VenturCraft Soundroid Typhoon
Jan 22, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #301 of 343
Amy difference in quality with these options?

Not that I know of.  I have their 7N 30pin cable, the old Lightning, and the Tuono and they all sounded the same.

Jan 22, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #302 of 343
Not that I know of.  I have their 7N 30pin cable, the old Lightning, and the Tuono and they all sounded the same.
There's another thread about Lightning USB cables and this post had a comparison between the V-Moda & VentureCraft.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/687750/lightning-cables-official-and-custom-welcomed/0_20#post_9991061

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #303 of 343
Encountered my first problem today.........
I wish the SDT had a battery indicator bar like the Go Dap GD-03, 
even having 2 bars, you get some warning when only 1 bar is lit up. 

I left the house today, turned on the SDT , and the light switch indicator was green.
40 minutes later, no sound, and the light switch was now red. The SDT was in my pocket, so I didn't see the change from green to red.

When the switch colour changes from green to red, does anyone know how much time you have left before the SDT shuts down?

Jan 28, 2014 at 2:17 AM Post #304 of 343
  Encountered my first problem today.........
I wish the SDT had a battery indicator bar like the Go Dap GD-03, 
even having 2 bars, you get some warning when only 1 bar is lit up. 

I left the house today, turned on the SDT , and the light switch indicator was green.
40 minutes later, no sound, and the light switch was now red. The SDT was in my pocket, so I didn't see the change from green to red.

When the switch colour changes from green to red, does anyone know how much time you have left before the SDT shuts down?

You're talking about the toggle switch changing colour? I didn't think that was indicative of running outta juice. I can ask the VentureCraft folks. Yikes, you're right. Can you test this again please to see if it happens every time or was today only an odd occasion? If it happens every time then you do have an issue that needs to be fixed.

Edit #1: Were you charging your phone at the same time?
Edit #2: When you left today and it was green, was it fully charged? VentureCraft was saying that (let's pick arbitrary numbers) it can be green from 100% -> x% and red from x-1% -> 0%. So maybe you were at the cusp of x% when you saw green?

Jan 28, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #305 of 343
Firstly,  I shouldn't have said problem, what I should have said was my first curiosity.

Yes, the toggle switch changed colour from green to red. 
In the Soundroid user guide, it mentions that a green LED toggle switch indicates full, while the red toggle switch indicates empty.

But green could represent anywhere from 100% battery life to 0 - ?% battery life, depending on how much time you have left when the toggle switch lights up red. ( That's my understanding )

I would have thought once the toggle switch lights up red, you might have had some time left, say 1 hour or something, before the SDT runs out of juice. Basically, it seems that there is no warning, when the SDT is about to run out of juice. 

I have recharged the SDT for around 30 minutes, and have currently stopped recharging, and am draining the battery now. 

Once the toggle switch changes colour to red, I'll let you know how much time is available before shutdown. 

I hope this makes sense. 

( I wasn't charging my phone at the time, and I don't have an issue that needs to be fixed. I was just curious if anyone knew that once the toggle switch goes red, how much time I had left )

I knew there wasn't that much power left, I hadn't charged it for a while, and I had been expecting it to run out at any time, 

But if it is the case that green is good to go, to suddenly red is dead, I wish there would be more warning. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 4:25 AM Post #306 of 343
Under these conditions 

using DJ headphones at quite loud volumes, 

once the toggle switch light goes red on the SDT, you have 5 minutes before the SDT runs out of juice. 

Looks like I'll have to charge the SDT daily. 

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #307 of 343
  Under these conditions 

using DJ headphones at quite loud volumes, 

once the toggle switch light goes red on the SDT, you have 5 minutes before the SDT runs out of juice. 

Looks like I'll have to charge the SDT daily. 

How long does a full charge last? Are you doing any permanent upsampling or playing native rates?

Jan 28, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #308 of 343
I'm sure a full charge lasts a few days, listening with the SDT for a couple of hours each day. Battery life isn't a problem. The lack of warning when the battery is about to go flat took me by surprise. 

( I used dj headphones at loud volumes to try and flatten the battery as quickly as possible, so I could see how long I had from red toggle switch light, to out of juice.)

The important part of the experiment for me was "once the toggle switch light goes red on the SDT, you have 5 minutes before the SDT runs out of juice."

With the previous model I had, the 2 bar battery indicator was great, 

2 yellow bars = full, 1 yellow bar = a reminder to charge soon.

In 2 -3 years, this Go Dap never ran out of power, as I always knew when to charge it.

It would of been nice if they had incorporated something like this with the SDT.

Feb 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #309 of 343
Meet the new upcoming SoundDroidBT Bird. Yes Bluetooth but also upsamples to 24/192.

Being BT, it works with Android & iDevice, etc.

Feb 7, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #310 of 343
Nice, but why not just use Kleer and avoid compression?

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #311 of 343
Apr 6, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #312 of 343
I am considering either the Soundroid Typhoon or the Cypher Labs Theorem 720. Has anyone tried both?

Apr 6, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #315 of 343
I have both the 720 & the SDT. What would you like to know?

Headphones i have atm are lcd 2.2, Beyer T1, JH13 (non fp), Heir Audio 4.A, Monentum & MDR1R if that helps.

Thanks for your reply!
I would use it primarily with T-Peos H-300s which are pretty bright so I'm looking for an Amp/dac that would counter that. I am also curious about a battery life comparison, idevice changing comparison, power differences, and noise floor comparison. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back