VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 14, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #500 of 3,324
I think I am enjoying the Asura more than the Zen right now. Is that weird? I just got the tour units yesterday and only had an hour or so with them last night. Ipod>fiio LOD>Portable pimeta. I also tried Colorfly C3>6" Cardas>NX1 and found that the NX1 just didn't seem to have enough juice. The Pimeta can certainly drive them better. If the Asura will be available separately I don't think I would hesitate to get them. I'll be giving them both more time over the weekend. Initial thoughts are that I prefer them over my PK3, E100, Dasetn M760, and Tingo. I unfortunately don't have any Blox or higher end Yuin to compare.

May 14, 2015 at 9:16 AM Post #501 of 3,324
I think I am enjoying the Asura more than the Zen right now. Is that weird? I just got the tour units yesterday and only had an hour or so with them last night. Ipod>fiio LOD>Portable pimeta. I also tried Colorfly C3>6" Cardas>NX1 and found that the NX1 just didn't seem to have enough juice. The Pimeta can certainly drive them better. If the Asura will be available separately I don't think I would hesitate to get them. I'll be giving them both more time over the weekend. Initial thoughts are that I prefer them over my PK3, E100, Dasetn M760, and Tingo. I unfortunately don't have any Blox or higher end Yuin to compare.
This is normal. Signature sound to your preference.

May 14, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #502 of 3,324

Hi Dan

Have you tried using the different foams? And also yes the Zen def needs a lot juice so if you get a chance, try and get your hands on a more powerful amp and try it out to see how they sound? I didn't like the Zen out of my SMSL m5 which itself has a decently powerful amp. I had use the 12 gain option on my Fiio e17 to get the most out of it. Out of something like the Cayin C5 or something in similar tier it will sound better as it is said to scale very well with gear.

May 14, 2015 at 7:06 PM Post #503 of 3,324
Hi Dan

Have you tried using the different foams? And also yes the Zen def needs a lot juice so if you get a chance, try and get your hands on a more powerful amp and try it out to see how they sound? I didn't like the Zen out of my SMSL m5 which itself has a decently powerful amp. I had use the 12 gain option on my Fiio e17 to get the most out of it. Out of something like the Cayin C5 or something in similar tier it will sound better as it is said to scale very well with gear.

I was planning that for tonight.long day at work and home. Slipped those donuts on and ...I'm going to have to sit and see if this makes a difference. I don't see how as there are no holes in the center of the bud as the baldoor does. This may be why it seems the donuts are not supplied with mx500 clones?

May 14, 2015 at 11:32 PM Post #506 of 3,324
I was planning that for tonight.long day at work and home. Slipped those donuts on and ...I'm going to have to sit and see if this makes a difference. I don't see how as there are no holes in the center of the bud as the baldoor does. This may be why it seems the donuts are not supplied with mx500 clones?

yeah some say there's no point putting donuts on earbuds without centers. but for whatever reason I ended up preferring donuts on all of my center hole-less earbuds (Zen, Tingo TG, MX760) except the super bass heavy ones. it could be because the donuts I have (and most donuts) don't actually cover all the openings. the donuts that came with my Zen have really small holes and appear to be cut inconsistently, looking much like your picture. I can't comment on those since I put on my own after seeing how they were. for me, the donuts tame peaks in the highs while bringing out the mids a bit (vs. full foams), which is the sound I prefer. If you don't like the included donuts, try cutting out a bigger hole or using different ones.

May 15, 2015 at 12:04 AM Post #508 of 3,324
i will totally agree on this point, we do need better "donunts", and we got better foams already, will see the feedbacks from our fans in China.

Cheers

Lee

May 15, 2015 at 2:29 AM Post #509 of 3,324
has anybody tried the Zen with the Studio V3? I'm curious if the Studio is able to drive the Zen at 320 ohm. I currently have the BE7 and I can say is a really excellent sounding earbuds. Still waiting for the next Blox flagship but also tempted to try the Zen and/or Asura with all the glorious feedbacks from some of the users here in this thread. I'm hesitant though to try high impedance phones as with my previous experience with the OK1. No doubt the OK1 is a very good sounding unit but I have cheaper phones that sounded as good and some are even better. If the Studio cannot handle the Zen, then I might wait for the retail Asura to come out or just settle with BE7 for now until the next flagship appear in the Blox website. Any comments is appreciated. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back