VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #346 of 3,324
  Boys, points have been made by both sides and there is no need to keep arguing over the minor detail. You just need to learn to agree to disagree, let leave it at that. It is when you keep arguing that is going to cause the thread to be closed and that won't change anyone's opinion. So what's the point? Just move on.

Good points :) Don't want to get this great thread locked 

May 6, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #347 of 3,324
Boys, points have been made by both sides and there is no need to keep arguing over the minor detail. You just need to learn to agree to disagree, let leave it at that. It is when you keep arguing that is going to cause the thread to be closed and that won't change anyone's opinion. So what's the point? Just move on.

I totally agree.

May 6, 2015 at 12:55 AM Post #348 of 3,324
Is there a more definitive release date for Monk yet? I would be happy to trial it against my (incredibly awesome) E100s anytime.

Not interested in the Zen, as I think anything portable which requires a separate amp is not portable. Hows that for a, um, Zen saying?

May 6, 2015 at 3:19 PM Post #349 of 3,324
Let me just say, I won't make any promise that I might be able to keep. the New monk will be out when it is ready to rock (at least, for those what can appreciate it)

BTW we all have different tastes in music as well as gears, As most might know, it is very hard to be a musician, a producer friend told me that her friends make a lot of cool stuff just for themselves (and those who can appreciate them). But they can only sell what the market desire,  not what they wanna to inspire others with.

I am no artist of any kind, but everybody have the rights to share what they like~So my gears are mostly there to please those who can get it, for everybody else all I can say is that" Sorry, my earbuds might not be for you." But it is OK, if the goal is "sell more", I might as well stop making earbuds all together, then focus a lot more on IEMs like most brands are. 

Then how can one u know if Zen is right for them?

It is actually very straight forward if you think your tastes are similar to those who like Zens ,( check their past reviews and impressions, it won't be hard to see their preference). 
Then try it out either from a friend or join the tours (currently US, CA, the AU tour will start hopefully next week)

Better be sure than sorry.

Cheers 

Lee

May 6, 2015 at 6:36 PM Post #353 of 3,324
  my zen (tour unit) wasn't held up by customs by some act of miracle, passed right on through :D

Yeah baby! Any idea how many hours are on them?

May 6, 2015 at 9:34 PM Post #355 of 3,324
Hi All,

About ten days ago, I received the Zen and Monk bought from a friend (Already received beta Asura since early April). And since that day, I only listen my music wih Zen & Asura only.. LOL. (with AK100 mk2 and JDS Labs C5D). 

But a few days ago, the same friend of mine loan me his Breeze Audio's E16 and ask me to try this portable amp with those VE's earbuds.

Here's what I can report based on my personal and subjective listening-session:

1. E16 seems like to have more power compare to C5D (turn the volume 40/75 vs 50/75)

2. Bass impact, C5D wins this. But, I feel the bass of E16 had better and fun listening for some songs I've played.
3. Vocal (Female or Male): I can say that E16 drive them more natural and intimate than C5D.
4. Both E16 and C5D DID NOT drive the voice/vocals forward, they are tend to be in the centre.
5. E16 tend to have narrow soundstage compare to C5D, C5D is more spacious.
6. Other aspects like Instrument separation, details etc., I found no significant differences. I can say both are quite similar.

Music Album used:
Diana Krall - Wallflower
Jane Monheit - The Very Best
Katie Melua - The Katie Melua Collection
Sadao Watanabe - Come Today
Journey - Greatest Hits

Gear used:
AK 100 MK2
Breeze Audio E16
JDS Labs C5D
M2M Double Helix (pure copper)
Earbud VE Zen (only)

Short conclusion:
I believe that Breeze Audio E16 was specifically built to enhance VE's earbud. In this case, VE Zen. Too bad I don't have the E11 to compare. But the owner of this E16 informed me that E16 had more bass but E11 had more power. Both put the vocal in the centre.

Note that I only use only VE Zen for this personal review. The result may vary should we use another earbud and portable-amp.

Thanks to my friend (I don't know whether he's on head-fi or not, and Lee (zhibli06) from VE. You've developed some marvelous products for us.

May 6, 2015 at 10:01 PM Post #356 of 3,324
  Hi All,

About ten days ago, I received the Zen and Monk bought from a friend (Already received beta Asura since early April). And since that day, I only listen my music wih Zen & Asura only.. LOL. (with AK100 mk2 and JDS Labs C5D). 

But a few days ago, the same friend of mine loan me his Breeze Audio's E16 and ask me to try this portable amp with those VE's earbuds.

Here's what I can report based on my personal and subjective listening-session:

1. E16 seems like to have more power compare to C5D (turn the volume 40/75 vs 50/75)

2. Bass impact, C5D wins this. But, I feel the bass of E16 had better and fun listening for some songs I've played.
3. Vocal (Female or Male): I can say that E16 drive them more natural and intimate than C5D.
4. Both E16 and C5D DID NOT drive the voice/vocals forward, they are tend to be in the centre.
5. E16 tend to have narrow soundstage compare to C5D, C5D is more spacious.
6. Other aspects like Instrument separation, details etc., I found no significant differences. I can say both are quite similar.

Music Album used:
Diana Krall - Wallflower
Jane Monheit - The Very Best
Katie Melua - The Katie Melua Collection
Sadao Watanabe - Come Today
Journey - Greatest Hits

Gear used:
AK 100 MK2
Breeze Audio E16
JDS Labs C5D
M2M Double Helix (pure copper)
Earbud VE Zen (only)

Short conclusion:
I believe that Breeze Audio E16 was specifically built to enhance VE's earbud. In this case, VE Zen. Too bad I don't have the E11 to compare. But the owner of this E16 informed me that E16 had more bass but E11 had more power. Both put the vocal in the centre.

Note that I only use only VE Zen for this personal review. The result may vary should we use another earbud and portable-amp.

Thanks to my friend (I don't know whether he's on head-fi or not, and Lee (zhibli06) from VE. You've developed some marvelous products for us.

Great review! Where is it possible to get this Breeze Audio E16 amp? :) 

May 7, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #358 of 3,324

Yeah baby! Any idea how many hours are on them?

Burn-in? Those should be fresh as a baby's bottom. RedJohn456 is first in line on the Canada tour :).

Niceeee nothing like that fresh unboxing smell! errr sound? Cant wait to try it out. Its so close now, I think it might even be delivered before the weekend :D

Thanks RedJohn456,

You may ask Lee (from VE) about this. My friend got them (E11 & E16) from him. 

Cool thank you!

May 7, 2015 at 1:26 AM Post #359 of 3,324

Great review! Where is it possible to get this Breeze Audio E16 amp? :) 

Thanks RedJohn456,

You may ask Lee (from VE) about this. My friend got them (E11 & E16) from him. 

Awesome review ! Thanks.

About the Breeze E11 & E16, they are great for what they cost, and they were sort of official budget combo for Zen, but can easily break Asura and most other earbuds if one is not careful, as they lack  the setting of "low gain".  Also Breeze Audio is more of brand for skilled DIYers instead of general public, we have to do some checking and tweaking before sending them out , especially when shipping abroad.  So it is kind of against our goal as a serious brand to combo E11&E16 with Zen.

Also more importantly, Zen simply deserves more, we wanna to push for limits even on a budget level,  it "our own official budget portable amp" should be ready for the world by the end of next month. 

Cheers 

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back