Venture Electronics Bonus IE - Discussions and Impressions Thread
Sep 24, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #61 of 118
my view is simple... I dig hi end audio (for decades now) I have spent a decent amount of cash chasing my ideal. I understand the game and don't let it play me.

lastly I appreciate that I can come here and get ideas for my hobby. fortunately over time I have found a few cats that hear things closely to the way I do and that makes a spur of the moment purchase acceptable to me.

now I wait for my Bonus IE while listening to Spyro Gyra on a Tera Player through a set of KZ IEMs and smiling...
Happy man!

Sep 24, 2019 at 2:07 PM Post #62 of 118
How is the isolation? Are they ok for commuting? I blindly ordered a pair :)

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2019 at 11:35 AM Post #64 of 118
i rwally love this iem, worth the hype.. this is the best iem i have tried under 30 dollars.. the sound is so addicting never believed that a 20 dollar iem could sound so damn good as this. definitely worth it. others would stay away just because it doesnt have a detachable cable but man, who cares if this sounds so good.

Oct 2, 2019 at 11:47 AM Post #65 of 118
Hi everyone, glad to see the thread alive and kicking! I have updated the first post with my final take on how the BIE sounds and I have also taken the liberty to update the 2nd post with reviews from other users. If you have links to more reviews please let me know and I will be sure to periodically update it.

The BIE is something that I sue on a daily basis and I can't get over how good it sounds. Dynamic Drivers 4 lyfe!

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #66 of 118
I received mine yesterday after a long three week wait. Tried a few tips... Auvios, Whirlwinds, and now these which are similar but seem just a little bit better. Very enjoyable so far.

R0015625.JPG

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #68 of 118
Also just got mine today.
OOTB, I prefer MH755 tonality than BIE. To my ears MH755 sounds more organic. BIE treble is over boosted and that may give a perception of being more "detailed".

Initial impresions:
A/B-ing MH755 (100hrs. burn-in) vs BIE (1hr. burn in)
Tracks: Fragments of Time by Daft Punk, Lite by Loop

BASS:
The only part I like about BIE, but I still prefer MH755 bass. BIE bass is boomy but has no mid bass bleed. MH755 has a very slight mid bass bleed but punches tighter and deeper.

MIDS:
Lower mids is about the same body, BIE might be slightly fuller, but only very slight. High mids is where the MH755 leaves the BIE to dust. Again, to my ears, BIE treble is over boosted, thus I find high mids tonality very unnatural.

TREBLE:
BIE treble is piercing (I have Audiosense T800 and I don't find its treble harsh, but BIE is very harsh to my ears) I prefer MH755 treble. Around the 3:20+ mark of Fragments of Time, the high hats sound too thin in the BIE and too forward in the mix, while in the MH755 instrument presentation is balanced and the sound is very musical.

These are just initial impressions with a BIE without proper burn in time, but I dont remember finding faults in the MH755 tonality OOTB.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2019 at 12:21 PM Post #69 of 118
Worst impressions I`ve read about BIE yet. Faulty unit? Differently/badly tuned batch due to demand? Out of phase? Bad fit/tips? Hmmm...

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #70 of 118
Worst impressions I`ve read about BIE yet. Faulty unit? Differently/badly tuned batch due to demand? Out of phase? Bad fit/tips? Hmmm...

I don't think you're going to like them, despite their excellent technicalities for their price I got fed up quick with the boomy bass presentation and the 5khz peak.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #71 of 118
I don't think you're going to like them, despite their excellent technicalities for their price I got fed up quick with the boomy bass presentation and the 5khz peak.
:frowning2:

Hopefully I will not hear BIE like this. Really got good feeling about it after reading some impressions. MH755 has also quite "nasty" 3-4kHz hill but I still enjoy the sound.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #72 of 118
High mids to treble tonality is way way off. Trebles are smeared, cymbals crash are non existent.
BIE might be okay if you haven't listen with the MH755, but if you know MH755 tonality and coherence, I'd rather just skip BIE.

Oct 11, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #73 of 118
High mids to treble tonality is way way off. Trebles are smeared, cymbals crash are non existent.
BIE might be okay if you haven't listen with the MH755, but if you know MH755 tonality and coherence, I'd rather just skip BIE.

I've got both and prefer the BIE by a huge margin so YMMV as always....

Oct 11, 2019 at 6:21 PM Post #74 of 118
The VE Bonus IE looks like a great contender for the best sub $20 IEM market.
Has anyone compared this to the Sony MH755 and maybe the ****? (All sub 20 bucks).

If the Bonus IE had detachable cables I would be very interested in getting a set, but I had a few cables play me out in the past, so I'm pretty wary of getting a set without detachable cables (unless if it is dirt cheap like the Sony MH755).
Just to throw another opinion out there, for me, the Bonus IE has a rather bloated bass. I think it's a serious fault. But if I tame it with EQ, they sound quite nice. Even comparing to the BIE with EQ, I would still say the MH755 is better for the usual reasons: natural tonality and no glaring faults. But BIE holds its own in that case. FWIW, BLON BL-03 with a decent cable is a playing in another league. The MH755 lacks resolution, dynamics, and soundstage and is coarse in the upper registers by comparison.

Oct 11, 2019 at 7:28 PM Post #75 of 118
Just received my pair of BIE few days back, and I have to say I fell in love with the smooth and clean sound they deliver to my ears. I understand the praise, long listening sessions are a bliss. No harshness, I am treble sensitive, listening to ZSN pros for example was hurting me. ZS10 pros are flirting with my treble uncomfort zone sometimes, though I still enjoy them. Compared to these, the BIE are buttery smooth at all volume levels, deep bass, detailed presentation, I am very, very happy I pulled the trigger, my best spent 20$ this month. Still waiting for the blon03 delivery, my expectations are now much higher than before BIE. Got few kids and teens around, sure the BIE will be at the bottom of the tree for some at Christmas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back