Venture Electronics (VE) Duke - a new high-performance IEM
Aug 9, 2015 at 5:13 AM Post #46 of 662
Quick frequency response chart on the Dukes

This was done with the calibrated SPL meter set-up I have.  Waiting for a USB interface to arrive so I can start doing these automatically with a new tool.

Let's compare shall we?

Looks pretty darn close. Even the slight mismatch in channels is spot on. Look at the variance from 20-60. You can also see the variances and bump in treble frequencies.

High five Paul. High five Nikolaus.

giphy.gif

Great work guys!

Now I'll need to start investigating measuring equipment :wink:

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:36 AM Post #47 of 662

$200 for an unknown earphone from an unknown company!!! What! Pass.
Better value to sound ratio to be found elsewhere from well known players in this arena.
Watch out for the "hype train" or it might just take you along with it.
Just my 2c worth.

Aug 9, 2015 at 5:54 AM Post #48 of 662
Better value to sound ratio to be found elsewhere from well known players in this arena.
Just my 2c worth.

Funny - spoken from someone who has not tried them, has no idea what they sound like, and obviously doesn't know about VE's previous success with the Zen earbud.  Here - educate yourself - http://www.head-fi.org/products/ve-zen.  And this was ClieOS review - 5 star.

One of the first rules on Head-Fi is not to comment or pass judgement on something you haven't heard.

Personally there will be no "hype" from me - just credit where it is due.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:09 AM Post #50 of 662

Care to be a little more specific?

Personally there will be no "hype" from me - just credit where it is due.

"Peakier than the Altone" doesn't sound like hype to me. Actually, it scares the crap out of me.
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:11 AM Post #51 of 662
Not passing judgement, just stating my opinion. You, of all people, should recognise the difference being an unbiased reviewer. Or am I just being "policed" by a self appointed censor.
Perhaps you are the one who should educate himself and refrain from posting condescending responses to an opinion posted by another member. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you could at least have the good grace to allow me the luxury of espousing my opinion on a public forum without a response that was, I believe, unkind and uncalled for. 

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #52 of 662

Just my 2c worth.

You should never talk about any product you have never heard before. If we have judged the companies with their brands there wouldn't be Hifiman, Fidue, Vsonic etc. and we had to stick with big brands like Sennhesier, Westone, Shure etc. which for me cannot compete with todays standarts with their high prices . 
wink.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:14 AM Post #53 of 662
Here's the point Swannie - until you've heard them - you don't have an opinion.  And especially one - and I'll quote you - that states this:

Please tell me where there is better value to sound ratio - be specific - and tell me what the exact differences are ......

Quote:
  Perhaps you are the one who should educate himself and refrain from posting condescending responses to an opinion posted by another member. You don't have to agree with my opinion but you could at least have the good grace to allow me the luxury of espousing my opinion on a public forum without a response that was, I believe, unkind and uncalled for. 

Or you could recognise the mistake you made, essentially breaking one of the forum guide lines, and have the good grace to admit your mistake.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:18 AM Post #54 of 662
  "Peakier than the Altone" doesn't sound like hype to me. Actually, it scares the crap out of me.
wink.gif

LOL - for me to recognise a bit of sibilance - knowing the sort of signature I like - I don't blame you.

Gotta admit though - at first listen they sound pretty good.  Need to spend a lot more time with them before I know for sure though.

Aug 9, 2015 at 6:21 AM Post #55 of 662
My mistake was actually writing my opinion on a public forum that I hereto thought was subject to freedom of speech guidelines.
I did not believe my opinion to be offensive or hurtful to anyone, and if so, I apologise for this but my original opinion still stands and I really don't have the time, or desire, to defend myself or my opinions here and at this time. I will, however, have the good grace to withdraw from this particular discussion as my opinion seems to be troublesome to some.  

Aug 9, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #57 of 662

Hey man, what's up?  Glad to see you join the party, too!

Good to be here...LMAO...I put my phone down for a nice quiet evening with the wifey, and I come back in the wee hours to find 4 pages that span, among other things, a declaration that there would be no yanking last night, a small brawl between and Aussie and a Kiwi (as a South African I reserve the right to adjudicate this little scuffle kids, stand back...), a Russian (@golov17, I love you man...you know its a good party when the Russians show up...trust me, I worked with a crew of you crazies when I was in the UK, hold onto your Vodkas ladies)...

My gosh...

Anyone need me to do a beer run and call my buddy across town for *ahem* additional refreshments of a more natural type? Let's make this official. 6 AM on Sunday is when things get REALLY interesting.

smily_headphones1.gif
Anyone have specs. on these yet?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

I have it on good faith that they are 16 ohms if that helps at all. This was given with the caveat that they are not done any justice by a phone and they love an amp....I may or may not also have been told specifically that the RA amp that VE is releasing, on its low gain setting is where they are happiest. The high gain setting is better for the Zen earbud.
wink_face.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:00 AM Post #58 of 662

smily_headphones1.gif
Anyone have specs. on these yet?

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

+1.... @zhibli06 Interesting to see a nice looking IEM from VE. looks like the strain relief is better than FA R2 line-ups.....Ok, so cld the micro-driver's dia be ~4-5mm? or similar to VC01's 3mm? how about Imp,diaphragm material and single neodymium or dual magnets? Aliexpress listing has just the pictures with accessories and I'm unable to find elsewhere like here
frown.gif
.....Appreciate if you cld share the very basic tech specs
smile.gif

Aug 9, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #59 of 662

Good to be here...LMAO...I put my phone down for a nice quiet evening with the wifey, and I come back in the wee hours to find 4 pages that span, among other things, a declaration that there would be no yanking last night, a small brawl between and Aussie and a Kiwi (as a South African I reserve the right to adjudicate this little scuffle kids, stand back...), a Russian (@golov17, I love you man...you know its a good party when the Russians show up...trust me, I worked with a crew of you crazies when I was in the UK, hold onto your Vodkas ladies)...

My gosh...

Anyone need me to do a beer run and call my buddy across town for *ahem* additional refreshments of a more natural type? Let's make this official. 6 AM on Sunday is when things get REALLY interesting.

I have it on good faith that they are 16 ohms if that helps at all. This was given with the caveat that they are not done any justice by a phone and they love an amp....I may or may not also have been told specifically that the RA amp that VE is releasing, on its low gain setting is where they are happiest. The high gain setting is better for the Zen earbud.
wink_face.gif

smily_headphones1.gif
Thanx. That's a good sign. I despise hard to drive earphones. They invariably distort with small drivers and High impedance when you give them power to crank them up. I'm more interested in Freq. Range though.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back