being an unbiased reviewer. Or am I just being "policed" by a self appointed censor.
Perhaps you are the one who should educate himself and refrain from posting condescending responses to an opinion posted by another member. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you could at least have the good grace to allow me the luxury of espousing my opinion on a public forum without a response that was, I believe, unkind and uncalled for. 

Not much to think about really, the forum guidelines are clear on this subject and your post violates them.

I, like many others here, also wonder how you can possible have an opinion on something you've never heard or obviously never will hear.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #66 of 662
smily_headphones1.gif
OK. If you have them yet Brooko, care to venture an unbiased first impression?

Don't hold back.
biggrin.gif

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:48 PM Post #67 of 662
Too early yet Twin. Need to finish EX1 review first (almost complete), and then get a couple of days with the Duke before I actually have an impression forming. All I'll say is that it has a pretty big sound for a tiny driver.

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #68 of 662
Too early yet Twin. Need to finish EX1 review first (almost complete), and then get a couple of days with the Duke before I actually have an impression forming. All I'll say is that it has a pretty big sound for a tiny driver.

Looking forward to your EX1 Review. I love how the Titan 1 sounds so I am curious to see how the EX1 differs from it 

Aug 9, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #69 of 662

Looking forward to your EX1 Review. I love how the Titan 1 sounds so I am curious to see how the EX1 differs from it 

me 2 
beerchug.gif

no rush, we will try to have the RA out to you by then. 

Cheers 

Lee

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #71 of 662
I kind of want to try these. I mean, I really want to try these. Like, I have a ladyboner for them even though I'm a dude want to try them. Loooove the form-factor and wonder how they fare against my R2As and Rockets.

I have them and the R2A, and I posted some impressions in the other thread, here it is copied. It was in response to Shotgunshane:

I am not really good at describing but here goes:

Bass quantity texture:
Bass is very controlled and tight with much more texture. It doesn't have as much bass as the R2A and it is much more cohesive with the rest of the sound. The Duke has less quantity than the R2A but better quality bass. Bass lines are very easy to identify but the bass isn't emphasized. Its just that the Duke is so clear and transparent, that all the components are really easy to identify (much more so than the R2A)

Treble Presence/Peaks
- With the Duke I am using foam tips http://penonaudio.com/HAVI-Foam-Eartips; Comply works as well
- Duke was bright at first with some sibilance. Have used quite a bit since getting the Duke and it has mellowed nicely. It is crisp clear and transparent. To the point that I can tell the difference between Dacs (Fiio E17 is noticeably less detailed than the SMSL M2 when using the Duke) 
- Duke is brutally honest, so you need good source gear

Mids
- R2A is noticeably mid recessed in comparison to the Duke. 
- Duke is awesome with wood wind instruments, guitar, vocals etc 
- Duke + Femal vocals = fantastic combination

Others:
- Amazing instrument separation and layering - can hear everything in a song
- Most realistic presentation of natural instruments I have ever heard, you gotta hear drum hits to see what I mean. So natural and effortless
- Vocal master: No matter the track, male or female, it does great with vocal, if the track is vocal, it can isolate it and bring it to the front where as with R2A the vocals sound muffled in comparison and not as easy to hear
-The duke has a more realistic soundstage compared to the R2A

Overall Duke is technically more proficient than the R2A but R2A is more fun and forgiving, whereas the Duke is more clear, transparent and neutral with good balance. With a good dac, you are going to get a dead accurate presentation of the song.

Lemme know if you have any specific questions.

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #73 of 662
No real difference other than the cable Tamal. If you have the Titan already you'd be wasting your time getting the EX1 as well (unless you need a back-up pair). Last 8 days have reminded me just how good the Titan/EX1 is though.

Back to the Duke though. Lee - are you able to publish some basic specs? Impedance, sensitivity, driver type/size, materials used for the housing and cable? Also - is the RRP really around $200?

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #74 of 662

Nice pic. Which tips are those? They look dope

It's the answer to all of life's problems, which of course is Sony hybrids 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the day we find out they cure cancer, and Sony starts selling them in bulk packages in one size.

Aug 9, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #75 of 662
No real difference other than the cable Tamal. If you have the Titan already you'd be wasting your time getting the EX1 as well (unless you need a back-up pair). Last 8 days have reminded me just how good the Titan/EX1 is though.

Back to the Duke though. Lee - are you able to publish some basic specs? Impedance, sensitivity, driver type/size, materials used for the housing and cable? Also - is the RRP really around $200?

Ah, I had hoped there would be some changes since Fiio was saying it would be better. Regardless at a cheaper price, its a damn good deal. I love the Titan 1 and they sound even better amped as well. 

@zhibli06 would you happen to have the specs by any chance?

It's the answer to all of life's problems, which of course is Sony hybrids 
tongue_smile.gif

I'm looking forward to the day we find out they cure cancer, and Sony starts selling them in bulk packages in one size.

Haha good one :p they do then to fix a lot of problems don't they?  Sony should realize how much people want to buy them and sell them en masse 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back