Venture Electronics Bonus IE - Discussions and Impressions Thread
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:57 AM Post #76 of 118
i have both bie and mh755, and i can say that bie is way better, bass has quality and detailed compared to mh755 which is more on midbass, mids are quite the same and bie has more extended treble.. opus1s and bie paired very well..

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:01 AM Post #77 of 118
Just received my pair of BIE few days back, and I have to say I fell in love with the smooth and clean sound they deliver to my ears. I understand the praise, long listening sessions are a bliss. No harshness, I am treble sensitive, listening to ZSN pros for example was hurting me. ZS10 pros are flirting with my treble uncomfort zone sometimes, though I still enjoy them. Compared to these, the BIE are buttery smooth at all volume levels, deep bass, detailed presentation, I am very, very happy I pulled the trigger, my best spent 20$ this month. Still waiting for the blon03 delivery, my expectations are now much higher than before BIE. Got few kids and teens around, sure the BIE will be at the bottom of the tree for some at Christmas.

i have both bie and mh755, and i can say that bie is way better, bass has quality and detailed compared to mh755 which is more on midbass, mids are quite the same and bie has more extended treble.. opus1s and bie paired very well..

Got delivery message this morning and these comments make me feel I will still like BIE, despite graphs and treble "spike".
I have my BL-03 too and will make comparison graphs KPE vs. BIE vs. BL-03 vs. IT01 vs. ZS5v1

Oct 16, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #78 of 118
I spent some days with the BIE. It's my second set for commuting, the first being the Final E1000, which I own since several months now. I use my smartphone with both IEMs, a Xiaomi Redmi Rote 7. A pretty good sounding device based on several smartphones comparisons.

PRICE - 5/5
At USD 33.- shipped to my country, a very strong offering from VE in terms of absolute value.
BUILD - 5/5
This IEM is solidly built. No issue with the cable. No microphonics. The housing of the IEM surely will pass the test of time. Nothing to complain about at this price point. On the contrary, a lot to praise. Well done!

FIT - 4.5/5
Fit is very good. The housing is pretty big, but the BIE stays in my ears, even if I shake my head. Still, I prefer the fit of smaller IEM, like the Final E1000, for which a deeper insertion is made possible.

ACCESSORIES - 5/5
Getting a small case and 4 pair of tips is all we can ask for the price, I guess.

SOUND - 4/5 (performance/price ratio applied)
The BIE has a quite pronounced V-shaped sound signature. Big bass, sometimes slightly boomy, recessed mids and elevated treble, which can be too much depending on the recording. No sibilance or harshness, just too much treble for my taste sometimes. It also lacks mids presence in tracks where vocals are meant to convey the emotion in the music. With Hip-Hop and Electronic, the BIE shines. You will love the deep bass from your favorite EDM, house or techno tracks. A bit more tightness would have been welcomed, but at this price point, no complain. The treble indeed could sound artificial at times. Nothing severe, though. Details retrieval is decent, but don't await wonder in that segment. Soundstage is not very wide, but I am not asking for an out-of-your-head experience with that kind of IEM. Noise isolation seems good, no-one complained so far and I listen at pretty high volumes.

I switched tips. I tried Final E-tips and JVC Spiral Dots. Both altered the sound in an inapporiate way. Final E-tips made the mids even more recessed, slightly muffling the sound and increasing bass quantity. The JVC Spiral Dots are less confortable than stock ones and brightens the sound due to their broader aperture. Stock tips is the way to go for me.

OVERALL - 4.5/5
Funny V-shape sound encapsulated in a solidly built housing. The elevated treble might cause fatigue after prolonged listening session, but no problem when you commute 1-1.5 hours a day like I am. I sometimes miss some of the mids from my other IEMs, but I can live with it without any problem. Bass is great, slightly boomy at times, but very good as it is. Nice IEM indeed.

MATCH: VE BIE VS. FINAL E1000
The Final E1000, similarly priced, is also a solidly built IEM, with similar accessories as the BIE. Fit is slightly better. Soundwise, the Final E1000 has less, but tighter bass. Mids are less recessed, with better presence and more flesh to them. The treble is tamed down a bit. E1000 sounds a bit darker, but more natural nevertheless. The BIE pounds harder and shows more energy in the treble. The E1000 and the BIE complement each other perfectly. No clear winner here, just different tunings. Invest USD 70.- and you get 2 pairs of IEMs with different sound signatures, good non-detachable cables, excellent stock tips and solid housings.

Well done VE, the BIE is a good IEM, aggressively priced and durable due to his solid built.

I recommend it to anyone liking V-shape sound signature.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #79 of 118
I've had the BIE for about a week now. For $20 it is a nice sounding V-shaped set, but there are some drawbacks that will limit their use for me, but those might not be a big deal to some folks.

Pros:
  • That big, beefy bass. If you like a bass-forward signature, they're fun.
  • Pretty nice sound stage, actually has a nice bit of depth to it.
  • Nice timbre overall, sounds pretty natural for any type of rock music I've thrown at it so far.
  • Despite the big V shaped tuning, the treble is not overcooked and there's no "pierce" at all.
  • The case is pretty nice, especially in this price bracket, I like how it it's distinctive looking from all the rest of my IEM cases.
Cons:
  • They aren't particularly strong when it comes to details in the mids/treble, they're perfectly fine in that regard, but don't really excel at it.
  • These have the absolute worst driver flex of any IEMs I own. It's kind of preposterous honestly, even doing minor re-seating of the shell in your ear will cause it to occur.
  • The cable is probably the most microphonic of any IEMs I own, it's up there with the KZ ED9, I honestly might have to dig out my ED9 just to do a cable noise comparison. If you'd only use them while stationary it might not be an issue, but I use my IEMs while walking pretty long distances every day, and they're kind of unusable on the go. Wearing the cable over-ear helps quiet the noise a bit, but since they're designed to be worn cable-down, it just won't stay tucked behind my ears at all. So, you have to regularly re-seat it, which moves the shells a bit, which leads to more driver flex...
  • Minor nit, you need a flashlight or a magnifying glass to be able to tell which one is the left channel vs the right channel. I just put a piece of tape on the right side to make it easy to tell, but I still find it kind of annoying when you need to do stuff like that.
Ultimately I think these are a bit closer in performance and build quality to something like the ED9 than they are to other "budget-but-still-more-expensive" single DD choices like the BL-03 or CNT-1. Both of them have better detail retrieval, better layering, more high end sparkle, better bass control, more premium shell construction, and replaceable cables.

Oct 21, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #80 of 118
I've had the BIE for about a week now. For $20 it is a nice sounding V-shaped set, but there are some drawbacks that will limit their use for me, but those might not be a big deal to some folks.

Pros:
  • That big, beefy bass. If you like a bass-forward signature, they're fun.
  • Pretty nice sound stage, actually has a nice bit of depth to it.
  • Nice timbre overall, sounds pretty natural for any type of rock music I've thrown at it so far.
  • Despite the big V shaped tuning, the treble is not overcooked and there's no "pierce" at all.
  • The case is pretty nice, especially in this price bracket, I like how it it's distinctive looking from all the rest of my IEM cases.
Cons:
  • They aren't particularly strong when it comes to details in the mids/treble, they're perfectly fine in that regard, but don't really excel at it.
  • These have the absolute worst driver flex of any IEMs I own. It's kind of preposterous honestly, even doing minor re-seating of the shell in your ear will cause it to occur.
  • The cable is probably the most microphonic of any IEMs I own, it's up there with the KZ ED9, I honestly might have to dig out my ED9 just to do a cable noise comparison. If you'd only use them while stationary it might not be an issue, but I use my IEMs while walking pretty long distances every day, and they're kind of unusable on the go. Wearing the cable over-ear helps quiet the noise a bit, but since they're designed to be worn cable-down, it just won't stay tucked behind my ears at all. So, you have to regularly re-seat it, which moves the shells a bit, which leads to more driver flex...
  • Minor nit, you need a flashlight or a magnifying glass to be able to tell which one is the left channel vs the right channel. I just put a piece of tape on the right side to make it easy to tell, but I still find it kind of annoying when you need to do stuff like that.
Ultimately I think these are a bit closer in performance and build quality to something like the ED9 than they are to other "budget-but-still-more-expensive" single DD choices like the BL-03 or CNT-1. Both of them have better detail retrieval, better layering, more high end sparkle, better bass control, more premium shell construction, and replaceable cables.
Interesting, we have different experience regarding microphonics of the cable.

I agree on driver flex...it is quite present.

Oct 23, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #81 of 118
Has anyone done a MMCX mod on those? How do you open those puppies? I have a $60 cable collecting dust in my drawer that is gonna open the sound stage, tighten up the lows, extend the treble and poor some honey on the midds....

Nevermind, I’m a cable person and just wanna see pretty things

Oct 24, 2019 at 6:30 AM Post #82 of 118
Has anyone done a MMCX mod on those? How do you open those puppies? I have a $60 cable collecting dust in my drawer that is gonna open the sound stage, tighten up the lows, extend the treble and poor some honey on the midds....

Nevermind, I’m a cable person and just wanna see pretty things

Buy something else that looks pretty with that cable.

I agree on driver flex...it is quite present.

This is only the second IEM with which I have experienced driver flex. I have found for me that tip choice influences the amount. I have had to change from what I showed in an earlier photo.

I am doing pretty well with these which are also taming the bass a bit. Now I am enjoying them. I think these are somewhere between medium and small. I usually use medium but with these I can push them in farther which for some reason seems to even out the sound more.

These are from the tube of tips that comes with the Sony MH1C. They are different from any of my others... kind of shiny.

R0015765.JPG

Oct 28, 2019 at 5:59 AM Post #85 of 118
Short review - mid-bass fest.

Me not likey :frowning2:

No issue with treble "spike" though which I was afrid of.

BL-03 is another level.

Hype train not justified IMHO.

Oct 28, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #86 of 118
Short review - mid-bass fest.

Me not likey :frowning2:

No issue with treble "spike" though which I was afrid of.

BL-03 is another level.

Hype train not justified IMHO.

I didn't think you would. It has taken me about a dozen tip changes to finally be able to enjoy it, but I have many with that form factor that I enjoy as much or more. I do wish I knew how or if I can get more tips like the MH1C ones in my photo.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #87 of 118
I didn't think you would. It has taken me about a dozen tip changes to finally be able to enjoy it, but I have many with that form factor that I enjoy as much or more. I do wish I knew how or if I can get more tips like the MH1C ones in my photo.
I think I have such tips ready in the package to send for you but in other color... and here I have to blush :persevere:and apologise, I failed 2nd time too with sending it to you.
Just that I`ve been really busy with moving with family and changing workplace, building house etc.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #88 of 118
got these the same day i got the blon 03,

Tried them one after the other, VEB first, BL03 2nd, never went back to the VE. just sounds valied and weird compared to the blon 03.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:07 PM Post #89 of 118

Tried them one after the other, VEB first, BL03 2nd, never went back to the VE. just sounds valied and weird compared to the blon 03.

My impression is rather different. Different strikes for different folks I'd guess.

Actually I'd also rate the **** and the DB3 higher than the BL-03 personally.

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #90 of 118

This is why I tried so many tips before I could enjoy them. I do not find them veiled and weird ... but I have burned them in for a few days. Mostly I was just finding too much bass but sometimes it could be my mood. I tend to use music to relax me not to energize me and certainly not to knock me in the head:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back