VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 5, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #331 of 3,324

And here I was getting all intrigued by the HP150 since it's now on massdrop! I'm going to have to pay a bit more attention to what gear might be triggering the tinnitus. I listen to the Titan1's quite a bit, and they don't seem to, even though their highs are quite forward.

I listen to the Zens for extended periods (hours) and I never stop listening to them due to fatigue - the only reason I stop listening to them is because someone or something forces me to lol. So if you are looking for a nice sounding non-fatiguing long-listening bud, the Zens might be for you!

I use the donut foams. They provide me with excellent comfort, and I like the quality of the details and highs with them:

I must stress again though that the Zens need a good amp to shine. I thought at first the Lee might be exaggerating about this, but it's absolutely true. With a good amp, the headspace just expands beautifully, and yet they remain balanced and natural sounding.

Ampless (ie off of my ifihi 770 dap), I really enjoy the beta Asura's. In fact, I like them so much that I fall asleep with them lol.

I have not tried gaming with them (or with anything for that matter). I should put that PS3 to some good gaming use one of these days!

Not all forward treble causes ear fatigue or ringing for some reason, its certain freq or peaks. So the HP150 should be fine, its not as bad as the EX1000 or baldoors for me. I use them for gaming, music and movies :) They are amazeballs but I digress. It might work pretty well out of ur dap. 

It def appears the Zens are made for me haha. The amp thing has me a bit worried. I only have the Fiio E17 and SMSL M2 so I am not sure if it will cut it :frowning2: but it means I will have an excuse to get a good amp haha. U reckon the O2 will be enough for the Zen?

If you ever want to try iems with ur ps3, try getting something with an optical unit. I use the Fiio E17 with my ps3 and I plan to do quite a bit of gaming with the Zens. With its soundstage I have a feeling its gonna be killer for shooters and such :) 

Edit: PMed you

May 5, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #332 of 3,324
Not all forward treble causes ear fatigue or ringing for some reason, its certain freq or peaks. So the HP150 should be fine, its not as bad as the EX1000 or baldoors for me. I use them for gaming, music and movies :) They are amazeballs but I digress. It might work pretty well out of ur dap. 

It def appears the Zens are made for me haha. The amp thing has me a bit worried. I only have the Fiio E17 and SMSL M2 so I am not sure if it will cut it :frowning2: but it means I will have an excuse to get a good amp haha. U reckon the O2 will be enough for the Zen?

You are not helping my HP150 resistance! 

The Zens sound great directly off of my ihifi 770, but throwing the Cayin C5 into the mix and they jump to another level. They sound good off of the E12 as well. I'm not familiar with the O2, but looking at the specs, it should sound great. But yeah, these Zens do make you start wondering which amps might be optimal for the Zens (especially when Lee gets involved in the discussion lol).

May 5, 2015 at 10:24 PM Post #333 of 3,324

You are not helping my HP150 resistance! 

The Zens sound great directly off of my ihifi 770, but throwing the Cayin C5 into the mix and they jump to another level. They sound good off of the E12 as well. I'm not familiar with the O2, but looking at the specs, it should sound great. But yeah, these Zens do make you start wondering which amps might be optimal for the Zens (especially when Lee gets involved in the discussion lol).

Haha the bolded part is true specially as he will probably design the amp to bring out the Zen's best and I would find it very hard to resist lol. Tit for tat, ur not doing anything to help my Zen resistance so I will reply in kind by tormenting you about the HP150 :p 

May 5, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #335 of 3,324
@rymd

Yeah, you and I hear the E100 TOOOOOOOTALLY different haha! Definitely V-shaped on my end with the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone...bass head subwoofer like levels of bass with gorgeous mids and non-fatiguing highs that are airy and crisp with no sibilence and a massive sound stage.

As I've said earlier though I believe this to definitely have something to do with the fit. I'm special apparently. Though @swbf2cheater does appear to hear them more closely to how I do based on his review. 

Regardless the reason they sound like they do to me I still have them #1 as my all time favorite. Try wearing them sideways with some foams and see if it changes anything. 

I know I'm not crazy...I can't be the only one...

May 5, 2015 at 10:48 PM Post #336 of 3,324
  @rymd

Yeah, you and I hear the E100 TOOOOOOOTALLY different haha! Definitely V-shaped on my end with the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone...bass head subwoofer like levels of bass with gorgeous mids and non-fatiguing highs that are airy and crisp with no sibilence and a massive sound stage.

As I've said earlier though I believe this to definitely have something to do with the fit. I'm special apparently. Though swbf2cheater does appear to hear them more closely to how I do based on his review. 

Regardless the reason they sound like they do to me I still have them #1 as my all time favorite. Try wearing them sideways with some foams and see if it changes anything. 

I know I'm not crazy...I can't be the only one...

Someone needs to create a Baldor E100 appreciation thread. I know who I nominate! 

May 5, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #338 of 3,324
I prefer the Monk. An amp may be a burden at most of the time, IMHO.
With an appropriate amp, really out of the blue, this bud delivers better sound.

For advanced users like u guys, a Zen with a powerful amp would be your choice.
Fiio E12 will do, but some are using AUNE B1 ($200) here.  
One of my friends, who has both an Fiio E12 and a Breeze Audio E11, uses QLS QA360 LO + LINE AUDIO MG2(with Card FL1 instead of OPA627) ($215) as his final PORTABLE assembly
-_-|||||||||||||||||||||||||

All these amp are either too pricey(>$100) or without low gain(say, Breeze Audio E11).
I'm still thinking about a one-amp-fits-all solution for all these VE cans from 32 ohms to 320 ohms.
This amp, if there were, would be a truly useful device for beginners like me :)

May 5, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #339 of 3,324
@RedJohn456

I was simply responding to someone that is talking to me. Also, since the E100 will be used in my review as comparison I'd say it's relevant, no?

Either way, it is a forum. Just talking about one product seems bias if one is looking for information. Since I find the E100 to be better then perhaps someone researching a new earbud will see my posts and decide to try them. Diversity is a good think for people looking for info. If one were to listen to this thread with no differing opinions then they'd think the Zen is the best bud ever made with no possible equal.

Just sayin'. It doesn't harm anything, just puts more potential information out there for those interested. A couple of people have already bought the E100 based on what I've just said here. Isn't that a good thing?

May 5, 2015 at 11:46 PM Post #340 of 3,324
@RedJohn456

I was simply responding to someone that is talking to me. Also, since the E100 will be used in my review as comparison I'd say it's relevant, no?

Either way, it is a forum. Just talking about one product seems bias if one is looking for information. Since I find the E100 to be better then perhaps someone researching a new earbud will see my posts and decide to try them. Diversity is a good think for people looking for info. If one were to listen to this thread with no differing opinions then they'd think the Zen is the best bud ever made with no possible equal.

Just sayin'. It doesn't harm anything, just puts more potential information out there for those interested. A couple of people have already bought the E100 based on what I've just said here. Isn't that a good thing?

I have said all I have to say on this issue so lets agree to disagree :)

May 6, 2015 at 12:11 AM Post #344 of 3,324
Boys, points have been made by both sides and there is no need to keep arguing over the minor detail. You just need to learn to agree to disagree, let leave it at that. It is when you keep arguing that is going to cause the thread to be closed and that won't change anyone's opinion. So what's the point? Just move on.

May 6, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #345 of 3,324
I prefer the Monk. An amp may be a burden at most of the time, IMHO.

With an appropriate amp, really out of the blue, this bud delivers better sound.

For advanced users like u guys, a Zen with a powerful amp would be your choice.

Fiio E12 will do, but some are using AUNE B1 ($200) here.  

One of my friends, who has both an Fiio E12 and a Breeze Audio E11, uses QLS QA360 LO + LINE AUDIO MG2(with Card FL1 instead of OPA627) ($215) as his final PORTABLE assembly
-_-|||||||||||||||||||||||||

All these amp are either too pricey(>$100) or without low gain(say, Breeze Audio E11).

I'm still thinking about a one-amp-fits-all solution for all these VE cans from 32 ohms to 320 ohms.

This amp, if there were, would be a truly useful device for beginners like me :)

Yes, but Asura sounds very well on my Meizu and without power. High sensitivity solves. And VE Zen + C&C BH2 $100, It's no bad :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back