VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Nov 15, 2015 at 3:53 AM Post #2,236 of 3,324
The problem is that due to my ears shape I cannot enjoy VE products
triportsad.gif

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:59 AM Post #2,238 of 3,324
Try using double covers - one over the top of the other.  it should increase the comfort, and with a bit of luck also improve the seal - therefore giving you more bass.

Nov 15, 2015 at 6:12 AM Post #2,239 of 3,324
Think I must be borderline for this shell size. Bought some Blox BE3 a while back and found them rather big for my ears; had to really jam 'em in (always use full foams having seen the detritus that got inside AKG K317). After a week or so my ears got sore but after a further week or so rest went back to them and found them a lot more comfortable; still had to jam them in of course but the soreness did not return for the several further weeks I had them.
May be repeating this routine some time later with Monk.

Nov 15, 2015 at 10:22 AM Post #2,240 of 3,324

I knew this would happen....And joked about it...

I had a couple of order for the early-bird deal, but seriously....

no one wanna trade their 1.0 in.......

Cheers 

Lee

Hey Lee, im interested. How shall I do this if I want to exchange? Can I have a listen with the 2.0 before I finally give up the 1.0?

Hey, I would love to let u decide after listening, but I don't have a mean to partially refund some order's money without using the dispute on AE.

So I will say, the whole 1.0 own upgrade or get 2.0 for cheap promo will be available till Dec 1st, so in 2 weeks , you can see what other people think about those and then decide how you wanna proceed.

Cheers 

Lee

Nov 15, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #2,242 of 3,324
Am I correct that it looks like the Zen 2.0 has a SLIGHTLY SMALLER SHELL than the original and the Monks have?  If that is the case, I should be able to get a much better fit and better seal for bass from them than I get with the Monks :)

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:05 PM Post #2,245 of 3,324
I *think* they're all using the same basic housing...

All similar sizes :sunglasses:

That is not what I was hoping for, I hoped the housings would be a bit slimmer and smaller in diameter.  Ugh, this means I'm going to have the same fit/seal issues, and as a result similarly anemic and near non-existent sub-bass, with the Zen 2.0 as I get from the Monks *cries*  Maybe I shouldn't buy them after-all. . .

Nov 15, 2015 at 7:59 PM Post #2,247 of 3,324
  Try the earhooks with the monk and them decide...

You don't understand what I mean.  It's not about getting them to stay in my ears (which granted IS an issue for me), it's about the fact that I have very small ears and ear-canal entrances and so the only way for me to wear earbuds with housings this size is to have them kind of wedged against leaning against the outside of my ears.  I can't get them to nestle in behind the ridges comfortably the way lots of folks seem to be able to do.  And so rather than the SLIGHT "seal" that people are supposed to get with earbuds, I get NO seal, and as a result the bass I get is very very anemic and completely lacking in anything very-audidble-at-all below around 60 or 70Hz.

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:07 PM Post #2,249 of 3,324
My daughter has the exact same problem @goodyfresh. She has problems with a lot of IEM, as well. She tends to stick with portable over-ear headphones.

NOOOO, I refuse!  I refuse to accept that I cannot get the Zen to work for me! *weeps uncontrollably*

Thing is, my ear-canals obviously aren't AS small as her.  I have no issue with most IEM's, usually I'm just fine with their medium-to-medium/small sized tips and can wear them comfortably for hours while getting a great seal.

My hope is that since the bass from the Zen 2.0 seems to be REALLY BOOSTED when they DO have a good seal (based on Brooko's measurements) compared to the old Zen, that when using foams and still not getting a good seal (as tends to happen to me) I will get a sound-sig from them similar to what Brooko got in his measurements of the Zen 2.0 with no foams.  Sounds legit, right? :p  Also, even with the anemic/nonexistent sub-bass, I do still love the Monks due to their excellent mids and treble and that PRAT!  I just find they sound better when I press them lightly against my ears in order to get a slight seal :p

Nov 15, 2015 at 8:23 PM Post #2,250 of 3,324
I don't get a seal either, I think the Zen isn't supposed to sell. With some manipulation, I get good bass, PRAT. I do think if you get a real seal the bass is too strong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back