Velour/Felt Pads for ATH-M50?
Oct 31, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #316 of 441
hopefully they are better then the beyerdynamic pads
after using them for a week or two and comparing them to the stock pads i am going back to stock

while the beyerdynamics were super comfortable they made the headphones sound muddy 
i didnt try covering the ports though
its a shame because i really like these headphones but they sit on the hanger more than they get used because of the ear pads

i wish a t would make a velour pad with the same foam and backing material as the original pads

i actually may try those bilsom cool II pads before i give up on them and sell em

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:15 PM Post #318 of 441
I emailed them and they told me that they had then custom made for the ATH-M50s. No port holes underneath apparently.

Didn't buy them as shipping to Canada doubled the cost.

If you get them you could be the first to review them on Head-Fi!

Nov 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #320 of 441
Nov 21, 2013 at 11:48 AM Post #322 of 441

I got them from soundprofessionals.com (the link in my quoted post). Price is fair and one week shipping time is not bad.

Dec 2, 2013 at 7:16 PM Post #326 of 441
I purchased these pads from sound professionals after seeing the link on this site. I must say that I really like them. I hardly used my headphones before purchasing these pads because after 30 minutes of use my ears would swell up and sweat. After purchasing these pads, I can use them for hours with no complaint. As for the sound aspect of it, I can't really tell the difference between these and the stock pads. However, I am not an audiophile. I use them for gaming and movies and some audio.

Dec 2, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #327 of 441
i bought the dt250 pads and even with the tape mod, the sound was still horrendous.  i know that felt pads DO change the sound to a certain degree I just want to find a pair that doesn't alter the sound too severely.

Dec 14, 2013 at 11:52 PM Post #328 of 441
  i bought the dt250 pads and even with the tape mod, the sound was still horrendous.  i know that felt pads DO change the sound to a certain degree I just want to find a pair that doesn't alter the sound too severely.

That's what I found.  They're OK if you completely seal every hole, but if there's even a little bit of a gap it sounds pretty bad.  Honestly, the dt250 pads aren't even that comfortable.

I've been using shure pads for a while now and have no complaints.  I don't listen to music with them much though, I mostly use them for youtube and audiobooks.  They still sound good for music although they have two flaws.  First, they fit kinda loose, so they leak a lot more sound both in and out compared to the stock pads.  Second, you lose bass/midbass output.  I did some rough measurements a while back and found they were about flat, but had a peak at about 5khz.  Mine are the old version too, so this might not be so great for the new version.

If you can live with those two things I'd recommend the shure pads.  They're comfortable and so far seem to last longer than the stock pads.  (The stock pads do last a long time, they just soak up sweat and get stiff after several months).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back