VE - A New and Impressive Earbuds Brand
May 5, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #302 of 3,324
  give them a chance and they will improve slowly, I have alot of earbuds and had all before and I can say is the Zen is my favorite out of them all at the moment until something better comes out :blush:

Ahhh...I've been listening to them for sure. I am writing a review ya know? 
wink.gif

It's just the E100 is hard to beat based on how I hear them, which is apparently an extremely rare case. I can say that the E100 is the best anything I've ever heard. Maybe not in all categories but generally speaking they're tops. And I've owned a lot. Hell, I've owned more and more high-end gear in the past year alone than most people have their whole lives.

Only thing is though is that they're all based on fit. The VE's aren't. Reviews in general about match up to what I'm hearing with the Zen where as with the E100 some people say they're OK, some say they suck, some (like me) love them.

In other words, I think the E100 is better by far but the Zen certainly seems to be a hell of a lot more consistent, which is certainly a plus.

May 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #303 of 3,324
Yes it is very good but will take all time to appreciate what it offers, it might take time getting used to because it requires alot of voltage to shine and I think I need an amp(lee I'll take one plz:wink:) to hear how it'll sound when fully powered,but out of my phone in hearing an excellent earbud none the less :blush:.

May 5, 2015 at 12:42 AM Post #304 of 3,324

Ahhh...I've been listening to them for sure. I am writing a review ya know? 
wink.gif

It's just the E100 is hard to beat based on how I hear them, which is apparently an extremely rare case. I can say that the E100 is the best anything I've ever heard. Maybe not in all categories but generally speaking they're tops. And I've owned a lot. Hell, I've owned more and more high-end gear in the past year alone than most people have their whole lives.

Only thing is though is that they're all based on fit. The VE's aren't. Reviews in general about match up to what I'm hearing with the Zen where as with the E100 some people say they're OK, some say they suck, some (like me) love them.

In other words, I think the E100 is better by far but the Zen certainly seems to be a hell of a lot more consistent, which is certainly a plus.

Fwiw, I don't hear any veil with the Zens, and you would think that a well respected reviewer like ClieOS might pick up on a veil if it existed. They have become my primary listening gizmo, and that wouldn't be happening if they were veiled. Maybe you should let them burn in for a while and see if they improve for you. And if they don't, then maybe it's just that the sound signature for you.

At any rate, based on your hype of the Baldor (and since they are so inexpensive), I almost ordered a pair for the heck of it. But then I saw the image of them being worn sideways. Huh? Is that required to get good sound out of them?

Edit: they DO require some good amping though, so that needs to be taken into consideration (possibly you have done so already).

May 5, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #305 of 3,324
@waynes world

There are a lot of songs I've listened to for years. Know them in and out. The Zen can't reproduce a lot of the minor nuances or, at the very least, is very recessed with some of them.

Again though, this is comparing them to what I have on hand. I can't compare the Zen to other earbuds. Have a lot of you owned full sized cans and IEM/CIEM's?

I mean, I don't know, it's possible the Zen is a great earbud and that most of what I've heard the past year (especially with the E100) is just...better. I mean, if all you know is buds then these very well could be fantastic and cut above the rest. Compared to what I own now and what I have owned I find them lacking. 

As far as the fit goes for the E100 that's how they sound best to me and a few others that have tried it. As with all things though it might be different for you. I know that wearing them like that certainly doesn't make sense, per se, but it works. Don't know how, don't know why, I just know that it does 
biggrin.gif

And I'll take it!

May 5, 2015 at 1:13 AM Post #307 of 3,324
hey i just got one, i wont say anything againest it ,but will include this in future tours.

May 5, 2015 at 1:17 AM Post #308 of 3,324
Recall, VE Zen need a good amplifier! Without amplifier silly to assess them! 320 ohm!!

I do. The ImAmp has plenty of power. 

Amplification isn't the issue.

hey i just got one, i wont say anything againest it ,but will include this in future tours.

The E100? What are your thoughts? Have to play around with the fit to get the best sound and foams are highly recommended.

May 5, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #309 of 3,324
i just ordered some from taobao,and it will go with zen and old monk to the coming AU tour, let see how this.plays out.

May 5, 2015 at 1:43 AM Post #311 of 3,324

I do. The ImAmp has plenty of power. 

Amplification isn't the issue.

The E100? What are your thoughts? Have to play around with the fit to get the best sound and foams are highly recommended.

One could say the same about the zen, with regards to fit and sound :wink:  were you able to get a good fit with different foams and such? 

May 5, 2015 at 1:48 AM Post #312 of 3,324

One could say the same about the zen, with regards to fit and sound :wink:  were you able to get a good fit with different foams and such? 

I talked about this earlier and how the E100 is VERY finicky where as the Zen isn't so much. I can say that based on other reviews I certainly am hearing the Zen as others are...I just don't hold their sound in such high praise is all. 

But no, the Zen and Asura certainly get a good fit with me.  Either way though, in the end just as with the E100, I can only base my review and opinions on how I hear them. Ya know?

May 5, 2015 at 1:52 AM Post #313 of 3,324

i just ordered some from taobao,and it will go with zen and old monk to the coming AU tour, let see how this.plays out.

I want to hear the Monk. What are the chances of getting a pair?

You can wait along with everybody else for the new monk, the old one is just their for the tour, cuz we found one by accident.

Cheers 

Lee

May 5, 2015 at 1:58 AM Post #315 of 3,324

You can wait along with everybody else for the new monk, the old one is just their for the tour, cuz we found one by accident.

Cheers 

Lee

out of curiosity, what kind of shell are you planning to use with the final monk? :) any changes to the cable? 

it would be the same as the one @golov17 showed earlier, only the logo will be in silver , not like the old version to be red.

we are working on new shell, but the will be a lot more expansive than the current Monk Asura , Zen , line.

Cheers

Lee

Users who are viewing this thread

Back