VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 15, 2015 at 8:39 PM Post #2,251 of 3,324
My daughter has the exact same problem @goodyfresh. She has problems with a lot of IEM, as well. She tends to stick with portable over-ear headphones.

Hmm, I must have the perfect ears for the Audiophile journey. I have no problems with earbuds, IEMs, or on-ear and over-ear headphones.

Except the few on-ears that killed my ears (ESW9A and Grado SR225e).

Nov 15, 2015 at 9:52 PM Post #2,252 of 3,324
  Hmm, I must have the perfect ears for the Audiophile journey. I have no problems with earbuds, IEMs, or on-ear and over-ear headphones.

Except the few on-ears that killed my ears (ESW9A and Grado SR225e).

Clamping-force issues?

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:11 PM Post #2,253 of 3,324
Just ordered a Zen 2 
biggrin.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:07 PM Post #2,254 of 3,324
  Clamping-force issues?

It could be but the earpads are not helping either. I cannot listen to either for more than 10 minutes at a time because it pinches my ears that much (ESW9) or the driver is pushed against my the flaps of my ears (SR225e).

I honestly think the Grado earpads are extremely cheap feeling, and whether or not they may be cheap I don't like them very much (L-Cush).

Nov 15, 2015 at 11:51 PM Post #2,256 of 3,324
  It could be but the earpads are not helping either. I cannot listen to either for more than 10 minutes at a time because it pinches my ears that much (ESW9) or the driver is pushed against my the flaps of my ears (SR225e).

I honestly think the Grado earpads are extremely cheap feeling, and whether or not they may be cheap I don't like them very much (L-Cush).

Yeah that was one of the things that turned me away from Grados years ago. I thought their earpads were totally uncomfortable and hard and the sibilance in the highs were metal-like if I recall. But to be fair, maybe I didn't give them much of a chance sonically. 

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #2,258 of 3,324
I have the Zen 1.0 and like it, however I am a mid and vocal fan and would like to have some more of that in the zen 1.
To those who have both, how is the zen 2 compared to zen 1 in sound quality (clarity, transparency, sound stage etc.)?
Is the zen 2.0 more prominent or even more distant in the mids/vocals than the zen 1.0?
I can listen only with foams as the earbuds fall out of my ears without them. 

Someone here stated, that the zen 2 sounds good unamped, is that true... cause zen 1 is rather anemic from my phone.

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:16 PM Post #2,260 of 3,324
My roommate is quite disappointed with VE right now! After less than two weeks of quite light usage, the strain-relief on the cable of his Monks has failed and it is causing the right side to cut in and out intermittently.

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #2,262 of 3,324

Did he contact Lee?

He's not an audiophile like us and not on these forums, and doesn't care to try or bother doing so "since they were only five bucks anyway."  He seems perfectly content to just go back to using his old Apple Earpods (ugggggh *barfs*), the person
tongue.gif
  He does also have my old pair of V-Moda M-80's for when he wants full-sized on-ear headphones for actual music-listening, that's probably the other reason he doesn't see it as a big deal.

I myself am now worried about potential quality-control issues with VE's cable strain-reliefs.  How much better quality is the cable and strain-relief on the Zen 2.0 than the one on the Monks?

Nov 16, 2015 at 12:37 PM Post #2,263 of 3,324
He's not an audiophile like us and not on these forums, and doesn't care to try or bother doing so "since they were only five bucks anyway."  He seems perfectly content to just go back to using his old Apple Earpods (ugggggh *barfs*), the person
tongue.gif
  He does also have my old pair of V-Moda M-80's for when he wants full-sized on-ear headphones for actual music-listening, that's probably the other reason he doesn't see it as a big deal.

I myself am now worried about potential quality-control issues with VE's cable strain-reliefs.  How much better quality is the cable and strain-relief on the Zen 2.0 than the one on the Monks?

@zhibli06: Maybe you can help out here...

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:01 PM Post #2,264 of 3,324

tongue.gif

I gotta say your friend is pretty unlucky. Sucks to have stuff break on you :frowning2: I abuse the schiit out of my monk and its been holding up fine. luck of the draw I suppose. The strain reliefs of the Zen 1.0 is quite robust, as is the one for Zen 2.0 :)

But as with anything, taking care to store the gear properly and not stuffing them in pockets etc generally tend to prolong their life. I always use carry cases to store my stuff fwiw. Hope ur friend gets it sorted.

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:05 PM Post #2,265 of 3,324
  My roommate is quite disappointed with VE right now! After less than two weeks of quite light usage, the strain-relief on the cable of his Monks has failed and it is causing the right side to cut in and out intermittently.

Hey I don't quite understand the problem.

But for 5 bucks, the QC is decent , though we are not even working with the same factory on monk and Zen 2.0

As @Brooko has pointed out earlier , the drive matching on Zen 2.0 for instant , is way better than Zen 1.0 and Monk.

And Yes, the cable is way different.

(actually no same material is used on the 1.0 and 2.0, if u can notice, the shell is even slightly different , not just the color, though they are in the same size)

Since I can't understand what exactly is the problem just yet, and I am pretty sure it is an isolated event. (since we have sold so many)

it is not very uncommon for a decent built gear to broke without serious abuse~ I think it is called " bad-luck ", that is why we need "warranty".

For anything other than the Monk , we offer a full-year warranty, and since u can't fix them , we simply will just replace you with a new unit. 

As for the monk, for its price, you can't expect anything other than "sell as is", unless , of course it is not working properly OOB, or very short after that.

Since it sounds like, you wanna buy the Zen 2.0 right now, but can't put together the money for some reason, I'll say just talk to me when u do,

it should not be too hard to make your room mate happy again.

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back