VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 7, 2015 at 9:21 AM Post #362 of 3,324
  Awesome review ! Thanks.

About the Breeze E11 & E16, they are great for what they cost, and they were sort of official budget combo for Zen, but can easily break Asura and most other earbuds if one is not careful, as they lack  the setting of "low gain".  Also Breeze Audio is more of brand for skilled DIYers instead of general public, we have to do some checking and tweaking before sending them out , especially when shipping abroad.  So it is kind of against our goal as a serious brand to combo E11&E16 with Zen.

Also more importantly, Zen simply deserves more, we wanna to push for limits even on a budget level,  it "our own official budget portable amp" should be ready for the world by the end of next month. 

Cheers 

Lee

How well does the Zen scale with hardware? Did you test it out with amps of differing qualities and levels? Would be pretty neat to have it sound better and better as you upgrade amps over time :D

May 7, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #364 of 3,324
May 8, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #369 of 3,324
How well does the Zen scale with hardware? Did you test it out with amps of differing qualities and levels? Would be pretty neat to have it sound better and better as you upgrade amps over time :D

They scale incredibly well! Very similar to how my headphones such as the T50RP's and AKG Sextetts scale very well with amping and become fuller and fuller, yet without any fatiguing peaks. 

Been listening to the Zens for the last 45 minutes and I have only one thing to say:

Loving them from first listen :)

Awesome! And that's even before the 200 hours of prescribed burn in.

Do they are fitting into your freakish ears okay, or are you having to wear them sideways lol?

Btw, try the donuts covers - comfy, yet they let all of the treble goodness through.

May 8, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #371 of 3,324

They scale incredibly well! Very similar to how my headphones such as the T50RP's and AKG Sextetts scale very well with amping and become fuller and fuller, yet without any fatiguing peaks. 

Awesome! And that's even before the 200 hours of prescribed burn in.

Do they are fitting into your freakish ears okay, or are you having to wear them sideways lol?

Btw, try the donuts covers - comfy, yet they let all of the treble goodness through.

They honestly get loud in the same the Z5 does, sound gets fuller and fuller. I love this characteristic a lot. Yeah, they are very engaging and sound incredible out of the box. 

Hey leave my ears out of this :p Joking, they fit fine actually. The earbuds that I had with my iPhone 4 used to give me a lot of trouble and they wouldn't stay put. The Zen and the Asura fits nice and stays put, specially with the foam in.

I have been using the full foam one, will try the doughnut as well :)

Also, if you wear the zen over ear and wear it sideways (as androidvageta mentioned earlier), it fits PERFECTLY for me and I get that full sound you get when you push in the earbuds deep to get a good seal. The design is great in that in this wearing method there is no extra stress on the cables :D

This takes away some of the airyness so I prefer to wear it regularly and they stay there nicely. I have to give it to Lee, he has achieved something remarkable and I am definitely looking forward to his other products and projects.

May 8, 2015 at 9:06 PM Post #372 of 3,324
  Also, if you wear the zen over ear and wear it sideways (as androidvageta mentioned earlier), it fits PERFECTLY for me and I get that full sound you get when you push in the earbuds deep to get a good seal. The design is great in that in this wearing method there is no extra stress on the cables :D

Just tried that, and I was surprised that it worked at all lol! But it did work, although it was trickier to get them sounding full for me in that position. Whereas I get that fullness no problem when I wear them down (I don't have to "push them deep" to get it - I get it pretty much as soon as I plunk them loosely in my ears). So I'll consider myself lucky! :)

May 9, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #375 of 3,324
Well, it is silver cable and silver cable is almost never very soft in my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back