VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 16, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #2,266 of 3,324
The perfect partner to the VE erbuds?

http://www.head-fi.org/products/venture-electronics-ve-runabout-portable-amplifier/reviews/14527

Nov 16, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #2,268 of 3,324

I gotta say your friend is pretty unlucky. Sucks to have stuff break on you :frowning2: I abuse the schiit out of my monk and its been holding up fine. luck of the draw I suppose. The strain reliefs of the Zen 1.0 is quite robust, as is the one for Zen 2.0 :)

But as with anything, taking care to store the gear properly and not stuffing them in pockets etc generally tend to prolong their life. I always use carry cases to store my stuff fwiw. Hope ur friend gets it sorted.

+1. I had the Zen 1.0, the Monk and Asura and I was quite impressed with the QC myself.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:12 PM Post #2,269 of 3,324
Wow, I am surprised a $5 earbud broke so quickly. For that price, it should have had extra thick strain reliefs as well as be shockproof all while providing great sound quality. I would have included a pelican case too for the investment.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #2,270 of 3,324
Before I sent my Monk on a tour of Australia I put it through the paces. Chucking it around, putting it in my front and back pockets, to me it felt like a tank and it took all the punishment.

Nov 16, 2015 at 3:45 PM Post #2,271 of 3,324
Wow, I am surprised a $5 earbud broke so quickly. For that price, it should have had extra thick strain reliefs as well as be shockproof all while providing great sound quality. I would have included a pelican case too for the investment.

Lol. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #2,275 of 3,324
I sense the word "epic" coming
popcorn.gif

BTW, my 2.0 have shipped :)

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #2,277 of 3,324
  Hey I don't quite understand the problem.

But for 5 bucks, the QC is decent , though we are not even working with the same factory on monk and Zen 2.0

As @Brooko has pointed out earlier , the drive matching on Zen 2.0 for instant , is way better than Zen 1.0 and Monk.

And Yes, the cable is way different.

(actually no same material is used on the 1.0 and 2.0, if u can notice, the shell is even slightly different , not just the color, though they are in the same size)

Since I can't understand what exactly is the problem just yet, and I am pretty sure it is an isolated event. (since we have sold so many)

it is not very uncommon for a decent built gear to broke without serious abuse~ I think it is called " bad-luck ", that is why we need "warranty".

For anything other than the Monk , we offer a full-year warranty, and since u can't fix them , we simply will just replace you with a new unit. 

As for the monk, for its price, you can't expect anything other than "sell as is", unless , of course it is not working properly OOB, or very short after that.

Since it sounds like, you wanna buy the Zen 2.0 right now, but can't put together the money for some reason, I'll say just talk to me when u do,

it should not be too hard to make your room mate happy again.

Cheers 

Lee

Yeah I think I'll just wait to get the Zen 2.0 and then give my roommate the new Monks that come with it :)

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #2,278 of 3,324

That's not the point man.  It may be $5 but it has a really really good reputation as punching way above its price-point.

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #2,279 of 3,324
I know, but I think punching above its pricepoint refers more to the sound quality reputation than the durability.

Nov 16, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #2,280 of 3,324
Before I sent my Monk on a tour of Australia I put it through the paces. Chucking it around, putting it in my front and back pockets, to me it felt like a tank and it took all the punishment.

...mine live in my messenger bag. Not the most comfortable or safe environment. No issues yet...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back