VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
Jun 6, 2015 at 8:51 PM Post #736 of 3,324
Got my own set of Zen and Asura today in the mail. Oh how I've missed these since the tour. Looking at this braided cable I may (and I stress 'may') consider re terminating for Pono balanced.

Jun 6, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #738 of 3,324
I hope I'm not out of place here but VE had a couple of sets here in the states for quick shipping. These were sent prior to running out of stock.

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #739 of 3,324
Got my own set of Zen and Asura today in the mail. Oh how I've missed these since the tour. Looking at this braided cable I may (and I stress 'may') consider re terminating for Pono balanced.

I got my Pono a few days ago and the synergy with the Zen is rather good, even without an amp!

Do you know how to wire for Pono balanced? I am a little nervous to do it myself, as you can damage the player if you get it wrong...

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #740 of 3,324
I got my Pono a few days ago and the synergy with the Zen is rather good, even without an amp!

Do you know how to wire for Pono balanced? I am a little nervous to do it myself, as you can damage the player if you get it wrong...

If you can terminate the Zens near where the wires exit earbuds to female MMCX connectors I might be able to help you out. Better if it before the y-split.

I have a spare pair of Z5 balanced MMCX cable you might find useful :)

Jun 6, 2015 at 11:48 PM Post #741 of 3,324

actually on second thought my idea might not work. Check out the shape of the cable, its an ear hanger design: 

Jun 7, 2015 at 9:32 AM Post #745 of 3,324

Users who are viewing this thread

Back