VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 10, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #406 of 3,324
Sounds great. Except the Zen is ten times the cost of the E100 even without the additional outlay on an amp. So for me, with my lack of funds, it remains an impossible temptation.

I want eagerly for a Monk to arrive on the scene.

I was comparing on ability alone not taking into account the price. Just wanted to put it out there that the e100 is not as good as or even better than the zen. Have them both in front of me :) not even close to be honest. Ymmv of course.

I love the Zen as much as my Xba z5 and I find it to be more refined than the z5 in a few areas well, which is surprising given their price differences.

Edit:

I think that your question of why it's more expensive than the e100 has a few answers. For one thing, research and development. Also the quality of driver and cable composition. Despite the outward appearance the innards are quite high quality.

If the zen is more than what you're willing to spend the asura is a good alternative but imo zen is worth it's asking price and then some. I have had the chance to listen to some pretty good gear and I can confidently say that the zen can easily hang out in the big kids table :)

May 10, 2015 at 7:18 AM Post #409 of 3,324
  I have had the zens in my ears since yesterday and the asura got a lot of ear time today in the evening. I honestly don't know what kind of sorcery this is but honestly I am shocked. I can't believe something this small can create such a big sound. The cohesion of the sound is astounding. Was doing a lot of A/B with The Baldoor E100 and it wasn't even close. The Zen spanked it so hard. The E100 sounds disjointed and lacks the cohesion between the treble midrange and bass.

With the Zens you get a nice balance. Particularly the E100's midrange and treble don't play nice together and a lot of EDM music feels disjointed. I had listened a lot to the E100 before the Zens arrived so I am familiar with it. Now having heard the Zen, I can't enjoy the E100 anymore, sounds boring and bland. 

Speaking of sheer technical prowess, Zen is objectively better and superior to e100 in every way except one. E100 doesn't need amp, thats about it :p  

Glad you can enjoy them.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s.

As a MoT,  it is not appropriate for me to discuss others' gears, 

but as another follow head-fier, I got two. 
rolleyes.gif
 interesting , but not my thing.

May 10, 2015 at 9:19 AM Post #412 of 3,324

1. zhibli06, your headphones should have been giant-killers, not just players in the top tier league.

All you can do is to either accept or reject the price tag, that's how a free market works. If you can't accept it then there is no real point for further discussion, given you haven't paid for it yet. What you are doing here is just like going to a LV store and tell them you don't see the value of their $1600 handbag and instead they should have sold it for $160 and be a giant killer. Do you think complaining to the customers who like their $1600 handbag is going to make LV drops its price? Time like these, it is better just shows yourself to the door. Live and let live.

May 10, 2015 at 9:20 AM Post #414 of 3,324
Any internasional seller for Zen Asura?I can't find It....

Hi, since you are in Jakarta, you should try contact DBE in Semanggi, they have one for audition. I think DBE are going to sell both Zen and Asura, but they aren't ready stock yet. I have them including Monk, if you want to try to listen. but unfortunately it's still in another town, some are eager to try and I don't know when mine will be back actually. cheers. HTH

May 10, 2015 at 9:51 AM Post #415 of 3,324
  Can you please detail a bit the "research and development" part that justifies the cost?
Also this part, "and cable composition" if possible.

Thank you.

Hmm, I honestly don't understand what you are trying to accomplish here. I am just using common sense, and frankly I am not privy to all their operational details. Given that they are a small start up, they would have to spend time to develop the product, sourcing parts for production and for distribution. You can't just put any two parts together and make a good headphone. You need people with engineering expertise to research, develop iterations of prototypes. The engineers have to be paid no? 

I get that you have a budget. What I don't get is why you are going into a thread about a product that is out of your budget and complaining why it costs so much? :/ That makes no sense to me. If you weren't planing on buying it, it makes no sense to waste energy antagonizing people in the thread. Unless you are doing it deliberate to troll or get a rise out of people. This is the last I have to say on this matter so take it as you will. I hope you get a chance to listen to it eventually, as I truly believe they are a really good earphone. Cheers

May 10, 2015 at 9:55 AM Post #416 of 3,324

Glad you can enjoy them.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s.

rolleyes.gif

Hi Lee

As I understand the Asura unit included on the tour is not the final tuning right? Would you be able to touch upon the changes made to its sound, if any? :) 

Also, can't seem to take the zens out of my ears haha, going thru all my music on spotify :p

May 10, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #418 of 3,324

Glad you can enjoy them.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s.

rolleyes.gif

Hi Lee

As I understand the Asura unit included on the tour is not the final tuning right? Would you be able to touch upon the changes made to its sound, if any? :) 

Also, can't seem to take the zens out of my ears haha, going thru all my music on spotify :p

hey, thanks for asking about it, the final Asura has been done for a while, we were only holding it back as we found some minor issue with the production that we need to make sure, the beta Asura is a very good earbud also, but it can not handle big amps , and I don't think it is a good idea to sell them because of that. 

As for the difference, the retail Asura will sound more like Zen, but can sound good with pretty much everything( from iphone to big "brick" DAPs / Amps), and the best part is they can take as much as abuse as Zen , which for us is very important.

I studied in Japan for my bachelor degree, and the Japanese customer services (especially , Apple Japan )  are ridiculously good,  that is what we wanna provide for our customers , which is" we will really take care of our customers". The current beta Asura while sounds pretty awesome, simply can not deliver this kind of exp if it can take all the beating and abuse people normally throw at a high Z can/earbud

May 10, 2015 at 10:35 AM Post #419 of 3,324
@golov17&tukangketik:
Thanks for the info...allready texting Han han from Dbe..still no answer

Mr Han Han
o2smile.gif
is our exclusive distributor in Indonesia. And I am fairly certain his stock will arrive very soon.

Cheers 

Lee

p.s. Can anybody plz tell me what "han han" stands for in the form of Chinese characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back