VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 12, 2015 at 6:54 AM Post #482 of 3,324

Somebody tried to Zen with Aune B1?

Aune B1 is a very decent amp, but  as a 320ohm high z earbud, B1 is not even better than the breeze e11 (for zen).

I have fans tried b1 out , similar to what we get from fiio e12 , the breeze has more power but less detail, while e12 and b1 has more details but less power, overall ,the breeze can deliver a better exp than both b1 and e12 when comboed with Zen.

But certainly for pretty much any other can/ earbud/ iem, b1 and e12 will deliver a overall superior exp, as breeze e11 does not have a low-high gain setting.

the official in-house set , will try to cover both, but as we are still working on the final details, no promises can be made for the time being. 
redface.gif

Cheers

Lee

May 12, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #484 of 3,324

I thought about that, but it would just be the biggest tease ever.  Seeing how awesome they sound, then sending them away.

At the very least you will know if the earbud will be a good fit for you but trust me, it would be a glorious 10 days :) Totally worth it, go for it! I have the same feeling, I am not looking forward to sending them off next week haha. 

Also Asura and Shakira make an awesome combination! Been listening to some of her old tracks and her vocals sound really good through the Asuras. If the betas are this capable, retail version should be dope! I will admit, that the beta unit has more bass than the Zens and I tuned it down a bit with my E17, sounds pretty good after a slight bass reduction. I have a feeling the final asura has had a bass cut as well so it wont need any eq :wink: (I hope)

May 12, 2015 at 4:33 PM Post #486 of 3,324
I'm not going to say that I like the Asura's bass. Nope, not gonna do it!
(I like the Asura's bass lol)

May 12, 2015 at 7:30 PM Post #488 of 3,324
Golov's tip about using those super thin donut foams from HieGi a while back works alright. Probably because it's too thin to fully cover the ports in the housing. Otherwise I just use thicker, full cover foams. 
The best solution I've found though is to just switch to the Zen 
normal_smile .gif
. But it's not too bad... it's interesting to have something different around. The few other bass monster buds I have are nowhere near as good. That's what's keeping me from just giving away my beta asura to some head-fier at least, so Lee was right about it making sense to include it.

May 13, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #490 of 3,324
Hi All,

During last weekend, I happened to had a enjoyable time to listen to music. Especially and specifically only with (what i called..) the beast of my earbuds. Too bad I don't have Blox TM7, and my MX985 is still on the way from Germany. Below are my personal review for VE Asura and Zen compare to Sennheiser MX980 and Yuin PK1.

Soundstage:
MX980 > Zen > Asura > PK1

For me, no doubt that MX980 is the king for Soundstage (amped or unamped). 

Vocal:
PK1 > Zen > MX980 > Asura

As of my last review (few pages before), still unchanged. I found that PK1 vocal is more forward compare to others here. The others put the vocal more in the center of the show. 

Bass:
Zen > Asura > MX980 > PK1

I love how this VE's bass' sound!! They just so perfect, and kind of make the music 'alive' (hard to describe it.. LOL). I can hear the sound of bass-pedal hitting the bass-drum very clearly.

High:
Zen > PK1 > Asura > MX980

All seems have no lack in this area, no roll-off. But Zen have a little bit sweetness and fun. While PK1 is more to as-it-is.

Built quality:
MX980 > Zen > Asura > PK1

Well.. nothing more to say. I think you guys already know and may see it with your own eyes... Feel with your hands, etc.

Overall musicality (Jazz, female-male vocal, instrument etc.):
Amped: Zen > Asura > PK1 = MX980

For me (maybe not for all of you), every music needs a bit of bass. Even vocal or acapella will not shine or 'sing' without the presence of bass. While PK1 is just have 'enough' bass, VE's live it. 

Unamped: MX980 > Asura > PK1 = Zen

No doubt, Zen and PK1 need an amp to shine. While MX980 is already shine without one. Asura is only a little-bit better to PK1 & Zen if unamped.

Overall Musicality (Rock, Metal, EDM etc.)
Amped: Zen > Asura > MX980 > PK1

This is where VE's shine. Bass that kickin' and rockin'... without eliminating other aspects like details, separations and soundstage. It's just so complete.

Unamped: Asura > MX980 > Zen > PK1

Same explanation as stated above (Unamped: MX980 > Asura > PK1 = Zen). The difference is I listened a better bass-impact and better detail in Asura for this kind of music, compare to MX980.

Note:
Again, this is my personal review with my own ears. With same gears used as my previous review. Only, now I add more songs to compare. Including Metallica & several classic Rock music, various Trance Music, various New Age music, etc.

Thank you again Lee, nice to have these earbuds. Love them very much!!

May 13, 2015 at 12:43 AM Post #491 of 3,324
Excellent impressions and comparison gandroider!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back